United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-04-2024, 08:25 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post
Cant wait for the summer tbh.

The sad thing is I look forward to other matches now to enjoy football. Watching United is just nothing.
This

I’d say it was like watching/following a mid table side

But even they would have a £#%&!ing go in the big games and as I’ve said look like they want to win

When you look at some of our results - including when we have been thrashed, if you didn’t know who it was, you’d swear it was relegation fodder

The biggest worry about United is that the mentality and identity has gone

Unread 14-04-2024, 08:27 AM
TreeFiddy

So few balls kicked in just one thread.

Unread 14-04-2024, 08:50 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre View Post
This

I’d say it was like watching/following a mid table side

But even they would have a £#%&!ing go in the big games and as I’ve said look like they want to win

When you look at some of our results - including when we have been thrashed, if you didn’t know who it was, you’d swear it was relegation fodder

The biggest worry about United is that the mentality and identity has gone
I’m hoping the new team running it will improve things. I can see us just having a coach, definitely at first, who is given the players to work with.

We need a structure in place that is suited to football. It’s a joke what has happened tbh.

Unread 14-04-2024, 09:06 AM
Dr Stranger

Unread 14-04-2024, 09:36 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy View Post
So few balls kicked in just one thread.
it doesn't feel like that.

Unread 14-04-2024, 10:03 AM
believe

Just called for a pint mid shopping and the games on. Barring some woeful finishing and a great save from Onana, Bournemouth could have easily been 5-1 up at half time. I honestly think our saving grace in some games this season have been teams completely baffling themselves by how easy we are to play against.

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:01 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Just called for a pint mid shopping and the games on. Barring some woeful finishing and a great save from Onana, Bournemouth could have easily been 5-1 up at half time. I honestly think our saving grace in some games this season have been teams completely baffling themselves by how easy we are to play against.
Yeah we have definitely been lucky that teams haven't been more ruthless against us

Unread 14-04-2024, 05:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
So 1 league win in 7 games, which just happens to be since we got loads of injuries again?

I'm one of those who has reluctantly concluded that EtH has to go in the summer, but still.

Let's not pretend that he hasn't also been almost ridiculously unlucky.

Unread 14-04-2024, 05:47 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
So 1 league win in 7 games, which just happens to be since we got loads of injuries again?

I'm one of those who has reluctantly concluded that EtH has to go in the summer, but still.

Let's not pretend that he hasn't also been almost ridiculously unlucky.
When does he go from being unlucky to incompetent on that front?

If we’re saying his teams are being ravaged by injuries and it’s impacting the performances to the point that we are where we are, why aren’t we fixing it? Because based on the logic of those blaming injuries, once that’s fixed we should be back on track

Unread 14-04-2024, 06:15 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre View Post
When does he go from being unlucky to incompetent on that front?

If we’re saying his teams are being ravaged by injuries and it’s impacting the performances to the point that we are where we are, why aren’t we fixing it? Because based on the logic of those blaming injuries, once that’s fixed we should be back on track
He kind of rushed Martinez back too. You make your own luck.

Unread 14-04-2024, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

Yes, but he rushes them back because we haven't got anyone else who is good enough.

And who is ultimately to blame for that?

Unread 14-04-2024, 06:48 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Yes, but he rushes them back because we haven't got anyone else who is good enough.

And who is ultimately to blame for that?
Him for spending half a billion on players we don’t/didnt need /are shit?

Unread 15-04-2024, 12:54 PM
wiganste

Yet another horror show from United but I don't think we expected anything different. Barring a dozen games, this season has been horrendous.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us get knocked out of the cup on Sunday. The players are cowards and they wouldn't want to face City in the final

I cannot wait until the season is over. An absolute holocaust

Unread 15-04-2024, 01:23 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
he blames injuries in our defence but we’ve got dalot, AWB and maguire with his expensive keeper behind them. we’ve got our first choice midfield

getting fed up
The teams out playing us are Brentford and Bournemouth most recently who at best have a defence as good as we’ve been fielding.

We have also be starting our strong midfield and forward line yet we can’t attack teams the way they attack us.

ETH is an incompetent clown and I’m glad people are realising it.

This has been the worst United team in my lifetime. Every game we look shit, even Newport had us on the ropes ffs.

Unread 15-04-2024, 01:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste View Post
Yet another horror show from United but I don't think we expected anything different. Barring a dozen games, this season has been horrendous.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us get knocked out of the cup on Sunday. The players are cowards and they wouldn't want to face City in the final

I cannot wait until the season is over. An absolute holocaust
Agree, its £#%&!ing woeful.

Unread 15-04-2024, 02:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post

We have also be starting our strong midfield
have we £#%&!.

Unread 15-04-2024, 02:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

Question for those who are familiar with the laws of the game.

It’s been doing the rounds that Bourmouth should have had a penalty. I was under the assumption if a foul is made outside the box that’s where the foul is. Regardless of falling into the box or it being carried into the box. If first contact is made outside the box that’s where the foul is.

Now , do the laws indicate that if a foul continues into the box it should be given a penalty? Because a few pundits have said it was a penalty but surely it’s not? Unless there has been a law change/update recently

Unread 15-04-2024, 03:14 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
Question for those who are familiar with the laws of the game.

It’s been doing the rounds that Bourmouth should have had a penalty. I was under the assumption if a foul is made outside the box that’s where the foul is. Regardless of falling into the box or it being carried into the box. If first contact is made outside the box that’s where the foul is.

Now , do the laws indicate that if a foul continues into the box it should be given a penalty? Because a few pundits have said it was a penalty but surely it’s not? Unless there has been a law change/update recently
if the foul continues into the box, it could be a penalty; the foul did not continue into the box.

Unread 15-04-2024, 04:13 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
if the foul continues into the box, it could be a penalty; the foul did not continue into the box.
Is the correct answer. A lot of pissing and whining because it's United.

The ref was a homer - gave them everything. It was only VAR that stopped them getting the pelanty

Unread 15-04-2024, 04:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste View Post
Is the correct answer. A lot of pissing and whining because it's United.

The ref was a homer - gave them everything. It was only VAR that stopped them getting the pelanty
Notice how everyone was quite alright with two absolute soft arse £#%&!ing dives from Chelsea and Liverpool that got given as pens against us. That 2nd one at chelsea was an absolute farce, there was pretty much zero contact besides a brush and he went over like he'd been shot.

But VAR conclusively proves a foul happened OUTSIDE the actual £#%&!ing penalty area, then it's "oh no no, that's got to be some kind of conspiracy".

And was it even a foul anyway? What's Kwambwala supposed to do exactly in that situation? Turn into a hologram and let the guy go through him?