Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2009, 02:35 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
It's about right is that.

For me, Berbatov can be a star player at United. He's not performed as well as I've expected him to but he's shown what he is capable of (in patches)

Too early to write him off and next season is where we'll see his true value & worth to the team.

He'll score the winner in this seasons European Cup Final

Unread 21-04-2009, 04:24 PM
ScarFace

He's shit.

Unread 21-04-2009, 04:55 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Thanks for clearing this up on a daily basis, you boring @#%&!.

Unread 21-04-2009, 05:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Fair enough, but he’s not really saying anything we don’t know. I don't think there's a fan in the country who doesn't understand Berbatov's style of play or what his qualities/deficiencies are. The penalty approach is one used by many players and is open to criticism in my opinion because it does carry a slightly higher element of risk. However, that isn’t really linked with the direct issue with regard to Berbatov (or at least it should be) which is not whether he is lazy or takes a good penalty, it’s if he's right for us. Personally, I still think it's too early to say, but until he improves, it remains a reasonable debate to be having, imo. I don't know why the press are making such a big deal out of it.

Unread 21-04-2009, 05:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't know why the press are making such a big deal out of it.
I might be throwing a curve ball here...but I am taking a wild guess that's it because he plays for Manchester United

Unread 21-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fair enough, but he’s not really saying anything we don’t know. I don't think there's a fan in the country who doesn't understand Berbatov's style of play or what his qualities/deficiencies are. The penalty approach is one used by many players and is open to criticism in my opinion because it does carry a slightly higher element of risk. However, that isn’t really linked with the direct issue with regard to Berbatov (or at least it should be) which is not whether he is lazy or takes a good penalty, it’s if he's right for us. Personally, I still think it's too early to say, but until he improves, it remains a reasonable debate to be having, imo. I don't know why the press are making such a big deal out of it.
You seem a tad confused.

Unread 21-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Thought this bit of the article was actually quite interesting, not to mention a little surprising.
Quote:
Partnerships have been a fixture of Ferguson’s teams, but in the 20 games that Berbatov and Wayne Rooney have started together, they have combined to score only once, in the 4-0 demolition of West Bromwich Albion in October. Rooney has not set up one of Berbatov’s goals, while the Bulgarian has been involved in only one of the England forward’s 17, a troubling statistic that becomes all the easier to understand when you consider that of the 551 passes United made against Sunderland in December, only four were between the front two, Berbatov and Rooney. That was by no means an isolated statistic. No wonder this may be the first time in four seasons that United do not finish as the league’s top or joint-top goalscorers.

Unread 21-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
You seem a tad confused.
ha ha gutted

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Thought this bit of the article was actually quite interesting, not to mention a little surprising.
Quote:
Berbatov has been responsible for setting up a sixth of United’s 54 goals in the Barclays Premier League — only Frank Lampard, the Chelsea midfield player, Robin van Persie, the Arsenal forward, and Steed Malbranque, the Sunderland midfield player, have as many assists — while four of his 13 goals in all competitions have been winners.
Yeah especially after reading this.

Unread 21-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Serenity Now

Amazing how few shots he's getting. 59 minutes per shot before February. That's more like a midfielder than a striker. Looking at the average over the season, it's less than half the number of shots per game of Rooney and Ronaldo - actually closer to Park!

Unread 21-04-2009, 07:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
You seem a tad confused.
How do you mean?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Amazing how few shots he's getting. 59 minutes per shot before February. That's more like a midfielder than a striker. Looking at the average over the season, it's less than half the number of shots per game of Rooney and Ronaldo - actually closer to Park!

Do you know a site where you can find all this type of information on any given player?
Closed Thread