United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2017, 04:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet FA
So far so good ,but i remember 1 season early 80's we won 1st 10 games , and all the headlines made us champions before the end of october , don't think we finished in the top 3 . pretty confident we will get a champions league place at the end of this campaign , we might even have a few ribbons to go with it ,keep the faith my friends.
1985/86, we indeed finished 4th. Horrendous injury curse in the second half of that campaign, though

Unread 28-08-2017, 11:31 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I still think City will take some stopping when and if they hit their stride later in the season. They're a bit of a mess at the moment because they're bedding in so many new faces. I am worried that they seem to have a nack of scabbing results now tbh.

I reckon they're going to give Liverpool a walloping on sept 9th
Their record against the Scousers is dogshit as of late. They've been battered a few times.

Unread 29-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Their record against the Scousers is dogshit as of late. They've been battered a few times.
Wouldn't even mind the rats winning. They'll burn out again, especially with European matches to deal with. Berts our main threat. Seeing us top will galvanise them.

Unread 29-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Wouldn't even mind the rats winning. They'll burn out again, especially with European matches to deal with. Berts our main threat. Seeing us top will galvanise them.
Not convinced the bulk of their squad get the rivalry. They probably feel a bit like us about it.........

Unread 29-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not convinced the bulk of their squad get the rivalry. They probably feel a bit like us about it.........
You'd think so but Ive thought that in the recent past but they do usually pick their game up, even from current mediocre form.

Broadening that out, though, considering the talent there, they do often appear to not give a shit.

Unread 29-08-2017, 10:43 AM
wufta

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
that's surprising.

Stoke away next. Should do them 3 nil.
Predicting injury. Stoke will not bend over; they'll be nails.

Unread 29-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Drug addled @#%&! has completely missed the point. Toughest league doesn't necessarily mean it has the best teams. It means there's a bunch of clubs all about the same standard that can take points off each other. Also there's a 'cup final' mentality here where the shitter teams can raise their game against the top 6 and get a result in a way which doesn't happen in Europe. They just lie down and take s beating. Thought this £#%&!er was meant to be clever?

Unread 29-08-2017, 04:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by wufta
Predicting injury. Stoke will not bend over; they'll be nails.
I suppose must be due one soon.
Closed Thread