United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Given that we won last night.

It's amazing how many of our players were apparantly utter shit and how our manager is apparantly incompetent? If we win on Satdee we'll be top I understand.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:13 AM
armchair

Default reposted from another thread

I think it's time for the english, european and world champions to cull most of the squad and sign wigan (and by the weekend bolton) players.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Bunker Buster

Yes, but it wasnt a 'good' performance......the result is all that matters, but as this is a football forum for discussion not a Man U fan boy site its acceptable.

Berbs was shit.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:17 AM
wiganste

Everyone bar Vidic (& maybe Evans) were below par last night.

Poor performance, great 3 points

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:18 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yes, but it wasnt a 'good' performance......the result is all that matters, but as this is a football forum for discussion not a Man U fan boy site its acceptable.

Berbs was shit.
It's reactionary shit is what it is. We had it in every successful season. No team has ever won the league without grinding out a few results.

You need to pay attention a bit more to Professor Andy Gray, even that clown knows that this is how leagues are won.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Everyone bar Vidic (& maybe Evans) were below par last night.

Poor performance, great 3 points
I thought we were fairly good first half. Wigan are a good side in good form though and came back at us in the 2nd half. I don't deny it wasn't a great performance but it's hardly reason for half the squad to be written off.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Bunker Buster

I need to pay attention to No-one.

I will use my own eyes and judgement gleaned from watching football for near on 20 years.....

As ste said. Poor performance, great three points.....

the only player i have a 'problem' with from last night is shown in another thread...

Discussions, Wums and debate is surely what this place and football is all about.

No?

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:23 AM
armchair

Quote:
I need to pay attention to No-one.

I will use my own eyes and judgement gleaned from watching football for near on 20 years.....

As ste said. Poor performance, great three points.....

the only player i have a 'problem' with from last night is shown in another thread...

Discussions, Wums and debate is surely what this place and football is all about.

No?
I realise you are new here but I hate shit wums.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
It's reactionary shit is what it is. We had it in every successful season. No team has ever won the league without grinding out a few results.

What's funny is that some here who were equally apoplectic for half of last season now look back at that and seem to claim we played like Brazil of the 70s every week. Results like last night are as important in winning things as results like Sunday.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:25 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
It's amazing how many of our players were apparantly utter shit and how our manager is apparantly incompetent? If we win on Satdee we'll be top I understand.
Nani, Scholes and O'Shea were shite.

nft.

Barksdale

Surely a below par performance was to be expected?

We've played a lot of games recently and following the result against Chelsea, it was always going to be sturggle to perform to the same levels against Wigan.

We needed the 3 points and got them.

Job done.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
I realise you are new here but I hate shit wums.
I don't do Wums.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Nani, Scholes and O'Shea were shite.

nft.
Bedders the Forum United copper, will not allow that.....expect to be punished...

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barksdale
Surely a below par performance was to be expected?

We've played a lot of games recently and following the result against Chelsea, it was always going to be sturggle to perform to the same levels against Wigan.

We needed the 3 points and got them.

Job done.
Agreed, there is often a bit of a hangover after a game like Sunday and Wihgan are a good team who were clearly up for it.

wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I thought we were fairly good first half. Wigan are a good side in good form though and came back at us in the 2nd half. I don't deny it wasn't a great performance but it's hardly reason for half the squad to be written off.
Wigan are a very good team. Steve Bruce has built a decent side and on another night, they would have got something from that game.

Saying that, it was a big blow losing Rooney so early. He's one of the few players that won't accept 'going through the motions' which it seemed to me like we did last night.

But the bottom line is that we got a very good 3 points last night and this performance will be forgotten if we pick up our 18th title in May

armchair

Quote:
I don't do Wums.

You've been very wummy recently.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:27 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:

Berbs was shit.
*snigger*

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:27 AM
armchair

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Wigan are a very good team. Steve Bruce has built a decent side and on another night, they would have got something from that game.

Saying that, it was a big blow losing Rooney so early. He's one of the few players that won't accept 'going through the motions' which it seemed to me like we did last night.

But the bottom line is that we got a very good 3 points last night and this performance will be forgotten if we pick up our 18th title in May
yup

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
You've been very wummy recently.
Wind up merchant merchant you?

I haven't btw......

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Bedders the Forum United copper, will not allow that.....expect to be punished...
Not at all, just like to add some positivity to the forums post match apoplexy every now and then. I thought O' Shea was shite, Scholes poor and Nani poor apart from a couple of good moments. I thought the main problem was a lack of urgency in midfield though.
Closed Thread