United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-08-2022, 12:52 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
, the sort of people who get changed with a towel round themselves in the gym changing rooms
deserves a thread and a poll this

Unread 01-08-2022, 12:59 PM
tatty

Didn’t even know the final was on.

I’d have probably watched it if I had.

Unread 01-08-2022, 01:11 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Even as someone who hasn’t called the UK home for 13 years it’s always a nice feeling when something good happens to the country.

However it’s the aftermath and some of the stuff now that makes you laugh. News presenter here has been banging on about how we should all watch womens football now and how it should be recognized on an equal level with the mens. Why should it? And it’s not like they’re asking me to consider they’re telling me I have to 100% get on board otherwise I’m a chauvinistic pig.

Then she goes on to say it’s the same in all sports no it’s not, I’ve watched Women's tennis for years and the likes of Serena Williams, Steffi Graf etc are sublime athletes who you pay money too. Same in athletics, beach volleyball etc.

I said it jokingly yesterday but I can honestly see having to watch highlights this year interspersed with women's games that I have absolutely no interest in watching.

Oh and “it’s finally come home” get £#%&!ed no one ever thought about wanting whatever it is to ever come home before last week
Postage. exactly how I feel. I'm chuffed for the women and what they have achieved. but can the media just fo with that this is elite sport equivalent to the men's game.

Womens football is no doubt good for whoever enjoys it, but the media packaging around it is abysmal on every level

Quote:
That last paragraph of yours is insane

some people on here have done just that because it’s women doing well in a sport they consider to be for men (and their mates)

Insecurity over-load - all stinks of insecurity, the sort of people who get changed with a towel round themselves in the gym changing rooms

These girls are living in people’s heads rent free
How and in what way is it insane? do you even follow football at all? A 'professor' who doesn't even know the basic rules lecturing the world on 'gender issues' is precisely why this can be such a turn off.

Unread 01-08-2022, 01:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
i’m laughing at all the needy guys in FB comments sections of the lioness post giving it stuff like “fair play to the woman’s game, at least they don’t roll around play acting like the men etc”

The reason I find it so cringeworthy is due to how obviously forced it is.
They're getting better at playacting and shithousing, just as they are at the actual football

Unread 01-08-2022, 02:08 PM
Ethers

Fans of mens football on Twitter are famously clued up tbf.

State of some of you lot

Unread 01-08-2022, 02:27 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 01-08-2022, 02:38 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Is that a breast implant?

Unread 01-08-2022, 03:24 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Postage. exactly how I feel. I'm chuffed for the women and what they have achieved. but can the media just fo with that this is elite sport equivalent to the men's game.

Womens football is no doubt good for whoever enjoys it, but the media packaging around it is abysmal on every level

How and in what way is it insane? do you even follow football at all? A 'professor' who doesn't even know the basic rules lecturing the world on 'gender issues' is precisely why this can be such a turn off.
What in the name of Christ are you waffling on about

Professor, lecturing - what? Genuinely, you’re all over the show

sparky is saying we should be celebrating this event not turning it in to something it isn’t

England win the euros and it’s all sneering and having a dig

If this was another section of society, and not women, we wouldn’t be having this conversation

And don’t bring words like professor in to this thing you cringey mess

Unread 01-08-2022, 03:57 PM
no fun

Quote:

And don’t bring words like professor in to this thing you cringey mess
I think he meant one of the women replying was a professor, not you

Unread 01-08-2022, 04:03 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I think be might still be drunk celebrating

Unread 01-08-2022, 04:18 PM
Pop

Fury, outrage, anger, absolutely disgusting, must do better, shocking, all men are BASTARDS!!!!!

Unread 01-08-2022, 04:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
he's got his England knickers in a right twist here ..

Unread 01-08-2022, 04:30 PM
jem

give them their open top parade!

Unread 01-08-2022, 04:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
100%

Unread 01-08-2022, 04:38 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 01-08-2022, 04:44 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Disgusting. You’ll be calling it bird ball next.

Unread 01-08-2022, 05:02 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
It would probably do as well as City’s last May.

Unread 01-08-2022, 05:03 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There's not much hope of that happening any time soon. The Americans are the best mainly because it's pretty much the only country in the world where "soccer" is seen as a primarily female sport. They have the school sport system which allows them an enormous talent pool from which they can pick the absolute best players, backed by funds our girls teams can only dream of.

Grimson who used to post on here is a goalkeeping coach at a University girls team and it astounds me the financial backing they get and the sheer amount of participation.

On a pure athletic level, the yanks are just miles ahead. It's not even close. The skill gap isn't that far but they're faster and stronger which in female sport counts for everything.
its backed by funds that the parents pay or a scholarship that is paid for by the millions the school brings in on college sports( for grimmers) . I pay for my youngest to play and its the same price coaching as the lads. Same setup same pitches 2 hours 3x a week games at the weekend. She's 10.

It's not that the gov pay £#%&! all for it or sponsors are excited, US soccer is not the highest paid UK beats it, it's more how its treated socially. "soccer" has been a sport both can play. NFL on the other hand

Unread 01-08-2022, 05:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
"soccer" has been a sport both can play. NFL on the other hand
ah, the lingerie league.....

ears getting all misty-eyed.

Unread 01-08-2022, 05:33 PM
utd99

It’s rubbish. The fact that it’s women playing is irrelevant. There are plenty of sports where the womens side of it is as entertaining - or more so - than the mens. Just not football. Sorry.
Closed Thread