United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2008, 11:53 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up Carlos Tevez

end of

where is that @#%&! Enjoying Insanity ....can't believe the shite he spouted about Tevez last year

Carlitos was brilliant last year but he looks like he will be taking it to a different level this year, what a player and love the way he fights for the shirt, if he keeps this up Anderson can forget it

Unread 10-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
end of

where is that @#%&! Enjoying Insanity ....can't believe the shite he spouted about Tevez last year

Carlitos was brilliant last year but he looks like he will be taking it to a different level this year, what a player and love the way he fights for the shirt, if he keeps this up Anderson can forget it
i was just thinking, he was immense today, how come no one's started a thread about it.

Unread 10-08-2008, 11:58 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
end of

Made to look a @#%&! again. He must love it that guy.

He wasn't alone though, i remember quite a few people were far from happy at the start of last season.

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Pop

Immense today. Not only in his play but attitude too. We may aswell have won the European Cup the way he celebrated after the shoot out.

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Great work ethic and tenacity not just an attacker but the first line of defense too and his chasing down seems to prevent the opposition from getting momentum going forward which really helps the cause.

If there was one failing it's his lack of speed. today there were two situations where he had yards on the nearest defender and could have been through on goal but got caught up. For a striker this is not good - when you get a chance of breaking through you need that burst of speed to take you there, leaving the defender dead in his tracks, still his overall contribution makes up for this and i have to admit he's done better than i thought he would do.

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Bral

Listened to the game on 5Live, they couldn't understand why Tevez was named man of the match

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
Listened to the game on 5Live, they couldn't understand why Tevez was named man of the match

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Tumescent Throb

Default Can't speak highly enough of Tevez

There was a slight question mark about him and Rooney playing in the same team

But I think Rooney has probably done enough to force the manager to stick them both in when he's fit

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:23 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
There was a slight question mark about him and Rooney playing in the same team

But I think Rooney has probably done enough to force the manager to stick them both in when he's fit
glad you've finally managed to see that. even though they weren;t playing together today. fergie will be pleased you now agree with him and can follow his plan knowing as much

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Tumescent Throb

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
glad you've finally managed to see that. even though they weren;t playing together today. fergie will be pleased you now agree with him and can follow his plan knowing as much
hmm

eh

oh

erm

what?

Unread 11-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Camel

Quote:
hmm

eh

oh

erm

what?

stop toying with me.

you didn't honestly believe rooney and tevez couldn't work.

Unread 11-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
stop toying with me.

you didn't honestly believe rooney and tevez couldn't work.
Tevez and anybody would work I reckon

Just so happens Rooney's not bad either

Unread 11-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Camel

Quote:
Tevez and anybody would work I reckon

Just so happens Rooney's not bad either
interesting, so you rate tevez above rooney?

Unread 11-08-2008, 08:35 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
If there was one failing it's his lack of speed. today there were two situations where he had yards on the nearest defender and could have been through on goal but got caught up. For a striker this is not good - when you get a chance of breaking through you need that burst of speed to take you there, leaving the defender dead in his tracks, still his overall contribution makes up for this and i have to admit he's done better than i thought he would do.
True, but in both cases the defender in question was Distin, who, lets be honest, is £#%&!ing rapid and would catch anyone.

Unread 11-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Withers

He was easily our best player but people really do go overboard about him.

The reaction to him reminds me of when we first signed Smith. He is obviously a better player than Smith but people are evalating his performances way above the reality due to the amount of sheer effort he puts in.

Apart from one half shot from outside the box he never really looked like scoring.

Unread 11-08-2008, 09:29 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
He was easily our best player but people really do go overboard about him.

The reaction to him reminds me of when we first signed Smith. He is obviously a better player than Smith but people are evalating his performances way above the reality due to the amount of sheer effort he puts in.

Apart from one half shot from outside the box he never really looked like scoring.
You will get stick for that post, but I have been thinking something similar.

People go over the top about his ability IMO. He is a very good player and I think he will be even better this season, but some people go over the top. Probably because he is Argentinian, has long hair, works very hard for the team and is a likable guy and clearly loves playing for us. As I've said, I think he is a very good player, there is just something that doesn't sit quite right when people are raving about his ability.

Unread 11-08-2008, 09:34 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
end of

a better version of rooney was how i described him when we were first interested in him.

Unread 11-08-2008, 09:36 AM
magic_cantona

He was brilliant last season and he's going to be even better this year.He's world class.

Unread 11-08-2008, 09:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
He was brilliant last season and he's going to be even better this year.He's world class.
Agreed, just need a striker to play ahead of him and rooney and we're set.

Unread 11-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Stickman

absolute cult hero.

Better than Rooney though -
Closed Thread