United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 61 53.51%
Sack 53 46.49%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:09 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
I think he knows he's going to get the sack at this stage.

There were reports going around the the players have noticed a change in his demeanour recently and i do wonder if he's been told by Ratcliffe that he'll be relieved of his duties.
I thought after the Chelsea match that there was no way Jim sat in those stands and said,”I want to watch this again.”

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:10 PM
NedKelly

The notion that Erik Ten Hag should be sacked is utterly ridiculous, though par for the course on here for the Outers among us, I suppose. A man revered as one of the top young managers in the game; who led us to silverware in his first season, and is well on track to delivering us the FA Cup this season; a man who has a track record of wonderful players being devoted to him; a man known in certain parts of de Nederland, as de manloze leeuw; he, of all people, should be ousted when we’re finally back to bringing home trophies?

The season has been largely underwhelming, yes. But relying on players like Jacob Maguire, Casemiro, Marcus Rashford, Lindelof, Jonny Evans (wtf), and - I’m sorry grinchers - Dalot… Come on guys, surely you see we need to replace these guys asap, and trust the process.

I also blame the medical team; I’m sure I read recently that Sir Jim had sacked them off. Hopefully we’ll start to see the injury situation improve over the next few months, in time for a new season under Ten Hag. Missing players like Mason Mount, Martinez, Malacia etc. has cost us massively.

Give him time. We saw what happened when we did just that under Ferguson. It’s a shame some of your memories are so short.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Jethro

Just seeing out the season. He knows it and the players most certainly do.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:12 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
The notion that Erik Ten Hag should be sacked is utterly ridiculous, though par for the course on here for the Outers among us, I suppose. A man revered as one of the top young managers in the game; who led us to silverware in his first season, and is well on track to delivering us the FA Cup this season; a man who has a track record of wonderful players being devoted to him; a man known in certain parts of de Nederland, as de manloze leeuw; he, of all people, should be ousted when we’re finally back to bringing home trophies?

The season has been largely underwhelming, yes. But relying on players like Jacob Maguire, Casemiro, Marcus Rashford, Lindelof, Jonny Evans (wtf), and - I’m sorry grinchers - Dalot… Come on guys, surely you see we need to replace these guys asap, and trust the process.

I also blame the medical team; I’m sure I read recently that Sir Jim had sacked them off. Hopefully we’ll start to see the injury situation improve over the next few months, in time for a new season under Ten Hag. Missing players like Mason Mount, Martinez, Malacia etc. has cost us massively.

Give him time. We saw what happened when we did just that under Ferguson. It’s a shame some of your memories are so short.

I worry people will take your posts seriously.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:19 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Just seeing out the season. He knows it and the players most certainly do.
Yup.

Clear as day isn’t it.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:23 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhattricks View Post
I thought after the Chelsea match that there was no way Jim sat in those stands and said,”I want to watch this again.”
He’ll have to, he’s a season ticket holder.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:25 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Apart from conceding late goals and abandoning defence and midfield, he's brought nothing new.
What makes me laugh is he pushes Dalot into midfield, so they clearly target our right side which is now vacant and we still have no midfield. It's as though Dalot disappeared entirely.

And all because Pep convinced these lame-brains it was the new way. He must watch these morons get pinned back by trying to play out with inferior players and laugh his £#%&!ing socks off.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:44 PM
Sandman

Not looking good for him, only hope is it's Nagelsmann next, and not Southgate.

Unread 13-04-2024, 10:26 PM
magic_cantona

Sick of seeing this when we lose the ball. Reds = us, Black's =opposition.
Why is the middle of the park like a massive empty chasm of grief when we give the ball away. You could drive a £#%&!ing convoy of Sherman tanks through the middle and none of our players would be in any danger of getting run over. It's a £#%&!ing shambles. Who coaches them ffs? Manchester United = Getting bossed by everyone

Unread 13-04-2024, 10:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Why is the middle of the park like a massive empty chasm of grief when we give the ball away. You could drive a £#%&!ing convoy of Sherman tanks through the middle and none of our players would be in any danger of getting run over. It's a £#%&!ing shambles. Who coaches them ffs? Manchester United = Getting bossed by everyone

Eh up it’s Nick Griffin

Unread 13-04-2024, 10:33 PM
Dr Stranger

The same issues persist and they’re alarming. The results aren’t as bad as the performances, and the results aren’t great

I don’t think they’ve stopped playing for him. That wouldn’t be as bad because that would explain it. This is them trying! We’re an absolute mess without the ball and not much better with it. Chaotic when we need calm. Passive when we need intensity. We rely on the short spells in games where we have momentum, otherwise we’re the most disorganised team in the league. There’s worse teams with worse players, but in terms of how we set up and go about things, it’s like we want to fail and borders on impressive

I like the guy. I am just about still ‘in’. Still largely due to the promise of last season, the shitshow above him and the lack of appealing alternatives… but he’s making it harder and harder to make a case for him staying based on anything he’s actually doing.

If performances don’t drastically improve and we win the FA Cup, I think he’s almost certainly gone and I don’t see either happening. We won’t finish higher than 6th and that’s never acceptable.

And he’s not even INEOS’s guy. He’s in big trouble and it’d be weird if he wasn’t.

Unread 13-04-2024, 10:36 PM
armchair

Quote:

parklife except they say fortnite instead of parklife.

Unread 13-04-2024, 10:39 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
The same issues persist and they’re alarming. The results aren’t as bad as the performances, and the results aren’t great

I don’t think they’ve stopped playing for him. That wouldn’t be as bad because that would explain it. This is them trying! We’re an absolute mess without the ball and not much better with it. Chaotic when we need calm. Passive when we need intensity. We rely on the short spells in games where we have momentum, otherwise we’re the most disorganised team in the league. There’s worse teams with worse players, but in terms of how we set up and go about things, it’s like we want to fail and borders on impressive

I like the guy. I am just about still ‘in’. Still largely due to the promise of last season, the shitshow above him and the lack of appealing alternatives… but he’s making it harder and harder to make a case for him staying based on anything he’s actually doing.

If performances don’t drastically improve and we win the FA Cup, I think he’s almost certainly gone and I don’t see either happening. We won’t finish higher than 6th and that’s never acceptable.

And he’s not even INEOS’s guy. He’s in big trouble and it’d be weird if he wasn’t.
How could you possibly be still in?

Last season promise has expired! We are consistently shit! We’ve been shit more than we’ve been good so how does this promise you refer to even look promising ?

1 win in our last 7 in the league while playing a game a week

Unread 13-04-2024, 10:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
How could you possibly be still in?
Literally answered in the following sentence

Unread 13-04-2024, 11:10 PM
poppy

On a positive note, we don’t concede many goals in relation to the avalanche of chances teams create against us. If we could only reduce those number of chances to somewhere approaching league-average levels, we’d be pretty much unbeatable.

(Just talking to Arnie Muhren. Erik’s been told).

Unread 13-04-2024, 11:19 PM
Finport Red

Quote:

I like that Dalot appears to be doing some kind of Freddie Mercury live mic stand £#%&!ging thing.

I’m also now selling a range of dinnerplates on Redbubble using the bits inside the circle as a pattern.

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:19 AM
marlo

“we miss Martinez”

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:25 AM
Zorg

Can we get a par league thread started? I need to pretend we’re not £#%&!ing shit.