United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2022, 09:52 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
That Macallister disallowed goal

Potter is some manager. Making championship players look like world beaters.
I only saw a few seconds of it on Instagram. Shit goal to rule out, but wasn’t the free kick offside?

Unread 05-09-2022, 09:55 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I only saw a few seconds of it on Instagram. Shit goal to rule out, but wasn’t the free kick offside?
yeah fractionally. I don't understand people tbh. Yes VAR can be a £#%&!ing killjoy at times but i'd rather have it than not. You can't say you want the refs to apply the laws but only when it suits you. Doesn't work like that.

I'm all for the offside VAR calls because it's either offside or it isn't, no grey area.

That bullshit with the Chelsea keeper the other day though was a joke though.

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:00 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Owen was my half time entertainment.

"Its a foul but it's not enough of a foul to rule out the goal"
Simpletons earning millions in the media. It’s what happens when most of them leave school at 16 to play football. Sprinkle some forced “entertainment “ agenda from the tv channels to get views and likes you get where we are .

As bad as the Newcastle decision was , watching shearers piss boil on MOTD brought a smile to my face. Nothing like talking about disgraces than being bank rolled by a country with countless human rights exploits and violations (these are the ones we know about)

I get he is paid to talk about football and not politics etc but being angry at the football and overlooking the Saudi ownership seems a bit shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yeah fractionally. I don't understand people tbh. Yes VAR can be a £#%&!ing killjoy at times but i'd rather have it than not. You can't say you want the refs to apply the laws but only when it suits you. Doesn't work like that.

I'm all for the offside VAR calls because it's either offside or it isn't, no grey area.

That bullshit with the Chelsea keeper the other day though was a joke though.
100% you can’t say “ oh because it led to a goal we should allow it” if it breaks the laws of the game then it shouldn’t be ruled a goal. The moment you start bringing in interpretation to offsides/goals/fouls , the game becomes unfair because some teams will have goals “given” when others wouldn’t .

The Newcastle one was shit too but the Arsenal one yesterday honestly beggars belief . There is zero defence for it not being a foul. He didn’t get any of the ball. It wasn’t a shoulder to shoulder, he comes in and trips his leg which causes Eriksen to fall.

I don’t get where the Arsenal defence is coming from. If he got the ball I’d say ok wasn’t a foul.

Even if he took Eriksen out first and got the ball , I’d say ok at the very best there’s a case, but none of the ball was won.

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:08 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Simpletons earning millions in the media. It’s what happens when most of them leave school at 16 to play football. Sprinkle some forced “entertainment “ agenda from the tv channels to get views and likes you get where we are .

As bad as the Newcastle decision was , watching shearers piss boil on MOTD brought a smile to my face. Nothing like talking about disgraces than being bank rolled by a country with countless human rights exploits and violations (these are the ones we know about)

I get he is paid to talk about football and not politics etc but being angry at the football and overlooking the Saudi ownership seems a bit shit.

They've all drank the kool aid on that one. Newcastle fans are worse than city fans now when it comes to swivel eyed defending of their ownership and whataboutery. They're an absolute £#%&!ing disgrace tbh and it just goes to show that your typical football fan would welcome adolf hitler if they came in waving a bit of cash. Utterly shameless.

I can't remember who it was on twitter but some journo made a remark about Newcastle's saudi owners and his replies was just dozens and dozens of irate newcastle fans engaging in the most embarrassing whataboutery and mental gymnastics you'll see.

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:34 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Owen was my half time entertainment.

"Its a foul but it's not enough of a foul to rule out the goal"
this makes perfect sense.

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:38 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They've all drank the kool aid on that one. Newcastle fans are worse than city fans now when it comes to swivel eyed defending of their ownership and whataboutery. They're an absolute £#%&!ing disgrace tbh and it just goes to show that your typical football fan would welcome adolf hitler if they came in waving a bit of cash. Utterly shameless.

I can't remember who it was on twitter but some journo made a remark about Newcastle's saudi owners and his replies was just dozens and dozens of irate newcastle fans engaging in the most embarrassing whataboutery and mental gymnastics you'll see.
Mental. It’s a childish response. “…but what about them…” yes they are also #@&%!heads. But you can only really be responsible for your team and your owners. Purely because as fans they represent your club and that’s who you are apart of.

Honestly hope Newcastle crash and burn. (It won’t happen) but it would be nice for something to mess up and have Newcastle be forced to sell

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:42 AM
Big Norm

Actually thought that Ian Wright was refreshingly honest last night. Said Arse didn't deserve anything from the game and it was a definite foul on Erikssen for the disallowed goal.

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:02 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Actually thought that Ian Wright was refreshingly honest last night. Said Arse didn't deserve anything from the game and it was a definite foul on Erikssen for the disallowed goal.
In contrast to hassellbaink

I can understand Mersons ramblings, part because he used to play for Arsenal part because there’s a good chance he’s pissed . But hasselbaink claiming it wasn’t a foul

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:05 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Balls to that. Deserves a proper job.
Just needs a slightly more exotic name and he can make it right to the top

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:11 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Cleaning up the great Floppy G's mess.
Leicester job would be good for him. Decent fan base. Recent winning history. Bigger expectations. Can’t see Brendan hanging about for long, if they want to stay up they have to start winning soon.

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
In contrast to hassellbaink

I can understand Mersons ramblings, part because he used to play for Arsenal part because there’s a good chance he’s pissed . But hasselbaink claiming it wasn’t a foul
He changed his mind on everything about 3 or 4 times tbf

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:51 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
it was a definite foul on Erikssen for the disallowed goal.
yes, but the ref didn't give it. the real question is whether it was such a mistake that var should have encouraged him to look again. the way var was used seems to be beyond its remit. whereas the way it ignored challenges by lokonga and saka seems rather slack. I wouldn't trust lee mason to milk my cat.

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:55 AM
dunk

Ian Wright is spot on in that VAR is looking like it’s used to find a reason to disallow goals.

Problem is, the officials seem to have been told to let some stuff go and let VAR sort it out, then in other instances they make decisions that are overturned. It’s a mess and the officials are unsure of anything.

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:55 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes, but the ref didn't give it. the real question is whether it was such a mistake that var should have encouraged him to look again. the way var was used seems to be beyond its remit. whereas the way it ignored challenges by lokonga and saka seems rather slack. I wouldn't trust lee mason to milk my cat.
I suppose we would never know but there’s a chance the ref thought he got the ball and Lee mason said no he didn’t .that’s a clear and obvious mistake from the ref then and he should go check it.

I think one way to clear it up is to stick microphones on the refs to see their decision making process.

Unread 05-09-2022, 12:00 PM
jem

Quote:
I suppose we would never know but there’s a chance the ref thought he got the ball and Lee mason said no he didn’t .that’s a clear and obvious mistake from the ref then and he should go check it.
even if he had got the ball, he would have gone through eriksen to get it. var is not there to give refs a second crack to see how they feel about things.

Unread 05-09-2022, 12:01 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
even if he had got the ball, he would have gone through eriksen to get it. var is not there to give refs a second crack to see how they feel about things.
My point is, the ref could have judged something that didn’t happen. That’s exactly what it’s there for. To stop obvious errors from taking place.
Closed Thread