United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:10 PM
El Calafate

Default Carrick

absolute £#%&!ing garbage today. he and scholes need to buck their ideas up. fulham were mugged. nft.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
absolute £#%&!ing garbage today. he and scholes need to buck their ideas up. fulham were mugged. nft.
you need to shut the £#%&! up.

nft!

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:14 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward #@&%!hands
you need to shut the £#%&! up.

nft!
oh, get you! nft.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Ed Sullivan

Talking

Quote:
oh, get you! nft.
I was hoping you would bite and act the mardy @#%&!

nft.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:17 PM
MUFC One Love

Scholes was as bad if not worse.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
True, games like that Carrick needs to show up and prove that he belongs at Utd, Scholes struggling and Carrick disappears, subbed after an hour.

Plays well when things are going for him and the team are playing well, but when the pressure is on and he needs to be a leader you rarely see him. Been the truth throughout his career and why it has taken him so long to get to a big club. People talk about potential with him, he is 26/26 needs to start proving himself.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:21 PM
MUFC One Love

Tiberian, that's %@#$&!s. Everyone was shite today except Ronnie.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:21 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
El, do you end telephone conversations with 'NFS'?

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
True, games like that Carrick needs to show up and prove that he belongs at Utd, Scholes struggling and Carrick disappears, subbed after an hour.

Plays well when things are going for him and the team are playing well, but when the pressure is on and he needs to be a leader you rarely see him. Been the truth throughout his career and why it has taken him so long to get to a big club. People talk about potential with him, he is 26/26 needs to start proving himself.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_Tier2
the amount of games carrick has played well in this season i could count on one hand

Like £#%&! you can.

It's the other way round.

You really are deluded sometimes.

It's ironic that you are actually the one with too many agendas.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

Maybe, but if Scholes is not playing well and holding his hand you rarely see Carrick look to take control. Not just based on today.

You can talk about all the good positional play and mopping up off the ball, but he hides when things go against him, and as i said it has been typical of him throughout his career.

He has done a good job this season, he and Scholes have linked up well, but If we go into a big game without Scholes I would not expect Carrick to shine.

Maybe I am too harsh on him though, but as well as he has done i would still have questions about him.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Dunno about that. Ronnie was shite for large periods too. His stopping and moaning after not getting a free-kick at one point nearly cost us a goal. Giggs and Rooney looked threatening in the first half, but didn't show up for the 2nd. VDS was the only player who had a good game really.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Maybe, but if Scholes is not playing well and holding his hand you rarely see Carrick look to take control. Not just based on today.

You can talk about all the good positional play and mopping up off the ball, but he hides when things go against him, and as i said it has been typical of him throughout his career.
He has done a good job this season, he and Scholes have linked up well, but If we go into a big game without Scholes I would not expect Carrick to shine.

Maybe I am too harsh on him though, but as well as he has done i would still have questions about him.

What, like when he was at Spurs and playing with some of the shite around him there?

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
What, like when he was at Spurs and playing with some of the shite around him there?
Spurs, good home team, shite away, suited to Carrick, can play well at home when things are going for him, but in tight away games you get less from him.

There is a reason why when West Ham were relegated, all the other young players were snapped up and Carrick stayed to play a season in the Championship. Managers were not convinced that he had the mental toughness, no denying his talent though.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Whalefish

It's worth remembering Scholes and Carrick have played the whole season without much of a break so Tibs may have a point re fatigue. We wanted to sign two midfielders last August and only got one. I'm not arsed about the lads fee - got £#%&! all to do with me - but the midfield partnership was never intended to be Carrick and Scholes week in, week out.

If you give me the midfield options of Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves and Gibson next season I'll be very happy.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
If you give me the midfield options of Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves and Gibson next season I'll be very happy.
Can not argue with that, options and a different balance to our midfield group.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
hes been no existent most the time u clown
Absolute %@#$&!s. Scholes has spoken quite highly about Carrick and he's been surprised how well he's setlled in and allowed him to step up his own game.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Spurs, good home team, shite away, suited to Carrick, can play well at home when things are going for him, but in tight away games you get less from him.

There is a reason why when West Ham were relegated, all the other young players were snapped up and Carrick stayed to play a season in the Championship. Managers were not convinced that he had the mental toughness, no denying his talent though.

He did alright against Chelsea and Arsenal did he not?

And don't give me that %@#$&!s about how we only got 1 point like you did the other day, I thought you of all people would be knowledgable enough not to resort to an argument like that.

He is obviously tired, it was evident in Lille. Isn't that to be expected though?

It is his first season at a big club and he is playing in a system and at a tempo that he is not wholly familiar with. This happens to every new palyer in their first season at a new club.

Hopefully he will be rested against Reading so he fresh for the vermin.

Unread 24-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
hes been no existent most the time u clown

To you maybe.

But that is only because your football knowledge is too limited to appreciate what he does.
Closed Thread