United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2014, 10:41 AM
jem

hindsight, eh?

where the £#%&! were they when it mattered?

Unread 28-08-2014, 10:43 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hindsight, eh?

where the £#%&! were they when it mattered?
Scared to £#%&!ing death of him and what he might say to them if they said the wrong thing. They've waited years for their opportunities and I imagine a few players will too, one day.

Hopefully it will push ferguson to tell the truth be day too.

Unread 28-08-2014, 10:47 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Plus he didn't fit Ferguson's, at one time, all important personality profile.
Quite. Even before he signed there were enough stories that suggested he was a massive @#%&!. His attitude at United has been shocking by all accounts

The comparison with Pogba is telling. Five years earlier, confronted by an excellent youth team player who was convinced he was good enough to step up and willing to move club to prove it, Fergie would’ve recognised that was exactly the type of character needed to succeed and thrown him in. Compare the reluctance to play him with how Ronaldo walked into the side at 18 despite being so raw. Became very risk averse in his final years.

Unread 28-08-2014, 10:48 AM
forzagarza

We can only hope and pray that someone kicks Ferguson for real and causes serious vascular problems ensuring he lives the rest of his days in the misery he deserves.

Unread 28-08-2014, 10:51 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Neil Curtis has had a pop too.

It's like they've been told what to write.

Unread 28-08-2014, 10:52 AM
andyroo

Nah, it's herd mentality.

Unread 28-08-2014, 10:53 AM
signed dc

His/their biggest mistake was not getting Mourinho in as soon as he said he was off. There's always been dodgy signings, speculative punts, every club makes them, and clearly the midfield options have been piss poor for a while.

However, there's no reason why (with a few astute signings last summer), and a manager who generally knows how to motivate players and get the best out of them, they wouldn't have challenged for the title last season.

Unread 28-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
S

What do you think the 'truth' is?

More and more over the years I've become a little bit less critical of the glazers. It's hard to criticise the amount of money we have spent. Yes, we may have spent more under a PLC or another owner, but it's all if's and but's.

At the end of the day, aside from the odd obvious signing (RvP), we've bought absolute turds. I'm not going to stick the boot into Fergie though, because what he did for the club far outweighs any contribution he had towards the mess we're in now. The man wasn't perfect, obviously, but it's that stubborn personality that saw us accumulate a ridiculous number of trophies over the years.

As I said in the MKD thread, I can't really be arsed with the blame game these days or worrying about how and why we are in this mess. The only question is, is LVG the right man to get us out of it. I believe he is.

Unread 28-08-2014, 11:08 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Been on the Guinness pal?

Unread 28-08-2014, 11:21 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Been on the Guinness pal?
Too much sun I think.

Unread 28-08-2014, 11:25 AM
puressence

TBF THIS IS PROBABLY THE GREATEST THREAD ON FRED EVER ... SLAGGED ABUSED THE LOT BUT WHAT I SAID IS ALL COMING OUT ...

Unread 28-08-2014, 11:29 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
What do you think the 'truth' is?

More and more over the years I've become a little bit less critical of the glazers. It's hard to criticise the amount of money we have spent. Yes, we may have spent more under a PLC or another owner, but it's all if's and but's.

At the end of the day, aside from the odd obvious signing (RvP), we've bought absolute turds. I'm not going to stick the boot into Fergie though, because what he did for the club far outweighs any contribution he had towards the mess we're in now. The man wasn't perfect, obviously, but it's that stubborn personality that saw us accumulate a ridiculous number of trophies over the years.

As I said in the MKD thread, I can't really be arsed with the blame game these days or worrying about how and why we are in this mess. The only question is, is LVG the right man to get us out of it. I believe he is.

You make a good point, add Ramsey and bale, both we should have signed for low fees and don't £#%&! up pogba and it would be a very different storey.

Unread 28-08-2014, 11:38 AM
S/Side.Red

There's some truth in it tbf and the movement towards this strict value %@#$&!s was strange, but for me the struggle to develop talent is a bigger issue. People can write Nani off as a flop when he became one of the best players in the league or pretend Anderson wasn't an elite talent, but along with Jones and Welbeck those guys should have been nurtured better. Evans and Clevz to a lesser degree, also.

But Fergie still left a strong squad when he retired. It needed a couple of quality additions by Moyes - it got none - and now after several experienced players leaving it needed a few more. So no real surprise that we've been left needing five or six new players, tbh.

Unread 28-08-2014, 11:45 AM
koppas

The potential that Jones showed when he made his debut for Blackburn against Chelsea and where he is now is shameful and mainly down to Fergie tbh. Piss arse-ing around playing him in every position except his favourite has done him no favours whatsoever in his development - no wonder he is playing like a buffoon at CB as he has hardly played there for three years now.

Unread 28-08-2014, 11:45 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
There's some truth in it tbf and the movement towards this strict value %@#$&!s was strange, but for me the struggle to develop talent is a bigger issue. People can write Nani off as a flop when he became one of the best players in the league or pretend Anderson wasn't an elite talent, but along with Jones and Welbeck those guys should have been nurtured better. Evans and Clevz to a lesser degree, also.
Absolutely. It's been pretty frustrating watching just so many promising careers fizzling out.

Unread 28-08-2014, 11:55 AM
puressence

all this happens when you basically give mike phelan and rene free rein for 5 years and you sit back till match day .. did he earn that right some will say probably . but all that's been happening has been building up for time . and because the man is untouchable nobody says out .

Unread 28-08-2014, 12:05 PM
forzagarza

Well said pure. The truth about Fergis spending millions of pounds on homeless young men from abroad will soon come out anyway and he will get the vilifiation he deserves.

Unread 28-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Harri Jaffa

Fergie was buying a couple more real top quality players in his last couple of seasons from leaving a squad that would still be competing now. (arguments to say he should've gone out and bought a £#%&!ing brilliant midfielder or 2 after 2008 if he really wanted the ECL again...)

What people are forgetting is that he had all these shit players and still did well, thats why he was so utterly amazing an should be remembered as such. Because lesser mortals can't do as well as him with dross is testament to how good he was.

Unread 28-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
What people are forgetting is that he had all these shit players and still did well

Which he bought ffs

Unread 28-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Which he bought ffs
and was one goal away from winning 3 PLs on the trot...

freggles won't ever be remembered for being able to spot players.

He should be remembered for being a brilliant manager, man manager and tactician (cue, everyone whinging about tactics...)
Closed Thread