United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
My opinion is that Gibson isn't very good, get over it. :
No, worse than tosic in central midfield you said. Still not justifying this. No surprise. Get back to sycophancy, it's all you are good for.

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I was just pointing out what a £#%&!er you are.
And who are you to tell me this? Again, another inferior poster jumps on the anti Betty bandwagon

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
No. If you bothered to read my earlier post you would see that is a million miles from what I was saying.

I was just pointing out what a £#%&!er you are.

I will take 'Geeky bore' as your speak for intelligent person who you can't understand due to your own lack of intelligence, now run along.
Pointless innit dunks, he has nothing to say, just wants a row.

believe

I thought Tosic was a winger?

Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
No, worse than tosic in central midfield you said. Still not justifying this. No surprise. Get back to sycophancy, it's all you are good for.
Words on a screen Bret, you should remember this before you self combust. You're too easy.

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
And who are you to tell me this? Again, another inferior poster jumps on the anti Betty bandwagon
Ha, ha, ha, look at his over-inflated ego. What a sad sycophant you are Betty. Tell us you're the voice of the fans, always gets a laugh that one.

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Words on a screen Bret, you should remember this before you self combust. You're too easy.
Sorry, I've been perfectly reasonable, you've got your little knickers in a twist having a pop at dunks and claiming "internet superiority", comical really.

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
What a load of bollox. Take the red specs off lads we're beginning to sound a bit like RAWK.
immitation is the sincerest form of flattery

RAWK has its own thread on here which says it all

are you watching merseyside

nope, they probably aren't cus we're playing £#%&!ing fulham

oh right, which one's that gerrard bloke then?

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Ha, ha, ha, look at his over-inflated ego. What a sad sycophant you are Betty. Tell us you're the voice of the fans, always gets a laugh that one.
Top lad in real life.

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Top lad in real life.
£#%&!ed up Eurovision big time though.

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:24 PM
dunk

Quote:

I have 2 or 3 posts in this thread alone that shit on everything you have ever posted on RI or here from a great, great height.

You are an insignificant £#%&!nut that everyone hates. The only things inferior to you have multiple legs and eat shit.

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Betty

Quote:
Top lad in real life.
At least I have a life and don't come on an Internet forum begging for friends. Apart from Fred Tissue you have nothing...... Bless

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:30 PM
believe

Quote:
At least I have a life and don't come on an Internet forum begging for friends. Apart from Fred Tissue you have nothing...... Bless
the irony in that post

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
the irony in that post
It's rather sad isn't it.

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Betty

Quote:

I have 2 or 3 posts in this thread alone that shit on everything you have ever posted on RI or here from a great, great height.

You are an insignificant £#%&!nut that everyone hates. The only things inferior to you have multiple legs and eat shit.
Who are you again....

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Who are you again....
Me.

What the £#%&! are you?

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:46 PM
waynes ear's

evidently Anderson was out on the piss again last night

Unread 19-02-2009, 02:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
evidently Anderson was out on the piss again last night
On the piss or drinking redbull while out and about?

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
i would say that the vast majority of this thread is ridiculous tbh.

For a start, Gibson and Anderson are different types of midfield players, I would imagine they would for a fairly decent midfield 2 rather than one or the other, Gibson's movement of the ball alongside Anderson's energy could work quite well.

Anyway, I don't think it is fair to write Gibson off, yes, he has just turned 22, but not all players are ready to be first teamer's at 18. He's a big lad and as a result will probably grow and develop slower than smaller players, then there is his personality, which seems to be laid back and patient and might lead to slower development in itself. He obviously has something or he would be long gone, and I have seen enough from him at various levels to be sure he can play. He's highly thought of by the coaches and management as well, who know more than all of us. He's got a fair chance of being on the fringes for a while, it's whether or not he can push on from there. If we were putting him 'in the shop window' he would've been gone in the summer, United don't need to advertise players, any number of clubs would be happy to take him.

As for Anderson, comparing him to Fabregas is ridiculous and unfair. Fabregas has been in this country since he was 15-16, has been allowed to develop quietly in the Arsenal reserves/Carling Cup team and eventually had a place created for him in the first team by Wenger selling more experienced players to balance the books. There has also been a lot less pressure on him as Arsenal's expectations have dropped. He's a fine player who has been given time, and was left in the team when he wasn't performing and allowed to develop as Arsenal were achieving nothing regardless.

Anderson has shown glimpses of the talent he has, but you have to remember his playing career is in it's infancy, I don't think he has even played 100 first team games in his career. His time at United and his career for that matter, has been disrupted by injuries and internationals and he is attempting to get a foothold in the midfield of the World Champions. I am of the opinion, as I have said before, that he is some way off being first choice at this moment in time, but has enough about him to be a damn fine player for us in the end. I think, and have said before, this season was always going to be tough, maybe even a write off for him and that next season will be when you see him start to really kick on, after a summer off and a good pre-season with United, the importance of which is often underestimated and is something Anderson has never had. He could do with not getting picked for Brazil for a while too, IMO.

Players who are 20, 21, 22, 23 are very rarely first team regulars, usually just starting to get to that position, particularly in midfield, unless they are truly exceptional and have had the good fortune to get a flying, uninterrupted start. I would say neither Gibson nor Anderson has had those luxuries tbh, so give them a chance. Which means neither lauding them as 'World Class' or writing them off as 'Dire'.
Good, fair assesment.

Fabregas has indeed played a lot more football than Anderson, due to the reasons mentioned. But it must be said, people compare Anderson favourably with him because he has made Fabregas his bitch on several occasions already in his short career over here. In fact, at times it's been a little embarrassing. Even some of the most blinkered Arsenal fans I know admit it. Obviously there's a wider picture, but when the two have played against each other, Anderson has definitely had the better of him.

Unread 19-02-2009, 04:23 PM
red @rmy

Thread goes as planned smiley.

Closed Thread