United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He played about two games for us, tbf.
@#%&! should've been nowhere near the club. Not least because he was an obese midget who was about 10 years past it.

Unread 02-12-2012, 09:30 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Stokes is clearly a #@&%!. But my understanding is that he grew up with these scumbags, and has known them since he was a kid. Not excusing him retaining links with them, but it's more understandable than Goram who grew up in Oldham and sought out links to terrorists in later life, in order to gain kudos with the Rangers supporters. Much less excusable in my book.

As for Goram's explanations, they were so lacking in any credibility to the point that they were completely worthless. Black armband was for his auntie who had died 4 months previous... not much of an "out"
In my opinion regardless of the childhood link he could have kept his distance as he got older instead he ignored all the nasty shit or even worse condones that behaviour.

Unread 02-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
In my opinion regardless of the childhood link he could have kept his distance as he got older instead he ignored all the nasty shit or even worse condones that behaviour.
I agree. He's clearly a dick.

Shite player too. Should make it easier for Celtic to condemn his behaviour, and make a stand...

Unread 02-12-2012, 09:40 PM
andyroo

"Religion changed Andy into a totally different person"... sorry to labour the joke but

Unread 02-12-2012, 11:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
@#%&! should've been nowhere near the club. Not least because he was an obese midget who was about 10 years past it.
That explains how he only played a few matches, tbf

It was only a short term loan, tbh - I find it hard to get too wound up about it

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Stokes is clearly a #@&%!. But my understanding is that he grew up with these scumbags, and has known them since he was a kid. Not excusing him retaining links with them, but it's more understandable than Goram who grew up in England and sought out links to terrorists in later life, in order to gain kudos with the Rangers supporters. Much less excusable in my book.

As for Goram's explanations, they were so lacking in any credibility to the point that they were completely worthless. Black armband was for his auntie who had died 4 months previous... not much of an "out"

And he claimed he had a photo taken in which there was a UVF flag on the wall behind him and he didn't even know it was there... Less plausible when you see that's he's holding the thing in his hand, with a big grin on his mug.
How do you know that?

Rangers fans worshipped him anyway.

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
How do you know that?

Rangers fans worshipped him anyway.

And his links to "the cause" didn't do him any harm at all in that respect.

I was guessing he pursued the UVF link, and made a public show of it, because he knew it would endear him to hardcore bigots amongst the Rangers fans. The alternative is that he is purely a sick @#%&! who likes hanging around with cold-blooded, psychopathic murderers.

Giddily recounted in his autobiography about the time he was introduced to one of the Shankhill Butchers.

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Grimson

Quote:
And his links to "the cause" didn't do him any harm at all in that respect.

I was guessing he pursued the UVF link, and made a public show of it, because he knew it would endear him to hardcore bigots amongst the Rangers fans. The alternative is that he is purely a sick @#%&! who likes hanging around with cold-blooded, psychopathic murderers.

Giddily recounted in his autobiography about the time he was introduced to one of the Shankhill Butchers.
There's more gray area than that, surely. Like a lot of people who nebulously attach themselves to such things, he may have been attracted to the dark image without really believing in it or fully understanding it. In addition to being schizo, Goram was a bit of an idiot.

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:58 AM
MUFC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
There's more gray area than that, surely. Like a lot of people who nebulously attach themselves to such things, he may have been attracted to the dark image without really believing in it or fully understanding it. In addition to being schizo, Goram was a bit of an idiot.
Twice as much of an idiot as most people, too.

Didn't he ghost write his autobiography?

Unread 03-12-2012, 05:50 AM
rafabio

Not sure what Celtic can do here. They can't sack stokes since he has done anything illegal. Celtic could easily be sued by Stokes if they sack him. I am sure that's the reason they haven't done/said anything.

Unread 03-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Goram was an idealistic scumbag, probably stupid enough to pose with the uvf flag to appeal to supporters, but not out of any cunningness.

Unread 03-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
when bosnich played for us he (allegedly) kept some very interesting company amongst some very heavy gangsters
Well he was Australian...

Unread 03-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

The stokes article mentions a female journalist who was tracking the real ira group in Dublin. I read an article of hers where she asked ryan (leader who was killed) how many hunger strikers died, he got it wrong and then when she asked him to name them he just laughed and couldn't answer.
Not really anything to do with the story I suppose but truth is this group in dublin are in it for the name.
That's not to say stokes isn't an armchair republican or that this group wouldn't assist the northern conterparts in terms of criminal activity. Because they have and will kill anyone, regardless of politics.

Unread 04-12-2012, 10:30 PM
thatsfuctit

did a bit of reading around ryan, one of the names / families who's name came up quite a bit was shot dead today too

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...n-3316250.html

Unread 04-12-2012, 10:59 PM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
The stokes article mentions a female journalist who was tracking the real ira group in Dublin. I read an article of hers where she asked ryan (leader who was killed) how many hunger strikers died, he got it wrong and then when she asked him to name them he just laughed and couldn't answer.
Not really anything to do with the story I suppose but truth is this group in dublin are in it for the name.
That's not to say stokes isn't an armchair republican or that this group wouldn't assist the northern conterparts in terms of criminal activity. Because they have and will kill anyone, regardless of politics.

Saw a programme recently (Spotlight) that looked at the RIRA in Dublin and its feud with drug gangs. Conclusion was basically that the RIRA are fast becoming an irrelevance down there, the gangs out-muscle and out-gun them and have £#%&! all loyalty to anything other than money. Ruthless shit.

Unread 04-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho

Saw a programme recently (Spotlight) that looked at the RIRA in Dublin and its feud with drug gangs. Conclusion was basically that the RIRA are fast becoming an irrelevance down there, the gangs out-muscle and out-gun them and have £#%&! all loyalty to anything other than money. Ruthless shit.
Would like to see that.

I don't know a lot about it, but I presumed through sensationalist media that the phoney Republicans were growing in stature.. But it could be just that they're getting more attention as they're chased out of their holes.

Unread 04-12-2012, 11:38 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Would like to see that.

I don't know a lot about it, but I presumed through sensationalist media that the phoney Republicans were growing in stature.. But it could be just that they're getting more attention as they're chased out of their holes.
As an aside a 65 year old as shot dead in dublin this evening, known as a high ranking member of a criminal gang. Said on the news that he was believed to be behind the killing of ryan the rira leader last summer, a revenge killing as it were.

Unread 04-12-2012, 11:39 PM
no fun

Quote:
As an aside a 65 year old as shot dead in dublin this evening, known as a high ranking member of a criminal gang. Said on the news that he was believed to be behind the killing of ryan the rira leader last summer, a revenge killing as it were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
did a bit of reading around ryan, one of the names / families who's name came up quite a bit was shot dead today too

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...n-3316250.html

Unread 04-12-2012, 11:42 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 04-12-2012, 11:47 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:
We heard. Thatsfuctit claimed it, which enraged the RIRA. Expect £#%&! all except a strongly worded statement to ensue in the wake of this.
Closed Thread