United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:34 PM
Pop

I don't support our shower of useless, useless @#%&!s.

Often get called a "£#%&!ing Brit" for it.

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:34 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
You're not wrong for 'not supporting England'. You're wrong for being a dick about it, and even more wrong by somehow convincing yourself that you're the victim. Stop being a dick.
this.

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:37 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
of course they do
Had a chat with 2 blokes in Sicily last year....they explained that the south are seen as peasants compared to the so called metropolitan north.....the national team are dominated by players from northern teams, hence a lukewarm/hostile attitude to them from Naples down

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:49 PM
Pop

Nugget from Oliver Holt's post-match analysis.

Quote:
In the past, our most important players have lost their discipline. Red cards for David Beckham in 1998 and Wayne Rooney in 2006 contributed heavily to England’s elimination from those tournaments. There is about as much chance of Kane stamping on someone as there is of Gareth Southgate poking a rival manager in the eye.
Always Utd, £#%&!ing always Utd. Even when they win!

Unread 04-07-2018, 12:01 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
i wonder do other countries have the same overly earnest non-supporters explaining to anyone who will listen why they don't support.
In Russia it’s not tipical. Of course always you can find some “non-supporters” . But they just tired to believe and tired to watch how team is loosing. But in general everybody support national team. Doesn’t matter who club supporter are you-Spartak, CSKa or Dinamo. It doesn’t matter-it’s your national team

Unread 04-07-2018, 12:57 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Why the £#%&! do people get upset about it though?

I find some of the reactions incredibly strange. Someone finds out you’re not backing Gareth’s brave lads, and it’s like you’ve killed their entire family.

England fans are @#%&!s, and support a team that is, by and large, packed with @#%&!s. I find it impossible to want them to succeed; it’s almost on a par with wanting Liverpool not to succeed.
must be weird that

Unread 04-07-2018, 01:12 AM
Pepe le Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Nugget from Oliver Holt's post-match analysis.

Quote:
Quote:

In the past, our most important players have lost their discipline. Red cards for David Beckham in 1998 and Wayne Rooney in 2006 contributed heavily to England’s elimination from those tournaments. There is about as much chance of Kane stamping on someone as there is of Gareth Southgate poking a rival manager in the eye.
Always Utd, £#%&!ing always Utd. Even when they win!
Even when it's not their fault. Remind me again who's fault it was that Sol Campbell's Golden Goal got disallowed.

Unread 04-07-2018, 05:55 AM
believe

Maybe they’ll let you back on the whatsapp groups if you tell them about your obsession with strangers on the internet and how you call them nasty names.

Unread 04-07-2018, 06:35 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Been ambivalent about England since ‘98 tbh. Did enjoy that win last night though

Unread 04-07-2018, 06:55 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Been ambivalent about England since ‘98 tbh. Did enjoy that win last night though
I think unless you’re a stoke fan, or something similar, England are always going to be meh in terms of the support but how you can’t enjoy things like last night and just appreciate that is beyond me. I can’t wait for Saturday now but if they get beat Sunday will just be another day.

Unread 04-07-2018, 06:59 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think unless you’re a stoke fan, or something similar, England are always going to be meh in terms of the support but how you can’t enjoy things like last night and just appreciate that is beyond me. I can’t wait for Saturday now but if they get beat Sunday will just be another day.
No coincidence then that the thawing of attitude towards England on here coincides with the transformation of our playing style into that of Stoke

Unread 04-07-2018, 07:26 AM
Mr_Ed

I generally want them to win but don’t buy into a the hysteria..

So far we’ve beaten Tunisia, Panama, lost to Belgium and drawn with Colombia - hardly earth shattering results.

I also hate the fact that Bob down the road and women in general can’t stand football but suddenly fill my Facebook timeline with how excited they are. £#%&! off!

Unread 04-07-2018, 07:40 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
No, I watched it at my mate’s and I genuinely wasn’t fussed outside our players doing well and not becoming the victim of national hatred. Is just like watching any international team featuring United players.
Pretty much don’t care. Tried to generate some enthusiasm as my kids have been getting into it, but just isn’t there.

Enjoyed the shoot out and glad England won as I didn’t want the dreary Colombians going through, but wasn't exactly jumping off the sofa (train seat actually) when England won.

Really wanted Henderson to miss that penalty though

Unread 04-07-2018, 07:42 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Italy

People in the south generally don’t support the azuri
Also in Northern Ireland . They generally don’t support the south

Unread 04-07-2018, 07:50 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
A sizeable minority do

Unread 04-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
not sure if serious. those who don't support the south, support the north.

or they're not arsed.

i say good for people like neo, Pop etc. for choosing not to follow the state's national side if they don't want to.

Unread 04-07-2018, 07:52 AM
andyroo

Quote:
many do in fact

Unread 04-07-2018, 07:52 AM
flixton

If you are English you should support England. End of. If you are Welsh you support Wales. It's not hard to understand. Supporting England does not mean you like each individual player or you like the govt.

Not supporting your country means you are a bit of a try hard dick tbh.

Unread 04-07-2018, 07:53 AM
silv

Everyone seems to know the score

Unread 04-07-2018, 08:08 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
If you are English you should support England. End of. If you are Welsh you support Wales. It's not hard to understand. Supporting England does not mean you like each individual player or you like the govt.

Not supporting your country means you are a bit of a try hard dick tbh.
That sounds like blind patriotism
Closed Thread