United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:33 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Time to get off Ronaldo's back?

I think its time we started supporting the lad again, yes he £#%&!ed up during the summer and let things get to his head and yes this year hes been a little strange in his behaviour but I think its time to get behind him.
You can feel the tension towards him at the game and I'm sure its contributing to his petulance (sp?).
Hes a united player and as long as hes here we should get behind him.
Hes a European Champion and was instrumental in what we won last year, without him it wouldn't have happened..simple as that.
Hes European Footballer of the year and for now he is ours, lets treat him as part of the family and not the ginger step son.

Viva Ronaldo!!

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:34 PM
dunk

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Ginners

booooooooo

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:36 PM
antonin jablonsky

We pay his money, he scores goals and wins games, purely a financial arrangement before his summer move to Real. Hope we get good value.

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:39 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
We pay his money, he scores goals and wins games, purely a financial arrangement before his summer move to Real. Hope we get good value.
Hasn't recently.

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
I think its time we started supporting the lad again, yes he £#%&!ed up during the summer and let things get to his head and yes this year hes been a little strange in his behaviour but I think its time to get behind him.
You can feel the tension towards him at the game and I'm sure its contributing to his petulance (sp?).
Hes a European Champion and was instrumental in what we won last year, without him it wouldn't have happened..simple as that.
Hes European Footballer of the year and for now he is ours, lets treat him as part of the family and not the ginger step son.

Viva Ronaldo!!
Totally agreed before the Celtic, Stoke, Villa and Sunderland games

I was 100% ready to forgive him and I even had a few run ins with #@&%!s booing him at the match.

Now I think he is just playing for himself - the only time he passes is when there is a 1 2 on.

He thinks we are all there to see him, the theatricals are becoming embarrassing.

He can well and truly £#%&! right off as soon as he is ready imo

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:40 PM
BarryX

Quote:

Viva Ronaldo!!
I would agree with all that, but its hard living a lie and treating someone whose heart and sole isn't with us, like one of your own. The quotes from Anderson got to me, too, at the weekend.

I don't look at him as the ginger step son. I see him more like a foreign nephew who has come to stay with the family to study English. He has been highly impressive, and can now speak the Queens English, however he has started to get cheeky and wants to bugger off and practise his language skills with a Spanish family who I £#%&!ing hate.

Sorry, SSG2. I get your sentiments, but until I know for sure he will be staying for at least 3 more years, he won't be getting any Teville love (even though it is mostly sent from thousands of miles away).

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
i'm not sure you've entirely grasped the revenue generation to wage bill structure tbh

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
I would agree with all that, but its hard living a lie and treating someone whose heart and sole isn't with us, like one of your own. The quotes from Anderson got to me, too, at the weekend.

I don't look at him as the ginger step son. I see him more like a foreign nephew who has come to stay with the family to study English. He has been highly impressive, and can now speak the Queens English, however he has started to get cheeky and wants to bugger off and practise his language skills with a Spanish family who I £#%&!ing hate.

Sorry, SSG2. I get your sentiments, but until I know for sure he will be staying for at least 3 more years, he won't be getting any Teville love (even though it is mostly sent from thousands of miles away).
Missed it

What has he been saying

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i'm not sure you've entirely grasped the revenue generation to wage bill structure tbh
I have, I was simplifying, it is a purely a financial arrangement between clunb and player and as such fans and player now. Anyone who believes otherwise is deluding themselves, he wants to be at Real and will do the same again next summer to make it happen.

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:45 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
Missed it

What has he been saying
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=16

Whislt not as bad as 'I am a Ronaldo get me outta here' dream move, but the fact that Anderson has quoted Ronaldo's dream and saying that like him, he wants to get out, left me Miffedto£#%&!.com.

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

I was 100% ready to forgive him and I even had a few run ins with #@&%!s booing him at the match.

Now I think he is just playing for himself - the only time he passes is when there is a 1 2 on.

He thinks we are all there to see him, the theatricals are becoming embarrassing.

didn't he set up any chances in those four games?

could've sworn he put Berbatov clean through on Saturday

and wasn't it his pass that teed up carrick for 2-0 against Stoke?

there's probably others, but anyway...

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Quote:

all correct

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:48 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Do people really expect foreign players to only want to play for united? I mean come on, we are not the only big club in the world, players will want to try soemthing different.
I would loved to have been on here (if it was around) when giggs said he'd like to play in italy.
Players have ambitions and want to try different things.
I think Rio said he'd like to play in Spain or Italy and I never thought after his contract issues he would still be here but he knows what united is all about, the fans have forgiven him (except lardy) and he'll be here for the rest of his career.

Ronaldo should be given a second chance. nft

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:48 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Time to get off Ronaldo's back?
is it £#%&!. the @#%&! deserves £#%&! all respect from reds after the way HE ruined what should have been a glorious summer

£#%&! him

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:50 PM
BarryX

winning isn't everything. Manchester United is.

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I have, I was simplifying, it is a purely a financial arrangement between clunb and player and as such fans and player now. Anyone who believes otherwise is deluding themselves, he wants to be at Real and will do the same again next summer to make it happen.
players - plural

your ticket price is split between every single player and staff member at United

Ronaldo will one day leave United, that is almost certainly true

anyone who says they know when that day is is deluding themselves

but worse than that, anyone who lives their life in the future so to speak is a very sad individual indeed

live for today; tomorrow never comes

BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
winning isn't everything. Manchester United is.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Do people really expect foreign players to only want to play for united? I mean come on, we are not the only big club in the world, players will want to try soemthing different.
I would loved to have been on here (if it was around) when giggs said he'd like to play in italy.
Players have ambitions and want to try different things.
I think Rio said he'd like to play in Spain or Italy and I never thought after his contract issues he would still be here but he knows what united is all about, the fans have forgiven him (except lardy) and he'll be here for the rest of his career.

Ronaldo should be given a second chance. nft
Ha, ha, you make it sound like he casually mentioned he might one day like to try a different football culture. He tried ALL £#%&!ING SUMMER, to force a move to Real. He will do the same again this summer. You gonna forgive him again then, wqhen he gets his wish in a year and £#%&!s off?

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
all correct
clearly not, as already pointed out
Closed Thread