United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:21 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
If Fergie preferred Giggs toa fit Saha up front then he's insane.
Well, it could be argued that preferring Giggs to anyone at the moment is a gamble, but I can see why he went for him on Saturday. Giggs is a far more versatile and adaptable player than Saha. He allows Fergie to change the shape during a game and will track back far more.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Well, it could be argued that preferring Giggs to anyone at the moment is a gamble, but I can see why he went for him on Saturday. Giggs is a far more versatile and adaptable player than Saha. He allows Fergie to change the shape during a game and will track back far more.
That isn't what we need up ffont though, we needed a target for the rest of the team to play off, which is summat Giggs cannot do. This is why we ended up back in a 4-6-0 formation, playing nice one touch football in front of Evertons back 4 without making any chances.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:25 AM
f_h

Quote:
He managed to get his porcelain arse on the pitch against Sunderland for long enough to score yet 2 weeks later after a complete break is still not fit enough to start? Pathetic.
whatever floats your boat

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_h
whatever floats your boat
Porcelain gravy boat? Posh £#%&!er.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
dunk, love your optimism about Saha starting in midweek or Satdee.
I would be willing to bet all my vcash that he does indeed start on Wednesday and Sunday.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:32 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
That isn't what we need up ffont though, we needed a target for the rest of the team to play off, which is summat Giggs cannot do. This is why we ended up back in a 4-6-0 formation, playing nice one touch football in front of Evertons back 4 without making any chances.
I don't think that's just about Saha. We didn't have him for the second half of last season but still played some great stuff and scored plenty of goals. For me, the problem, aside from being without Rooney, is still one of new players settling in and getting used to each other, and the team as a whole still not quite getting up and running.

No doubt Saha has a big role to play, but that has always been the case. I just think it's going a little overboard to suggest that we can't do the job without him and he simply must start.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I would be willing to bet all my vcash that he does indeed start on Wednesday and Sunday.
Really, that's exactly what I heard after the Sunderland game regarding Everton. I'll be amazed if he starts either.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:35 AM
dunk

Quote:
Really, that's exactly what I heard after the Sunderland game regarding Everton. I'll be amazed if he starts either.
I really didn't think he would start against everton for exactly the reasons I stated in my earlier post.

They are easing him back, he'll play 70 minutes on Wednesday, circumstances permitting and will be fresh for Sunday.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I don't think that's just about Saha. We didn't have him for the second half of last season but still played some great stuff and scored plenty of goals. For me, the problem, aside from being without Rooney, is still one of new players settling in and getting used to each other, and the team as a whole still not quite getting up and running.

Yes we didn't have Saha then, we did though have Rooney who can play as a centre forward.This season we've had no-one capable of playing it and yet in a circumstance after 30 minutes against Sunderland and then a 2 week recovery period, Saha still isn't playing. There is summat deeply wrong in this.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

They are easing him back, he'll play 70 minutes on Wednesday, circumstances permitting and will be fresh for Sunday.
Again, love your optimism.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:38 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yes we didn't have Saha then, we did though have Rooney who can play as a centre forward.This season we've had no-one capable of playing it and yet in a circumstance after 30 minutes against Sunderland and then a 2 week recovery period, Saha still isn't playing. There is summat deeply wrong in this.
We have Tevez. But, like I say, he's still finding his feet. When he's up and running I think he'll keep Saha out of the side.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:39 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
As far as Saha goes, I think Fergie has the Chelsea game in the forefront of his mind - we won't get anything out of that match without him imo.

So with that in mind I'll hold my opinion on Saha's situation until after next weekend - put it this way, if there's no sign of Saha during the next two matches, I'm inclined to think the same bedders.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
We have Tevez. But, like I say, he's still finding his feet. When he's up and running I think he'll keep Saha out of the side.
From what I've seen so far, Tevez aint gonna play up front for United, he naturally drops deep or goes out wide. He does it well too but a traget he isn't. Rooney may do this when fit but in our current situation, it'ds unbelivable given the time he's had that Saha couldn't play and Giggs had to try and fail to do his job.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:33 AM
dodger

Quote:
a 4-6-0 formation,
Have you paid me copyright for this?

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:35 AM
dodger

Quote:
No way, he is anything but a centre forward.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Why don't we just play all 4

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Why don't we just play all 4
because Saha won't be fit.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Have you paid me copyright for this?
No.

Unread 17-09-2007, 02:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
No way, he is anything but a centre forward.
Depends what you mean, but he has a long history of being the focal point of the attack for teams he has played for.

So there's no reason to think he can't do it for us.

Unread 17-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Alan

Quote:
Depends what you mean, but he has a long history of being the focal point of the attack for teams he has played for.

So there's no reason to think he can't do it for us.
There are plenty of reasons though.

Rooney, Ronaldo, Scholes are the focal points of United's attack.

Saha had a good run in the side last season early on until Larsson arrived and he was dropped. After that point he appeared to get injured which to me suggests he needs to be played regularly to maintain his fitness, not £#%&!ed about with on #@&%!ed tactical £#%&!wittery whims
Closed Thread