United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Nani back yet? some talk that he has been training this week but might be too early for a start. Moyes has had a very generous run of fixtures recently in the league, Cardiff, Stoke, Fulham, Arsenal, Palace and now West Brom. 5 of the bottom 6, with most of the attacking options back fit.

45 mins against Palace has been the only encouraging part of that run so far. 5 wins may have brought Utd back into contention for the CL places.

De Gea
Rafael
Smalling
Jones
Evra

Nani/Januzaj
Carrick
Fellaini
Mata
Kagawa
Rooney

Rooney and Van Persie is not working and with RVP likely to be gone in the summer Moyes should start looking at new combinations. The same with Vidic at the back, if Jones and Smalling are fit they should start every game together, Vidic off, little to play for, Utd gain little by wasting games on Rio and Vidic.
not really. for starters we got a good start against cardiff and scored two very good goals. arsenal was a clean sheet which was encouraging in itself and we nearly nicked that game. i dare say some will say we shouldn't settle for that at arsenal and that they'd just got dicked at anfield, thus allowing them to ignore that what actually played out was a stepping stone for this united team (that should have been expected to be followed up in athens). then the two goal burst at home to fulham (and the close shaves that followed) was encouraging. and then there was the palace game, a potential banana skin if ever there was one the way things had been going...

again, people will dismiss all this in their clamour to look at the negatives: 'how dare anyone point to the positves - have another 50 posts of negatives you @#%&!'

Unread 07-03-2014, 08:41 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not really. for starters we got a good start against cardiff and scored two very good goals. arsenal was a clean sheet which was encouraging in itself and we nearly nicked that game. i dare say some will say we shouldn't settle for that at arsenal and that they'd just got dicked at anfield, thus allowing them to ignore that what actually played out was a stepping stone for this united team (that should have been expected to be followed up in athens). then the two goal burst at home to fulham (and the close shaves that followed) was encouraging. and then there was the palace game, a potential banana skin if ever there was one the way things had been going...

again, people will dismiss all this in their clamour to look at the negatives: 'how dare anyone point to the positves - have another 50 posts of negatives you @#%&!'

all in all seems like we had a pretty good season after all?

Unread 07-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington avenue
all in all seems like we had a pretty good season after all?
you don't half remind of a #@&%! that used to post on here

Unread 07-03-2014, 08:56 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
not a fan?

having a decent 2 minutes here or 10 minutes there against a few awful teams is actually a massive negative not a bit of a positive..

when your in mid shit and you realise there is no bog roll do you think 'oh well i have had a few nice arse mops with that roll anyway'?

Unread 07-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

A generous interpretation of that run. I would point out again though, 4 of the bottom 6 plus a timid Arsenal team. Cardiff was a solid enough win, but a dour match with Cardiff having more possession and territory that I was comfortable with, Stoke was a shambles with the conditions and injuries, nice goal from Van Persie though. Fulham was the nadir of his reign, even more so than Athens imo, the complete lack of imagination and variation to the approach makes it difficult for me to take any positives from that match.

A draw at Arsenal is never a bad result, but it was an awful match, 2 teams playing with zero intensity or intent to really push for the win, both frightened of the possibility of losing. There was barely an attacking positive run from a midfielder in the entire match. You might say that is typical of those type of matches but it was hard to watch.

I admire your ability to search for the positives in this season, there are too many good players at Utd for them not to produce occasional periods of excellence but it is difficult to look at that quality and accept the mediocrity which has been typical of this season.

Unread 07-03-2014, 09:05 PM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up

Didn't realise it was a 12.45 ko.

Will be watching my sons playing football - something I enjoy probably 1,000,000 times more than watching the shit @#%&!s.

Couldn't give a £#%&! what happens at WBA tbh - a similar attitude to our players - but I would like the result to be whatever it takes avoid the Europa - just to make the st renewal 'will I wont I' more teasing.

Unread 07-03-2014, 09:06 PM
red in cumbria

West Brom haven't won in the league since the new manager took over - and we know the Motes propensity for gifts by now.

Unread 07-03-2014, 09:23 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
West Brom haven't won in the league since the new manager took over - and we know the Motes propensity for gifts by now.

Pretty confident that west brom will score .

Unread 07-03-2014, 09:44 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I haven't even seen it yet & I'm seething.
Got all my info via text message.

We've been in relegation form since Christmas, have been knocked out of both Cups by dogshit opposition & are hanging on by the skin of our teeth to Champions League participation (having been spanked by the worst side left in it - after us) - yet Moyes is asked 3 or 4 questions about West Brom's manager & previous manager by the assembled hacks

whats worse is....its so true

i hate moyes

Unread 07-03-2014, 09:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Want to lose this to avoid finishing in a Europa league place, so

Linergard
Smalling
Rio
Evans
Butter
Valencia
Cleverly
Giggs
Young
Hernandez
Welbeck
last season, I would have expected that team to win.

Quote:
it was only the post before.

Quote:

it's about performances, not results. like the odd occasion you have a point, but you still conceal it in ridiculous bullshit. it's still just "throb... ".

Unread 07-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Sparky***

How the £#%&! anyone can find the motivation to make huge posts predicting which £#%&!ing side this clown will put out is beyond me.

Ironically our starting 11 is probably the least predictable thing about United these days.

Don't don't disgrace yourself, lads eh? I could really do without my weekend being ruined so early on a Saturday.

Unread 07-03-2014, 10:02 PM
jem

are these team threads meant to be predictions?

Unread 07-03-2014, 10:33 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

Not a chance.
I'll just check the result Sunday evening, Boom!, no ruined weekend. No one will even mention it to me, I picked a great time to move to a non footballing country, nqat

Unread 07-03-2014, 10:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
I'll just check the result Sunday evening, Boom!, no ruined weekend. No one will even mention it to me, I picked a great time to move to a non footballing country, nqat
Have you moved pal?

Unread 08-03-2014, 12:10 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Have you moved pal?
Hshfs, nqat

Unread 08-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Have you moved pal?
Do you know what kind of food they have in this new country he's in?

Unread 08-03-2014, 01:09 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Have you moved pal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Hshfs, nqat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Do you know what kind of food they have in this new country he's in?
S2c on this forum really, people like Bellers, myself, partohs copping flak because we moved abroad to sunnier climbs. Oh well....

Unread 08-03-2014, 01:55 AM
roon78

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Time we meeting 9am in spoons?
9am innit?

Unread 08-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Switching Off

Manchester United
Javier Hernandez (knee) will miss Saturday's match against West Brom, while Jonny Evans (calf) is unlikely to feature. David Moyes has also revealed that Marouane Fellaini is a doubt with a back spasm, adding: "I've got to check he's okay. It could be a problem."

Unread 08-03-2014, 05:08 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
The likelihood of me getting out of bed at 6:30am on a Saturday morning to watch this fixture is somewhere between nil and non existence.
Can't tell you how happy I am to be in work today.
Closed Thread