United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default What's the point of Louis Saha?

He managed to get his porcelain arse on the pitch against Sunderland for long enough to score yet 2 weeks later after a complete break is still not fit enough to start? Pathetic.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:31 AM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He managed to get his porcelain arse on the pitch against Sunderland for long enough to score yet 2 weeks later after a complete break is still not fit enough to start? Pathetic.

Word is it's a mental thing, a bit like Trescothic. Not to be made fun at, the lad has serious issues. I've heard it from good authority that he has days when he feels he's not fit to be a pro at United. MOTWYW.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Whalefish

Erm I'd be balming Fergie here. He was fit enough to be part of the 16 and Fergie chose not to start him and instead play Giggs as the lone striker.

You'd think from players who were fit, and din't play, that the manager has both eyes on the Champions League this season. Surely some mistake.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:39 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Fergie picks the team, not Saha.

Are you only being 'half serious' again.

Do you honestly think that Fergie would allow Saha to dictate when he plays him?

Fergie picked the wrong line up to start with on Saturday. That's his fault and no one else's.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:39 AM
sharath

I hate Saha. But I pray to god that he is fit throughout the season. He will be our most important player this season. Not ronaldo/rooney/tevez/giggs/.....

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Fergie picks the team, not Saha.

Are you only being 'half serious' again.

Do you honestly think that Fergie would allow Saha to dictate when he plays him?

Fergie picked the wrong line up to start with on Saturday. That's his fault and no one else's.
I'm just asking what the point is? 2 weeks ago I said that this would be the situation for this game that yet again he wouldn't end up starting. I expect the same against Chelsea so hnestly what is the point?

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:46 AM
TheNew

Quote:
"errrrrrrmmmmmm....boss zer iz a proberlem, I iz not one hundred perzent fit!"

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:55 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I'm just asking what the point is? 2 weeks ago I said that this would be the situation for this game that yet again he wouldn't end up starting. I expect the same against Chelsea so hnestly what is the point?
I don't know. Maybe you should ask Fergie seeing as he is the one who picks the team.

Maybe he's just easing him back in. Fitness and match fitness are two entirely different things. Maybe he thought Tevez could do a better job. Maybe he was resting him for Wednesday.

I don't know and I'm not saying any of the reasons are the case or that I agree with them, but they're all possibilties and I don't see why you'd get on Saha's back (and you are because you called him 'pathetic') because Fergie picked the wrong team.

He may not be in the starting line up on Sunday. But hasn't Fergie already said that he sees Tevez and Rooney as the partnership up front?

I don't remember you asking what the point of Saha when we were assuming a Tevez/Rooney partnership.

We're all aware of this and we've discussed many times how we think it will work (or if it will work). Are you going to ask this question each time he doesn't start? Are you suggesting that he'll never start again?

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:21 AM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1
Word is it's a mental thing, a bit like Trescothic. Not to be made fun at, the lad has serious issues. I've heard it from good authority that he has days when he feels he's not fit to be a pro at United. MOTWYW.
He always feels fit enough to draw his huge wage though

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:22 AM
El Calafate

i think it's more to do with fergie, tbh. nft.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
I hate Saha. But I pray to god that he is fit throughout the season. He will be our most important player this season. Not ronaldo/rooney/tevez/giggs/.....
....I agree completely with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
He will be our most important player this season. Not ronaldo/rooney/tevez/giggs/.....
...disagree completely with that.

As for the thread in general. I £#%&!ing despise Saha and you have to take things as they are and at the minute and for the last 8 months there has been abssolutely no point to the shit house at all.

I want players to bust their %@#$&!s to play for United. A la Rooney, Robson, Keano...true footballers, true men.

Not £#%&!ing @#%&!.

If he was a race hourse he'd be gaggin' on a shotgun right now seconds before his stupid £#%&!ing head was blown to smithereens.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Barca '91

Oh and fergie picked a team.

We won 1-0.

3 points away from home. I dont believe Arsenal, Chelsea and The dippers will all secure 3 points at Goodison.

£#%&! off.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:43 AM
dunk

3 games in a week, Everton, Sporting Lisbon and the Chelsea.

Louis Saha has played 3 90 minute game this calendar year, if that many.

You really want his ability to hold the ball up and his pace available for as much of a tricky away tie in Portugal as possible, we have had trouble there on our last 3 visits, in fact he scored the only goal in last seasons match at Benfica.

On the Sunday you are playing your main challenders at home, a team with 2 big central defenders and not much pace. History shows that as a team we haven't managed many goals against this side, however Saha has scored against them and causes them problems, being big and strong enough to battle the centre halves and quick enough to get behind them, so you really want him on the pitch as long as possible.

Everton, well we win there almost every season, and despite their recent good form, you would expect almost any side you put out to get some sort of result. You have plenty of attacking threat at your disposal, without risking Lousi Sahs, who you are still easing back into the fray. So put him on the bench, give him 20 minutes towards the end, it'll help his fitness and he's there in case of emergency.

A calculated gamble that paid off.

It's not £#%&!ing rocket science.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
Oh and fergie picked a team.

We won 1-0.

3 points away from home. I dont believe Arsenal, Chelsea and The dippers will all secure 3 points at Goodison.

£#%&! off.
Is it me you want to £#%&! off? Bit ahrsh, I was only asking what the point is of a player who cannot play a game and a half in 2 weeks?

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:45 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Who says he isn't fit?

He's not Maradona, you know. Perhaps Fergie simply preferred other players for that particular game.

Or maybe he thinks it's best not to rush a player who had a knee operation over the summer.

Still, it's not like Fergie has any experience or could possibly know what he's doing, eh?

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Who says he isn't fit?

He's not Maradona, you know. Perhaps Fergie simply preferred other players.

Or maybe he thinks it's best not to rush a player who has had a knee operation over the summer.

Still, it's not like Fergie has any experience or could possibly know what he's doing, eh?
If Fergie preferred Giggs toa fit Saha up front then he's insane.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Torquemada

Given Ciddy's form at the moment and everyone else's inability to get results against Portsmouth, our start to the season doesn't actually look too bad. True, we look decidedly weak and lacking in options up-front, but with Ronnie and Rooney back I think there's cause for optimism that this might be resolved sooner rather than later.

The Saha situation is deeply puzzling though. The last time we had a player with this sort of problem was Alan Brazil, and he never sorted it out. Perhaps we would be better just cutting our losses with Saha and getting some value for him whilst he's still relatively young. We can't keep hanging on in the belief that he will suddenly sort his head out. It's almost as though he is willing himself to be injured so he doesn't have to play, and if that's the case we should get rid.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

dunk, love your optimism about Saha starting in midweek or Satdee.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Is it me you want to £#%&! off? Bit ahrsh, I was only asking what the point is of a player who cannot play a game and a half in 2 weeks?
Ha. Sorry Anth I didnt spell out my rant very well there did I, I wholeheartedly agree with you every time on this subject mate.

I meant £#%&! off to those blaming fergie for not picking him really. I completely blame Saha for being such a fanny.

You're spot on with this one IMHO.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
Ha. Sorry Anth I didnt spell out my rant very well there did I, I wholeheartedly agree with you every time on this subject mate.

I meant £#%&! off to those blaming fergie for not picking him really. I completely blame Saha for being such a fanny.

You're spot on with this one IMHO.

OK.
Closed Thread