United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2009, 11:11 PM
marlo

Default drogba

i have to say i admire him when he is at his best.

one of the best in the business.

his goal tonight was celebrated like a united one.

Unread 08-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Grimson

Missed two sitters but did take that tap-in well.

Unread 09-04-2009, 12:50 AM
bobbledinho

He did £#%&! up several glorious chances. A shadow of the player he once was. And a complete and utter @#%&!.

Unread 09-04-2009, 01:09 AM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
exactly what I was thinking.

Unread 09-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Camel

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
He did £#%&! up several glorious chances. A shadow of the player he once was. And a complete and utter @#%&!.
anyway, back to the yoghurt pot conundrum...

Unread 09-04-2009, 01:15 AM
f.l.a.t.s

He's a @#%&!.

Unread 09-04-2009, 05:13 AM
borsuk

on form he's a great player but admire? do you know what the word means?

cheating, diving, spitting, elbowing, whining, snidey bastard @#%&!. managed to really outdo himself for cunishness this year as well. admire? now fowler and wise have £#%&!ed off he's probably the player i most despise tbh.

Unread 09-04-2009, 08:35 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
on form he's a great player but admire? do you know what the word means?

cheating, diving, spitting, elbowing, whining, snidey bastard @#%&!. managed to really outdo himself for cunishness this year as well. admire? now fowler and wise have £#%&!ed off he's probably the player i most despise tbh.
Spot on Borsuk!

Unread 09-04-2009, 09:04 AM
thatsfuctit

King of

Unread 09-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Firswood Red

Quote:
as well as getting in the way of Lampard when Drogba was offside.

Unread 09-04-2009, 10:17 AM
toseeunited

Exclamation

he could have scored a hat full last night but when they pulled the stats up when he was subbed you have to give ti to him:

shots: 5
on target: 3
goals: 1

in the champions league that is a £#%&!ing good night's work!

Unread 09-04-2009, 10:20 AM
marlo

i think we need a striker like drogba or torres.

you saw the way a ball upto them they could hold off defenders and fashion some sort of chance from it. like the one drogba had that was cleared off the line or the one he missed. the same with torres who did it against united as well as chelsea.

hate to say it but after spending 30m on a striker we still need a player like that. with genuine pace and power.

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Whalefish

We'll need to buy another striker in the Summer if the cash is there and the decision is made to not sign Tevez. So who is there that's available? Don't watch an awful lot of 'other' football these days and I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

We've got a technician in Berbatov and the all round game of Rooney - effort, vision and goals. So that's type of strikers covered. I agree we need someone different to those two and it has to be someone with pace. Don't agree it has to be a more traditional number 9 either. I don't fancy Utd playing a rigid 4-4-2 again.

I'm not going to bother debating Berbatov/Tevez since Utd have just bought one and don't own the other. If one of those leaves in the Summer it is going to be the little Argentinian. The former will not be going anywhere no matter how much some folk want it.

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:06 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
We'll need to buy another striker in the Summer if the cash is there and the decision is made to not sign Tevez. So who is there that's available? Don't watch an awful lot of 'other' football these days and I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

We've got a technician in Berbatov and the all round game of Rooney - effort, vision and goals. So that's type of strikers covered. I agree we need someone different to those two and it has to be someone with pace. Don't agree it has to be a more traditional number 9 either. I don't fancy Utd playing a rigid 4-4-2 again.

I'm not going to bother debating Berbatov/Tevez since Utd have just bought one and don't own the other. If one of those leaves in the Summer it is going to be the little Argentinian. The former will not be going anywhere no matter how much some folk want it.
Very good post.

I read the other day United and Arsenal are looking at a striker from Wolsfburg, and United are set to beat them to his signature for £12m or something. It was on newsnow off one of them shitty websites though.

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:07 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

Without wanting to dwell, I'm still sore that we never took a chance on Torres.

I always wanted him. I thought he'd be perfect. And he £#%&!in' is aswell!

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:07 AM
dunk

Quote:
We'll need to buy another striker in the Summer if the cash is there and the decision is made to not sign Tevez. So who is there?

We need someone who can offer somewhere near what Rooney offers when he isn't available, pace and power. There isn't a great deal knocking about atm, talent wise, but one thing Fergie has always been good at is finding players to fill a void, players we would never think/dream of signing, and they tend to do a job.

Ideally, we'd pick a 23 year old Andy Cole from somewhere

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:08 AM
borsuk

i think united need to decide what to do with ronnie and rooney. last season we had rooney sacrificed out left to allow ronnie more freedom and he prospered. this season we've seen rooney used consistently in the middle and he has prospered, with ronnie more restricted out wide. we need to find an effective way to play them both, so both can prosper.

oh, and before the terminally dim amongst us take that to mean that i'm blaming rooney in the middle for our relative woes, i'm not. our problems come further down the field, not up top imo.

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Billy Baroo

we need an option in behind with pace and i'd sacrifice tevez for that in a breath

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Very good post.

I read the other day United and Arsenal are looking at a striker from Wolsfburg, and United are set to beat them to his signature for £12m or something. It was on newsnow off one of them shitty websites though.
Dzeko - Bosnian (23 y/o), and someone I've only really heard of this week. Banging them in over there (as is his 30 year old Brazilian strike partner).

He looks a player, but only from YouTubingtons. Wolfsburg are at the sharp end of the league & absolutely Pardew'd Bayern at the weekend.

if you want a look...

David Villa is available, Valencia are bang in the doo-doo financially & the administrators will be flogging the players rather than the board so could go for some silly knockdown fee. Dreamland though tbf with all the teams after him in Spain.

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Whalefish

Villa's agent said a few weeks back that when he moves it'll be to another Spanish club.

Think it was in response to all the %@#$&!s linking him to the divs.
Closed Thread