United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-04-2024, 10:09 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
https://x.com/tenhagera/status/17804...A3dB-7-ot5Dfuw

Did we ever see this Sancho playing for us?

He actually looks quite fast in these clips. Yet he turned up here a podgy little bastard that couldn’t be arsed under two different managers, one tried the arm around the shoulder approach and the other tried to discipline him… neither worked.

Back in his comfort zone by the looks of it, hopefully they’re stupid enough to give us a decent wedge for the fat £#%&!.
I mean even in the clips we don’t see any end product, Gabriel obertan and bellion looked quick in 2-3 second snippets

Unread 19-04-2024, 10:14 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
kaboom
The German League's runaway leaders have just laboured to a 1-1 draw against West Ham ffs.

There's been 2 all english champions league finals in the last 5 years as well as 3 different English winners in the last 5 years.

Unread 19-04-2024, 10:53 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington View Post
Sancho doesn't have the minerals to play for a top club in a top league. The German league is a joke.
A German team that beat us twice and knocked our league leaders.
our other title contending team was knocked out a Italian team who are 6th.

both these teams in our league out play us and are odds on favourites to beat us at home so how is to the German league a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
The German League's runaway leaders have just laboured to a 1-1 draw against West Ham ffs.

There's been 2 all english champions league finals in the last 5 years as well as 3 different English winners in the last 5 years.
Leverkusen were 2 goals up on aggregate…they didn’t need to win.

Have our league leaders played any German teams lately ?

That was 5 years ago. Ask yourself why we aren’t getting a 5th team in the champions league and why it’s going to Germany ?

Xxx

Unread 19-04-2024, 10:59 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
They didn't labour. They controlled and managed the game well. They never needed to get out of 3rd gear.

Unread 19-04-2024, 11:04 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

both these teams in our league out play us and are odds on favourites to beat us at home so how is to the German league a joke!

That was 5 years ago. Ask yourself why we aren’t getting a 5th team in the champions league and why it’s going to Germany ?

Xxx
Are you really putting kisses on a forum post?

Unread 19-04-2024, 11:18 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
You don't have to act like a star
Tryin' moves in the back your car
Don't you know that we can go far
Because tonight you gonna get my
Mwah! Mwah!

Unread 19-04-2024, 12:08 PM
marlo

Quote:
Didn’t answer my question though did you babe?

leverkusen were 2-0 up from the first leg so why would they need to be so expansive away from home.

Meanwhile our league leaders went to Germany and didn’t manage to even score a goal in a knock out game….

A team that aren’t even that good by their own standards but thrashed us and beat our league leaders….

What does that say about the premier league?

Sanchos Dortmund are also in the semifinals beating athletico Madrid….
After finishing top of the group including psg, Milan and Newcastle!

Unread 19-04-2024, 12:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
They didn't labour. They controlled and managed the game well. They never needed to get out of 3rd gear.
First half West Ham could have scored 3 or 4 and were the much better side. Second half they made a couple of subs that helped them turn the game around but the ref was hilariously poor. I think it’s unfair to say they never needed to get out of 3rd gear.

Unread 19-04-2024, 12:43 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
PSG are in the last 4 all the time as well, is that a sign of their league strength?
No not at all, but I think having 2 sides in the semi finals, neither of which are even close to their own league leaders, is a pretty good indication that the league isn't a "joke".

Unread 19-04-2024, 01:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post

Xxx
Finger on the pulse, as ever

Unread 19-04-2024, 01:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Finger on the pulse, as ever

Unread 19-04-2024, 01:34 PM
est.1878

England euros call up any day now after 1 good game in 3 years...

Unread 19-04-2024, 03:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Didn’t answer my question though did you babe?

leverkusen were 2-0 up from the first leg so why would they need to be so expansive away from home.

Meanwhile our league leaders went to Germany and didn’t manage to even score a goal in a knock out game….

A team that aren’t even that good by their own standards but thrashed us and beat our league leaders….

What does that say about the premier league?

Sanchos Dortmund are also in the semifinals beating athletico Madrid….
After finishing top of the group including psg, Milan and Newcastle!
Arsenal aren’t the league leaders you pillock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
No not at all, but I think having 2 sides in the semi finals, neither of which are even close to their own league leaders, is a pretty good indication that the league isn't a "joke".
Yeah you’re right. Leagues where the same team win it every single season for an entire decade are notoriously strong.

I know where everyone wants to go with this it’s “Arsenal and city have been knocked out of the champions league, so the premier league isn’t that good so why aren’t United winning every game wah wah wah”

It’s the king of false equivalence imbeciles make when they want to stamp their feet and have a moan because the success they feel entitled to isn’t happening as quick as they want.

Bayern and Madrid scraped through in a cup completion. It happens. Obviously since Coventry are in the fa cup semi final after beating wolves we can take this as conclusive proof that the championship is better than the premier league?

Unread 19-04-2024, 03:26 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:

But you're always banging on about how shit the Prem is?

Unread 19-04-2024, 03:29 PM
poppy

Thumbs up

Quote:

Yeah you’re right. Leagues where the same team win it every single season for an entire decade are notoriously strong.

I know where everyone wants to go with this it’s “Arsenal and city have been knocked out of the champions league, so the premier league isn’t that good so why aren’t United winning every game wah wah wah”

It’s the king of false equivalence imbeciles make when they want to stamp their feet and have a moan because the success they feel entitled to isn’t happening as quick as they want.

Bayern and Madrid scraped through in a cup completion. It happens. Obviously since Coventry are in the fa cup semi final after beating wolves we can take this as conclusive proof that the championship is better than the premier league?
Yup. Wigan and Portsmouth have won FA Cups in recent years. Liverpool won European Cups in 1981 and 2005 despite not being one of the top four sides in their own country. The 2019 CL final was contested between two sides who'd not won their domestic title for something like a combined 90 years.

Any old shite can fluke a cup. You watch us prove it this season.

Unread 19-04-2024, 03:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
But you're always banging on about how shit the Prem is?
Am I? That’s a very astute assumption considering you’ve been a member of this forum for about a £#%&!ing week isn’t it “bigronmanager”?

Unread 19-04-2024, 03:57 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Am I? That’s a very astute assumption considering you’ve been a member of this forum for about a £#%&!ing week isn’t it “bigronmanager”?
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=330

“Haven’t been on here long”

No one likes a liar, “big” ron.

Unread 19-04-2024, 04:22 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=330

“Haven’t been on here long”

No one likes a liar, “big” ron.
I extrapolate.

Unread 19-04-2024, 05:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

You're reading a bit deep into it tbh. Nowhere did I say the bundesliga is anywhere near the PL in terms of quality.

I just said it wasn't a joke.

You could also argue the definition of a "joke" league is one that allows nation states complete control of its clubs, and the definition of a strong league is one where fans have 51% control of their own clubs, but that's probably for a different thread.

Unread 19-04-2024, 05:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
You're reading a bit deep into it tbh. Nowhere did I say the bundesliga is anywhere near the PL in terms of quality.

I just said it wasn't a joke.

You could also argue the definition of a "joke" league is one that allows nation states complete control of its clubs, and the definition of a strong league is one where fans have 51% control of their own clubs, but that's probably for a different thread.
You’re not wrong.