United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2017, 10:09 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Very. Kroos is about the only one i can think of.
Swap for De Gea.

They're stupid enough to do it too.

Ooh, something shiny!! ....

Unread 31-05-2017, 10:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
So we sign Matic because Chelsea are looking to sign Bakayoko because Monaco signed Tielemans,

Unread 31-05-2017, 10:41 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Generally how transfers work
What we sign a player a club that finished 24 points ahead of us last year doesn't want any more because they're buying better younger players?

Unread 31-05-2017, 10:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
So we sign Matic because Chelsea are looking to sign Bakayoko because Monaco signed Tielemans,

Looks that way. Don't want Matic at all tbh. Find him very one paced. He's a good player but he's not what we need.

Unread 31-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Looks that way. Don't want Matic at all tbh. Find him very one paced. He's a good player but he's not what we need.
same - not even slightly enthused.

Unread 31-05-2017, 11:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Very. Kroos is about the only one i can think of.

Unread 31-05-2017, 11:41 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Name some players you'd be after pol.veratteh aside.

FYI you better do it as im going to be £#%&!ing relentless in asking you until you do. Come on, get it done...

Unread 01-06-2017, 12:04 AM
Tiberian

Matic and Perisic, yeah Mourinho is in charge.

I did complain about the club and the panicky statement signings pre Mou. These are more grounded targets who will come in and do a solid job, probably what we need, domestically at least.

Not very sexy though.

Unread 01-06-2017, 12:32 AM
Crumps

Yeah buying a player who our manager knows who's already proven In this country is stupid. We can't afford one of our key signings not hitting the ground running.

Unread 01-06-2017, 01:04 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Name some players you'd be after pol.veratteh aside.

FYI you better do it as im going to be £#%&!ing relentless in asking you until you do. Come on, get it done...
It's difficult. I get the Matic link because he is experienced, but he's not the type of midfielder I like to see.

Given that we aren't likely to be able to get a Kroos, Verratti or Koke, I guess we have to try and get the next one before they explode. But tbh I dunno who, probably Wiegl from Dortmund, or take a punt on Goretzka from Schalke or Tolisso from Lyon.

As for the older heads, Pepe and/or Thiago Silva would make sense. Could do with some experience and know-how in midfield, but tbh other than maybe Mascherano if they're selling, I dunno. If I wasn't fairly sure his legs had gone, I'd have a cheeky ask about Cesc

Unread 01-06-2017, 01:06 AM
utd99

Quote:
It's difficult. I get the Matic link because he is experienced, but he's not the type of midfielder I like to see.

Given that we aren't likely to be able to get a Kroos, Verratti or Koke, I guess we have to try and get the next one before they explode. But tbh I dunno who, probably Wiegl from Dortmund, or take a punt on Goretzka from Schalke or Tolisso from Lyon.

As for the older heads, Pepe and/or Thiago Silva would make sense. Could do with some experience and know-how in midfield, but tbh other than maybe Mascherano if they're selling, I dunno. If I wasn't fairly sure his legs had gone, I'd have a cheeky ask about Cesc
I think a simple 'no comment' would have been better tbh.

Unread 01-06-2017, 01:10 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I think a simple 'no comment' would have been better tbh.
Parters and I go way back, pal. Bloody years. Wouldn't dream of it.

Obviously I don't really know who the £#%&! to sign. It's much easier to just sneer at other suggestions/links imo.

Unread 01-06-2017, 01:47 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Never realised how much he looked like a lesbian until that gif.

Quote:
I'd have a cheeky ask about Cesc
He just seems too non United now with all his time at Arsenal and Chelsea, I really dont want us to start going down that road.

Unread 01-06-2017, 01:48 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Yep, all great suggestions. Particularly Weigl. I'd love Goretzka but he's off to Bayern. I agree that we need Fabinho plus someone more creative who can put their foot on the ball and make things happen. £#%&!ing Matic is not that person. Not my type of midfield player at all really.

Quote:
Parters and I go way back, pal. Bloody years. Wouldn't dream of it.

Obviously I don't really know who the £#%&! to sign. It's much easier to just sneer at other suggestions/links imo.
Totally. Can't wait to get stuck into some of the "Mou-style" donkeys we sign.

Unread 01-06-2017, 02:35 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Never realised how much he looked like a lesbian until that gif.

He just seems too non United now with all his time at Arsenal and Chelsea, I really dont want us to start going down that road.
Kind agree, it's just he's always been a low-key favourite of mine. Brilliant footballer. He's one I sometimes wonder if LvG had managed to land him from Barca in 2014 what a difference he'd have made to the playing transition

But again, I think his legs have gone now anyway.

Quote:
Yep, all great suggestions. Particularly Weigl. I'd love Goretzka but he's off to Bayern. I agree that we need Fabinho plus someone more creative who can put their foot on the ball and make things happen. £#%&!ing Matic is not that person. Not my type of midfield player at all really.

Totally. Can't wait to get stuck into some of the "Mou-style" donkeys we sign.
Does seem that way. A few denials but usually when that smoke shows up they're in Bayern before long.

I reckon Guardiola will go for Weigl.

Unread 01-06-2017, 02:39 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Kind agree, it's just he's always been a low-key favourite of mine. Brilliant footballer. He's one I sometimes wonder if LvG had managed to land him from Barca in 2014 what a difference he'd have made to the playing transition

But again, I think his legs have gone now anyway.
You, unless you're a natural athlete too much football too young leaves you £#%&!ed like the pisspots of the 70's & 80's who's careers were done for 30.

Unread 01-06-2017, 02:42 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
You, unless you're a natural athlete too much football too young leaves you £#%&!ed like the pisspots of the 70's & 80's who's careers were done for 30.
Yep. Aguero perhaps one who's managed to sustain it, albeit with injury issues. Was playing for Independiente when he just turned 15

Unread 01-06-2017, 03:19 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Yep. Aguero perhaps one who's managed to sustain it, albeit with injury issues. Was playing for Independiente when he just turned 15
Wear and tear on a still growing body is no good

Unread 01-06-2017, 06:58 PM
red in cumbria

"Monged it"

Unread 01-06-2017, 11:11 PM
saffers

More than welcome. World class beast.
Closed Thread