United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:41 AM
The Watcher

Football Summer Clear Out

Long overdue. Plenty of shite in the squad. Which clowns would you give the boot as United prepare for an all out assault on the League next season?

Vidic & Rio are out. Evra will probably follow Fellaini must be sold. Don’t care what sort of hit the club takes, he must be removed. Young, Anderson and Fletcher are all finished at the club. Get rid.

Not particularly arsed if The Brand, Welbeck, Nani and Valencia were moved on, but they deserve a crack under the new manager. Could make an argument for one of Mata/Kagawa being sold too imo. Hope not.

One of the strikers probably needs to make way. Pea most likely. Great player imo, but deserves to go somewhere he’ll play every week.

Eight out and four or five quality players in. Would be tremendous.

p.s. this is not just another sage/football £#%&!ers thread btw. Interested in what normal humans think too.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:43 AM
dunk

All true, fear Nani is done though tbh. Faillaini won't be going anywhere

I'd be tempted to sell/release Fletch tbh, let him go and get a last payout and play regularly to make up for the lost years.

I honestly think we need 5 or 6 at least. CB, LB, 2-3 CM's and some pace in attack.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:43 AM
believe

Buttner
Anderson
Fletcher
Young
Fellaini
Carrick
Powell
Kagawa
Pea

Off the top of my head.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:44 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Long overdue. Plenty of shite in the squad. Which clowns would you give the boot as United prepare for an all out assault on the League next season?

Vidic & Rio are out. Evra will probably follow Fellaini must be sold. Don’t care what sort of hit the club takes, he must be removed. Young, Anderson and Fletcher are all finished at the club. Get rid.

Not particularly arsed if The Brand, Welbeck, Nani and Valencia were moved on, but they deserve a crack under the new manager. Could make an argument for one of Mata/Kagawa being sold too imo. Hope not.

One of the strikers probably needs to make way. Pea most likely. Great player imo, but deserves to go somewhere he’ll play every week.

Eight out and four or five quality players in. Would be tremendous.

p.s. this is not just another sage/football w*nkers thread btw. Interested in what normal humans think too.
remove welbeck from that list.

the others don't deserve any chance. all should be sold. Along with Rooney and hernandez.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:45 AM
elephantstone

why Powell? He is young and could develop in to a decent player.

agree with all them watcher

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Harri Jaffa

Apart from Fellaini, anderson and pea. It depends on who we bring in.

The noises are good but I don't trust woody yet

EDIT - and young ffs, think I was hoping he didn't actually exist

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Jethro

Agree on Cleverley and Welbeck being given a fair crack. If we are to be a passing team (thank god) Cleverley could be quite useful.

Young, Anderson, Zaha, Fletcher, Nani and Hernandez are done.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:46 AM
andyroo

While a clearout is necessary, the idea of that other £#%&!wit having the say-so on who went and who stayed was truly terrifying. Relieved it hasn't come to that.

None of the castoffs are going to fetch much but that's not really the issue. Hopefully Moyes gets a job and buys Fellaini.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

immediately these players should be removed:
Anderson
Cleverley
Valencia
Young
Fellaini
Nani

the likes of Rio, Giggs, chico, Smalling, Evans, buttner and Evra have either deserved another year or could be of genuinely practical use.

but the top 6 are totally gone.

I expect most will stay though, nobody will take young/fellaini.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:48 AM
dunk

Buttner
Rio
Vida
Evra
Fletcher
Anderson
Bebe
Young
Nani
Macheda
Hernandez
Will Keane
Giggs

All to leave imo.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:49 AM
believe

I hope van gaal hits Young over the head with his dick before he leaves.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:51 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
remove welbeck from that list.

the others don't deserve any chance. all should be sold. Along with Rooney and hernandez.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:51 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Defenders: Rio, Vidic, Buttner.

Midfield: Anderson, Young , Nani (shame but time to move on), Cleverley, Bebe

Strikers: Chicharito (see Nani), Macheda.
No £#%&!er will want Fellaini. Rooney is a dodgy one.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Old Mathers

Young
Valencia
Nani
Cleverley
Fletcher
Anderson
Buttner
Fellaini
Carrick
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Bebe
Macheda
Giggs

The ones in bold are essential for the sake of my mental welfare. Sadly I can't find a role for both Mata and Kags so add one of them to the list

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:53 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I honestly think we need 5 or 6 at least. CB, LB, 2-3 CM's and some pace in attack.
Two CB's imo. Only Jones is a potentially great centre back, but the ridiculous @#%&! never plays there. Needs someone alongside him that can organise a back four and play football tbf. A 28 year old Rio in other words. No idea where we’ll find one

Six years after getting into the side Evans has barely progressed. Will always be a good third choice CB, but not good enough at the highest level. Not convinced by Smalling either.

Needs two midfielders if Anderson, Fletcher & Fellaini are let go. Fellaini is turd tbh. Abysmal footballer.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:53 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
steer clear otherwise we'll end up with another Rooney thread.

I've a feeling we'll keep Rio on because Evans, Jones and Smalling still need a lot of coaching at the back.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:54 AM
ryanMUFC

Ferdinand
Buttner/Evra - one of them.
Fletcher
Young
Nani
Cleverley
Anderson
Welbeck

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:56 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
why Powell? He is young and could develop in to a decent player.
Looked a talent while he was here imo. Needs to come back and get games in the first team. Should get opportunities in the cups.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Harri Jaffa

We should be keeping Cleverly nqat

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:59 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Welbeck

Had a decent season when played as a striker and not out wide in order to add pace.
Closed Thread