United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2013, 12:07 AM
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Can't say I've been impressed by him last couple of years.

Looks to have lost any pace he had.
2011– Barcelona 55 (19)

Hasn't affected his goal ratio too badly. You don't lose you pace at 25 btw.

Unread 29-04-2013, 12:10 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark
2011– Barcelona 55 (19)

Hasn't affected his goal ratio too badly. You don't lose you pace at 25 btw.
You do when you've had many bad years with injuries.

Half this form could score in that Barca side. Just when I've seen him can't say I've been that impressed with him.

Unread 29-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Sparky***

Who was it on here who was telling us all that fabregas to united was nailed on before he £#%&!ed off to barca.

Unread 29-04-2013, 12:14 AM
aardvark

Quote:

Half this form could score in that Barca side. Just when I've seen him can't say I've been that impressed with him.
"Many bad years with injuries"? When was that?

Unread 29-04-2013, 12:16 AM
tetrisblock

Quote:

I think that's a fair assessment, but also when you look back at the last few Barcelona champions league games, the whole team is basically set up for Messi and nobody else. Compare that to his time at Arsenal where he was given alot more freedom, without completely shirking his defensive responsibilities!

Del Bosque always trust him in big games for Spain and he always performs in those so can't question his mentality either!

Unread 29-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Who was it on here who was telling us all that fabregas to united was nailed on before he £#%&!ed off to barca.
Sir Alex Ferguson.

Unread 29-04-2013, 12:28 AM
ericcantona

My dad actually said to me we should go for fabregas watching villa game #sage

Surely the midfield issue can't be ignored any longer?! Think fabregas would be top tbh.

Unread 29-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Pop

Thumbs up

Fabregas, Bale, Ronaldo and Lewandowski next season it is then.

13/14 is going to be EPIC.

Unread 29-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Stickman

Would be incredible for us.

Had a feeling wed go in for him in 2009 with the Ronaldo war chest but obviously that didn't happen. Did it?

Unread 29-04-2013, 12:47 AM
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Fabregas, Bale, Ronaldo and Lewandowski next season it is then.

13/14 is going to be EPIC.
FaBaleLewous

Unread 29-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Would be incredible for us.

Had a feeling wed go in for him in 2009 with the Ronaldo war chest but obviously that didn't happen. Did it?
As I said at the time, we put in a very large bid and agreed terms with the player.

Arsenal pulled out.

That came from a (now) ex director so I have no reason to doubt them.

Unread 29-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Harri Jaffa

we won't get him but

Unread 29-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
we won't get him but
Never say never.

If his new bird wanted to live in England it would make sense. I doubt he'd go to another London club out of loyalty to Arsenal.

I don't understand why Barca would want to let him go. He's not set the world on fire there but he's been steady and Xavi isn't getting any younger.

How much would they get for him? They paid under the odds at the time because he forced the move. I reckon you'd be looking at £30m+.

Unread 29-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Ginners

would love him at utd. would be happy if it was just him and big lewa this summer

Unread 29-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Never say never.

If his new bird wanted to live in England it would make sense. I doubt he'd go to another London club out of loyalty to Arsenal.

I don't understand why Barca would want to let him go. He's not set the world on fire there but he's been steady and Xavi isn't getting any younger.

How much would they get for him? They paid under the odds at the time because he forced the move. I reckon you'd be looking at £30m+.
If Barca were selling I dont think theyd be in that much of a position of power. 30 tops.

Unread 29-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Never say never.

I just can't see it - Think 30m is a bit low as well...

Unread 29-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Straight swap for Anderson.

Unread 29-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Straight swap for Anderson.
x 1,000,000,000

Unread 29-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Stickman

Im not sure 30m would be low to send him to a foreign league.

End of day if they were to entertain selling him it wouldnt be because of what they could make out of it.

Unread 29-04-2013, 10:58 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
would love him at utd. would be happy if it was just him and big lewa this summer
Id be £#%&!ing thrilled if it was just him.
Closed Thread