United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2022, 10:04 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Newcastle got exactly what they deserved there. Stopped bothering to attack with about half an hour to go.
They played like relegation candidates.

They really do need to think seriously about 'stopping the clock'. Teams everywhere wasting so much time that even 10 mins of injury time isn't enough for some games.

Unread 31-08-2022, 10:06 PM
ryanMUFC

Arsed about the scousers? Their empires coming to an end.

Zorg

Ah, £#%&! em.

elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
You utter utter bastard
Ffs

dunk

Urgh, what a set of loathsome @#%&!s.

Unread 31-08-2022, 10:07 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Bloody brilliant mate, match of the day later ?
I’m logging off

I deserve a ban for this

Jesus wept

Unread 31-08-2022, 10:10 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yeah they’re probably worried sick right now.
Like I said, I’m not arsed about them or how they feel but the signs are there.

Unread 31-08-2022, 10:11 PM
red in cumbria

Completely predictable and indeed predicted

But they're not the same side they were last season, nowhere near.

Unread 31-08-2022, 10:17 PM
Arnold Muhren

8th minute of the 5 minutes added on. £#%&!ing rat vermin bastards.

Unread 31-08-2022, 10:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
8th minute of the 5 minutes added on. £#%&!ing rat vermin bastards.
Which was totally deserved. Newcastle shamelessly time wasting from about the 80th minute onwards.

Watching Newcastle I was expecting this transformed fantastic side the way some people in the media have been carping on about them. Some predicting a top 6 finish for them before the season started Based off what exactly?

Well they'll have to be a lot better than when i've seen them because from what i've seen they play like a team who goes ahead in games and then isn't really sure what they should do. They look painfully average without without Maximus Sprintus Headless Chickenus as an outlet as well.

I hate seeing Liverpool win but i've always ALWAYS despised teams who stop bothering to attack in tight games like that and start time wasting. You invite the inevitable. And we saw enough of it down the years at old trafford which gave birth to the 'Fergie time' nonsense. You play the game until the ref blows his whistle.

Liverpool will be just fine btw. Anyone expecting an implosion or collapse will be sorely disappointed in the long run. They'll still finish 2nd. They play too aggressively and have far too many good players with the right attitude to turn into pathetic losers overnight the way United did in the last 18 months.

Unread 31-08-2022, 10:49 PM
jem

wow. henderson, ffs.

and one through his legs.

Unread 31-08-2022, 10:52 PM
Stickman

Whilst I don’t disagree with the vast majority of that Sparky, I genuinely think they’re on their way down.

The Mane sale is going to hurt over the season too.

Unread 31-08-2022, 11:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Whilst I don’t disagree with the vast majority of that Sparky, I genuinely think they’re on their way down.

The Mane sale is going to hurt over the season too.
Maybe, but the arse isn't going to drop out of them over the course of a couple of months. Even the season before last when they had an absolute nightmare, they still managed to get their act together in time to finish top 4.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if they're on the way down or up - nobody is going to finish above City while Guardiola is still there.

Unread 31-08-2022, 11:03 PM
jem

don't think isak's second was offside. another dodgy frame choice from var.

Unread 01-09-2022, 03:58 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Which was totally deserved. Newcastle shamelessly time wasting from about the 80th minute onwards.

Watching Newcastle I was expecting this transformed fantastic side the way some people in the media have been carping on about them. Some predicting a top 6 finish for them before the season started Based off what exactly?

Well they'll have to be a lot better than when i've seen them because from what i've seen they play like a team who goes ahead in games and then isn't really sure what they should do. They look painfully average without without Maximus Sprintus Headless Chickenus as an outlet as well.

I hate seeing Liverpool win but i've always ALWAYS despised teams who stop bothering to attack in tight games like that and start time wasting. You invite the inevitable. And we saw enough of it down the years at old trafford which gave birth to the 'Fergie time' nonsense. You play the game until the ref blows his whistle.

Liverpool will be just fine btw. Anyone expecting an implosion or collapse will be sorely disappointed in the long run. They'll still finish 2nd. They play too aggressively and have far too many good players with the right attitude to turn into pathetic losers overnight the way United did in the last 18 months.
Absolutely this. The game is 1-1 too. The time is there for Newcastle to win ti too, but they have no intention of doing so. Play the game that in front of you. Keep the ball. Do what you need to do, but don’t moan about the time that’s being added BECAUSE of you.

Liverpool will be fine. Just a slow start. It’s still the same group of players that are far too strong for 90% of the league on a regular basis and regularly get 90+ points. They’re likely too many dropped points away from catching City over 38 games, but the rest of the league is still to prove they can rattle off 85-90 points in the way these two have for years.

It’d just be nice to see the rest of the league Actually have a go. Some signs of that this season at least.

Newcastle are miles away and I never thought they’d be anything else. They’ll get better. It’s inevitable with that money, but it’ll take time. I suspect they’d have got more last night had St Maxxypants and Wilson played.

Unread 01-09-2022, 05:56 AM
shenwen

Howe is dreadful at keeping a lead. Always falls back to time wasting and parking the bus. £#%&! him and £#%&! Newcastle. Liverpool don't look so great so not arsed if they piss on the Saudi's halal chips.

Unread 01-09-2022, 08:16 AM
Ethers

Appropriate celebration a week after a £#%&!ing kid was shot and killed there.

Unread 01-09-2022, 08:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
https://twitter.com/osowxvyy/status/...IqNp3m6mK_qDEg

Appropriate celebration a week after a £#%&!ing kid was shot and killed there.
I’ll look forward to the Scouse outcry….oh wait.

Unread 01-09-2022, 08:41 AM
Jethro

If only they'd have done a bit of showboating instead.

Unread 01-09-2022, 01:27 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:

They were missing their best 3 players though in Austin Maximum, WIILSSSONNN! and Bruno, not Bruno Guimares.
Closed Thread