United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2017, 12:13 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Didn't want him, thought he was in decline but he has been extremely impressive in this start to his Utd career. Will be delighted to be proven wrong. Same with Lukaku.
Same here. I was completely underwhelmed over his signing, and disappointed we didn't get Fabinho. So far though he's looked brilliant, comfortably our best player.
It's amazing the difference one player makes to the balance of a team. He'll lift Pogba up to the level we hoped he be at, which in turn will benefit our forwards.
I know it was only one game, but the manner in which we played, and the positions our players were in, is just so much more positive than last season.

Unread 14-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
not going to look back but did anyone say anything like he's a beast and chelsea would be mad to sell him to us?

if they did they were spot on

Cheers pal

Unread 14-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Didn't want him, thought he was in decline but he has been extremely impressive in this start to his Utd career. Will be delighted to be proven wrong.
Same, pleased with how he took initiative going forward too yesterday.

At the same time I hope our scouts are identifying a longer term option to bring in.

Unread 14-08-2017, 01:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Big man is Tibs.

Happy to admit when he's wrong and doesn't allow his preconceptions to cloud his judgement.

Could other forumistas take a leaf out of his book ?

Not really for me to say.
Uh oh... sounds like a few dogmatic forumista's are close to being named and shamed here.

Continue please William.

Unread 14-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Fish

His decision making was phenomenal, when to close and when to stay. Surely he cant be like that all the time he was extraordinary.

Unread 14-08-2017, 01:50 PM
MagnificentSeven

i always thought he was a good player for chelsea, but i didn't realise he was that good.

when we were first linked with him, i said i'd rather have fabinho or rabiot instead. more than happy for those ships to have sailed now.

Unread 14-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Sapien

Immaculate

Unread 14-08-2017, 02:01 PM
75Red

I believe I said 'meh' when we signed him.
I take it back

Unread 14-08-2017, 02:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Good to see him, Poggers and Mikki all linking really well together.

Unread 14-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Watching that I am surprised anew how nimble he can be. Some impressive moments of skill turning and out manouvering players. Does not really fit with the perception of him I had, as a lumbering static type. Could be the Mou factor, could be better conditioning, more likely I was not paying enough attention.

Utd should not need an extra midfielder in the majority of the games if Pogba and Matic can keep this up. Mhkitaryan was a beneficiary, always looks better when he has the likes of Mata around to play off rather than a Fellaini.

Unread 14-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Switching Off

More assists than any of our midfielders last season I believe

Unread 14-08-2017, 09:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
More assists than any of our midfielders last season I believe
Read a stat that Mikki had one league assist all season last year...

Two in one game yesterday
Closed Thread