United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-07-2018, 07:39 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
McGuire looks like a sex offender but he's decent with the ball tbf. Better than Stones in bringing the ball out which is made all the more palpable since Stones is the media's heir to Bobby Moore.
No he doesn't as someone observed on Twitter after the first game 'he runs with the ball like an overconfident Hollyoaks actor during Socceraid', genuinely baffles me that Southgate made such a thing about dropping Smalling because we were going to play out of defence and then picked the biggest galoot old style defender out of all the current young English defenders. He's a decent English carthorse centre half, he's nowhere near Stones, and not fit to lace Pallister's boots

But he does have the advantage of not being Chris Smalling or Phil Jones which is always enough to mark a defender for greatness for some on here.

Unread 04-07-2018, 07:56 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He’s a cross between Bruce and pallister. We should be signing him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
No he doesn't as someone observed on Twitter after the first game 'he runs with the ball like an overconfident Hollyoaks actor during Socceraid', genuinely baffles me that Southgate made such a thing about dropping Smalling because we were going to play out of defence and then picked the biggest galoot old style defender out of all the current young English defenders. He's a decent English carthorse centre half, he's nowhere near Stones, and not fit to lace Pallister's boots

But he does have the advantage of not being Chris Smalling or Phil Jones which is always enough to mark a defender for greatness for some on here.

I like him, have done since the Hull games in the semi's of the league cup in '17. Not sure I like him enough to play for United. Thought he was really good last night, and has been in this WC in general, despite giving the ball away horribly a few times early on, he's not let it affect him and has defended solidly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Was never a pen

Unread 04-07-2018, 08:32 AM
thatsfuctit

Unread 04-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Jethro

So that's England's once in a lifetime World Cup get out of jail free card used. Southgate needs to grow a set of %@#$&!s and drop Alli and Sterling. Both utter £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 04-07-2018, 08:54 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
So that's England's once in a lifetime World Cup get out of jail free card used. Southgate needs to grow a set of %@#$&!s and drop Alli and Sterling. Both utter £#%&!ing shite.
We were crying out for someone direct like Loftus Cheek who could barge through them

Surely Sterling won’t play the next game

Unread 04-07-2018, 09:13 AM
TheFatGoth

Not a pen

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/aqpvyp

Unread 04-07-2018, 09:17 AM
holebottom

Do you know where I can get an England flag from Goth?

Unread 04-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
We were crying out for someone direct like Loftus Cheek who could barge through them

Surely Sterling won’t play the next game
I was wondering why we had Harry Kane picking up the ball 40 yards from his own goal whilst Sterling was stood up front doing sweet FA. You sort of want them the other way around, surely?

Unread 04-07-2018, 09:23 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I was wondering why we had Harry Kane picking up the ball 40 yards from his own goal whilst Sterling was stood up front doing sweet FA. You sort of want them the other way around, surely?
Kane grafted his %@#$&!s off last night due to the crapness of a few players. Not Lingards best game either but he was at least making an effort. Sterling just ran into players and tried to win free kicks.

Also, is Trippier meant to be good at free kicks or something? Utter £#%&!.

Lot to sort out before Saturday.

Unread 04-07-2018, 09:27 AM
andyroo

I thought Kane was your best player by miles. You didn't play that well, the subs were dreadful and you invited the equaliser, but he did everything asked of him and more.

Unread 04-07-2018, 09:33 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
he's been on form tbf

Sterling was utterly shocking. nothing he was doing came off, aside from a back heel to young. Alli was also shit but obviously not close to being fit. £#%&! them off for rashers and cheek against sweden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I thought Kane was your best player by miles. You didn't play that well, the subs were dreadful and you invited the equaliser, but he did everything asked of him and more.
agreed. phenomenal player.

Could work in a 2 with Lukakkers

Unread 04-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
he's been on form tbf

Sterling was utterly shocking. nothing he was doing came off, aside from a back heel to young. Alli was also shit but obviously not close to being fit. £#%&! them off for rashers and cheek against sweden.

agreed. phenomenal player.

Could work in a 2 with Lukakkers

One season wonder....

Unread 04-07-2018, 09:36 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
One season wonder....

(wait, did I say that....?)

throw £250m at levy ffs

Unread 04-07-2018, 10:59 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
trippier's fringe
Terrible

At least Ribery has an excuse

Unread 04-07-2018, 11:06 AM
windy waffles

Shit fringe or not, he is a quality wing back.

Bring him home!

Unread 04-07-2018, 11:08 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Not happy

£#%&! knows how bad I will feel if by some fluke they won it
You're English and have been happy to take the crown's shilling for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Was going wide anyway and gave away the corner they scored from #grimson
Closed Thread