United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:59 AM
believe

I've literally no idea what Cleverley has done to warrant a stay. By his own admission he can't tackle, pass or shoot, some of the more important qualities you look for in a midfielder.

An absolute dead rubber of a player imo and one who could be replace with someone with a larger skill set (Powell) quite easily.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:00 PM
dunk

Remember we're only likely to play 40-odd games next season. The squad needs to be much, much smaller.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:01 PM
ryanMUFC

I'd loan Powell out again, this time to a premiership team. He's still young and developing. Probably would have brought him back if we made the Europa.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:07 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Buttner
Anderson
Fletcher
Young
Fellaini
Vidic
Cleverley
Pea
Bebe
Macheda

Promote Powell and Lingard
Buy 4/5 players

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:09 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I've literally no idea what Cleverley has done to warrant a stay. By his own admission he can't tackle, pass or shoot, some of the more important qualities you look for in a midfielder.
That’s my feeling & I think he’s had enough opportunities to show his ‘quality’ over the last couple of seasons. However, he may improve under LvG so another year wouldn’t hurt. tbh, a good argument can be made for shipping out every midfielder at the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I'd loan Powell out again, this time to a premiership team.
If they can get him some decent game time, he’d be better off coming back and working with LvG, Scholes etc.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:16 PM
forwardirektion

Keep

DDG
Raf Evans Jones Smalling
Carrick
Van Persie
Anyone 23 and under

Kill the rest

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

clevs should be one of the first out. He's not even good enough for arsenal.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:18 PM
puressence

Fletcher will be getting. Released

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Keep Zaha.

Is he dead btw?

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:20 PM
believe

Zaha He's like a black, more shit version of Lee Trundle.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:21 PM
atticusgrinch

I'd get rid of Young, Fellaini, Cleverely, Valencia, Fletcher and Bebe.

All £#%&!ing useless.

I'd keep Big Ando for the lolz and Evra and Ferdinand if possible for experience and continuity.

We don't need forwards we've got plenty. Unless LVGers particularly wants someone he needs to concentrate on sorting out that abomination of a midfield imo.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Scabs

Young
Anderson
Sideshow Bob
Valencia
Linda... all utter shite

Nani
The Brand
Bebe
Macheda... don't like the cut of their jib

Keep Pea, even as a mascot. Love that little £#%&!er.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:38 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
Nani
The Brand
Bebe
Macheda... don't like the cut of their jib
Bebe was slinging crack to help make ends meet when United signed him. No WUM

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:51 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Buttner
Anderson
Fletcher
Young
Fellaini
Carrick
Powell
Kagawa

Pea

Off the top of my head.
Stay off the football threads pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
New to that prized #@&%!?

Agree with most suggestions so far tbh. Fellaini, Cleverley, Young, Valencia, Ando are 5 that should definitely be £#%&!ed off. Possibles include Fletch (), Pea- again sad to see him go but he deserves to play more, and Buttner should go if we get Shaw and Evra stays.

Zaha and Powell should come back in and be given a chance under big Louis. Won't be anyone not playing Zaha due to him slipping his daughter a length either. Hopefully he gets his attitude sorted, if not- £#%&! him off in Jan. Powell has been playing well at Wigan, way too soon to get rid of him.

6/7 £#%&!ed off and 4/5 of the required standard brought in and we'll be up there again next year with the players actually wanting to play for the manager and buy into his ideas rather than not being arsed/wanting to play long £#%&!ing ball all the time.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:56 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Stay off the football threads pal.

soz pal, can you pm me a list of opinions I can use for the summer

ps no idea why I typed Powell, it should have said Cleverley.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

no more mr. nice draggers.

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Baron

Retiring:

Giggs & Rio. Giggs to the coaching staff, probably assistant manager & Rio's body isn't up to it. It was shot last summer & it will only be worse. Unless we are going to play some kind of Barcelona 2009-esque possession game where the oppo don't get the ball, we'll be exposed if he played. Give his wages to someone who's going to play every week, losing him & Vidic means we need a single world class replacement & one of the others to step up (my money would be on Smalling, think he looks a class act at CB in stark contrast to his shit @#%&!ery at right back. Rio would also look shit at RB though.)

Sell:

Cleverley. He's shit.
Fellaini. He's really shit.
Anderson. He's also really shit.
Young. I actually hate him.
Macheda. How is he still here ffs?
Bebe.
Zaha. Is shit, will always be shit. Sell to whoever has parachute payments in the Championship. Fulham or Norwich seem about right.
Buttner. He's also shit.

& as with last summer, anyone willing to spend£35m+ on Rooney can have him so long as we get say a Cavani type quality replacement.

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:00 PM
dragflick

Quote:
ps no idea why I typed Powell, it should have said Cleverley.
Let you off a bit then.

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:16 PM
shenwen

Don't understand the sympathy for the brand. Don't think it matters what manager we have, he will never make the level needed. He is too slow - both physically and in terms of speed of thought. For his own good, as well as ours, he needs to move on.

As for the rest, usual suspects although I don't hold out too much hope. Some of these @#%&!s are like tenured academics - just can't get rid. I mean, Anderson, Bebe and Macheda ffs.

Would like to see Powell and Zaha at least given a chance.

Unread 12-05-2014, 01:17 PM
dunk

£#%&! Zaha, forgot about him. Shit. End of.
Closed Thread