United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Marvel7

Considering we cannot just make wholesale changes and expecting things to run smooth I think the signings need to be to a minimum of needs. So a first choice CB, LB, DM, CM and a back up RB to actually challenge Rafael and be comfortable selecting if/when Rafael gets injured.

So thats 5 new players that are needed not just wanted. No Champions League means we can probably operate comfortably with a 22 man squad.

De Gea, Lindegaard

Rafael, Jones, New CB, New LB, New RB, Smalling, Evans, Buttner

New DM, Carrick

New CM, Mata, Cleverly, Kagawa

Nani, Van Persie, Rooney, J@&%!aj, Hernandez, Wellbeck

Would save a few to loan out and get one more look, need to be loaned to Prem sides though to really be able to make a call

Loan

Powell, Keane (M), Lingard, Henriquez

The rest out

Retire

Rio, Giggs

Sell/Release

Evra, Anderson, Fletcher, Fellaini, Valencia, Young, Zaha, Bebe, Mecheda

Adding Vidic to the list thats 12 players out the club and 5 in.

With Champions League back in 2015-2016 we can bolster the squad with the lads sent out on loan if they look good enough and by adding maybe 2 more proper signings.

And there you have it, the blue print for success.

And if you want names in place of the new signings

New CB - Hummels
New LB - Shaw
New DM - Clasie
New CM - Kroos
New RB - Sagna

Total cost about £110m, we might get maybe £20-30m for the players we sell, total outlay for the season £80-90m

Simples

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:33 PM
MJ Ramone

Fletcher, Young, Valencia, Macheda & Fellaini in particular have to go. Not good enough.

Evra, Giggs & Rio will all be off (possibly 1 of the 3 might stay on)

Nani & Anderson have been here too long without ever really pushing on.

Pea needs to go for the good of his career. Great lad & a fine finisher but will he get enough games??

Welbeck & Cleverley need to do so much more. They're both coasting.

Carrick seems to have gone a bit stale this season. Hopefully a top class addition or 2 to central midfield will rejuvenate him.

Buttner, Bebe, Powell, Zaha - all still relatively unknown quantities. No idea if any of them have a future at United.

So that's 15 players that we could get rid of without it particularly bothering me tbh

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:38 PM
rafabio

The biggest mistake last summer was not selling rooney. He is not needed especially if RVP stays. He is only going to get worse.

To make the same mistake again this summer would be... :shakehead:

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:38 PM
atticusgrinch

Clasie i could deal with. Hummels?

DDG

Rafael Jones Hummels Shaw

Clasie Vidal

Januzaj Mata Rooney

RVP

Lindegaard
Varela
Evra
Smalling
Evans
Ferdinand
Carrick
Cleverely
Nani
Kagawa
Hernandez
Welback

£100m

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:48 PM
plopborsky

remember the change in style will mean that whilst players maybe shit in todays shit @#%&!ery of tactics the 3-5-2 that lvg likes to play means other players will shine.

ddg

jones
smallers
new cb

shaw
carrick
new cm
no- 10 role mata
raffers

rooney
rvp

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
remember the change in style will mean that whilst players maybe shit in todays shit @#%&!ery of tactics the 3-5-2 that lvg likes to play means other players will shine.
We will play 4-3-3 under Van Gaal

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:52 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Diamondy?

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:52 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&! Zaha, forgot about him. Shit. End of.
was in the papers today. Said he never met Moyes' daughter, but pretty much suggested that the whole carry on damaged his relationship with the club and he didn't understand how or why

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
was in the papers today. Said he never met Moyes' daughter, but pretty much suggested that the whole carry on damaged his relationship with the club and he didn't understand how or why
I think the fact he's shite may have damaged his relationship with the club more than scurrilous rumours tbh

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:55 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Not Louis van Gaal. The Holland boss always employs the same system (an attacking 4-3-3 with clearly defined roles for each position) and that’s what his teams will play. No matter what.

