Unread 11-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Camel

R-e-a-l £#%&!ing purrrrlease!

Unread 11-12-2008, 09:51 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
£#%&!s me off that! why do we have to wait until NEXT friday
It's %@#$&!s. But I think UEFA wait until all the UEFA Cup games get played so they can do both draws on the same day

Unread 11-12-2008, 09:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

To be honest if we ever start playing up to our ability we'd beat any of them.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:33 AM
puressence

its lyon ..

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:42 AM
marlo

personally id have preffered a team from the winners bit.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Ginners

some very tough teams have finished 2nd, sporting are the only team i would be confident about, possibly lyon. inter/mourihno would do us, real and atletico are both dangerous on their night.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

If it's Lyon again I'm going to vomit.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:47 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
some very tough teams have finished 2nd, sporting are the only team i would be confident about, possibly lyon. inter/mourihno would do us, real and atletico are both dangerous on their night.
inter and real madrid will knock us out imo.

lyon could be tricky if we go a goal behind so basically sporting or athletico are the only ones we will beat.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:52 AM
keano's love

I am fairly confident against all the teams bar inter basically because of mourinho.

real are shite. have a shite defence and midfield. Huntelaar and higuain are the threat.
sporting are mediocre. as are lyon when up against decent sides. nullify benzema and lyon have nothing else to show for.
atletico are the same but they have few threats in the shape of simao, forlan and aguero.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:55 AM
El Calafate

so much for finishing top of the group.

nft.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:56 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
To be honest if we ever start playing up to our ability we'd beat any of them.
is true. we're in good shape imo, rolling along more or less as we did last season - in fact, more or less as we do most seasons. come the new year we'll kick on and finish the season strongly, unlike the scouse and scolari's nearly-men.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:57 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
inter and real madrid will knock us out imo.

lyon could be tricky if we go a goal behind so basically sporting or athletico are the only ones we will beat.
We may as well give our place up now tbh.

Unread 11-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
We may as well give our place up now tbh.
To be fair they have a point. Inter have been a force to reckon with over the last few seasons (liverpool last year for instance) and madrid are flying in 5th place with a manager who couldn't get spurs a win for all the diamonds in China.

Unread 11-12-2008, 11:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
To be fair they have a point. Inter have been a force to reckon with over the last few seasons (liverpool last year for instance) and madrid are flying in 5th place with a manager who couldn't get spurs a win for all the diamonds in China.

Unread 11-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Bunker Buster

Before heading off to Japan, we should just pull out........

Were basically £#%&!ed...

Unread 11-12-2008, 11:23 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Before heading off to Japan, we should just pull out........

Were basically £#%&!ed...
Agreed.

But I think we should pull out of Japan too, to avoid further embarrassment.
Imagine losing a game/conceding a goal when 80,000 people inside the stadium will all be filming it on their cameras?

Unread 11-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
I am fairly confident against all the teams bar inter basically because of mourinho.

real are shite. have a shite defence and midfield. Huntelaar and higuain are the threat.
sporting are mediocre. as are lyon when up against decent sides. nullify benzema and lyon have nothing else to show for.
atletico are the same but they have few threats in the shape of simao, forlan and aguero.
Surely Huntelaar will be cup tied - no?

Unread 11-12-2008, 11:24 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Surely Huntelaar will be cup tied - no?
nope. uefa has a rule that one player who has already played in uefa cup can still play in champions league for another team.

Unread 11-12-2008, 11:26 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
nope. uefa has a rule that one player who has already played in uefa cup can still play in champions league for another team.
especially if it's a non english team.

nft.

Unread 11-12-2008, 11:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
especially if it's a non english team.

nft.
Or Liverpool. In fact, wasn't the rule invented for Liverpool?
Closed Thread