Former Holland defender Ronald Koeman spoke about how he expects Van Gaal's side to line up at the World Cup with a 3-5-2 formation, which could provide a clue as to how United could play next season.

Speaking to NOS.nl, Koeman described how the system works: 'Three central defenders, your line is high, there are two midfielders who play for the defence, a real No 10 and two strikers up front.

'You can really put your full backs forward. They can play really deep. And there are always two strikers in front of the goal

'Moreover, you can play with a real No 10 and you always have three defenders. This can also be very important in Brazil.'

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:55 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
She was in Lloret the same time as I was a few weeks back was young Lauren- pretty fit tbf. Tried and failed to pull her.

Imagine the snapchats ffs..

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Who I want to be sold

Fellaini
Cleverly
Valencia
Nani
Young
Anderson

Who I think will actually be sold

Vidic
Macheda
Lindegaard
Zaha
Giggs and Rio retirement

Unread 12-05-2014, 02:00 PM
ericcantona

I just want Young gone more than anything. If anyone sums up the direction in which this club has been heading it's this @#%&!. Brought in to replace Giggs ffs mental

Unread 12-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky

ddg

jones
smallers
new cb

shaw
carrick
new cm
no- 10 role mata
raffers

rooney
rvp

If that happens it'll be disappointing Throb won't be on here to witness it.

Unread 12-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
I just want Young gone more than anything. If anyone sums up the direction in which this club has been heading it's this @#%&!. Brought in to replace Giggs ffs mental
I'd say the signing of Valencia to replace Ronaldo was the classic example of just how much the club 'fell off' post 2009.

Those who should be out the door imho are:

Young
Valencia
Nani
Anderson
Evans
Buttner
Macheda
Corsa
Cleverley
Hernandez
Varela

Unread 12-05-2014, 03:06 PM
ZiggyStardust

Rio, Vidic and Giggs all to leave on a free or retire

Evra or Buttner to be let go (hopefully Buttner if Evra is happy to play a backup role next season)

Players that simply have to be gotten rid of:
Anderson, Young, Valencia, Fletcher, Kiko, Bebe and Fellaini

Players who could be sold:
Nani - Van Gaal could be the making of him but the OT crowd have turned on him and it's probably for the best if he was sold

Cleverley - I still think he's a good player in the right setup and the way Van Gaal will hopefully get us playing next season will bring the best out of him
Worth a squad place

Kagawa - I would like him to stay as he could be a potentially great player for us but he needs to toughen up and find a role that suits him in the team
Let's see if Van Gaal can get the best out of him

Hernandez - Not my favourite player but he's scored some important goals for the club and always given his all but he needs to play regularly for another club now and isn't a good enough all round player for us so he should be sold

A big clear out but with young players coming back from loans and no European football next season we don't need that big a squad so only 4 or 5 top quality signings will be needed

Unread 12-05-2014, 03:08 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'd say the signing of Valencia to replace Ronaldo was the classic example of just how much the club 'fell off' post 2009.

Young
Valencia
Nani
Anderson
Evans
Buttner
Macheda
Corsa
Cleverley
Hernandez
Varela
Have you ever seen him play?

He's quality and should be backup right back for next season if he has a good pre-season

Hopefully yesterday was the last time we ever see Jones or Smalling at right back :shakehead:

Unread 12-05-2014, 03:09 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Young
Valencia
Nani
Anderson
Evans
Buttner
Macheda
Corsa
Cleverley
Hernandez
Varela
You love Fellaini.

Unread 12-05-2014, 03:19 PM
celtbion

I think RVP has to be close to using up his credit from last season.
He was either injury prone, not arsed playing for the manager or plain poorish most of the season. Whichever you choose, not a great guy to base next year's team around.

I've never liked Utd teams who were built around an out and out striker. Better.those where goals could come from all quarters, far harder to defend against.

Unread 12-05-2014, 03:23 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
I think RVP has to be close to using up his credit from last season.
He was either injury prone, not arsed playing for the manager or plain poorish most of the season. Whichever you choose, not a great guy to base next year's team around.
Closed Thread