United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:20 PM
wiganste

Default Build up to Bournemouth on Saturday

It actually feels good looking forward to a game rather than wanting to jump in the Irwell with concrete boots on.

It won't be easy this game - they've hit a bit of form and had a few good results, close to beating Villa on Sunday.

What team does the bald opt for? Same again or does he mix it up a bit?
I'd be happy to see us unchanged (unless Lindelof is injured?)

I'm going for another 2-1 win which puts us into a positive goal difference and into the 20 goals scored for the season

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:56 PM
jem

christie looks good.

should play amrabat and mainoo. won't play amrabat and mainoo.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:58 PM
Patty_b

The performance that we had last night with Rashford being dropped was huge. Feels like a marker was put down to the team, if you're having to be carried then you won't play. Don't really care if he starts or not on Saturday because he'll have something to prove if he does, and we're just as good if he doesn't.

Going for a grindy but relatively comfortable 2-1.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:00 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
christie looks good.

Christ - i agree

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:00 PM
Stickman

Think we’ll win this comfortably. 3-0. 3-1 if they have a shot on target.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:30 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
christie looks good.

Most likely he will play more or less the same team. Maybe shaw starts as a CB but that’s about it.

Realistically to bring Mainoo in he can only switch out The Scottish Player. He’s scoring so freely it wouldn’t be wise to take him out.

But in the long run I do see it happening.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:34 PM
magic_cantona

For the moment, has to be the same 11. No changes at all, shows everyone you're earning your place.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Look at garnachos arc, Erik started him at the beginning of the season and his performance was t that great, used as a sub and now almost has the left role cemented....

Kobeh will take time, no need to rush an 18 year old into statyi G for man united ...

It's good management, with scott currently on his BdOr year we have options when and where to use him...

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:36 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
For the moment, has to be the same 11. No changes at all, shows everyone you're earning your place.
Especially if, as McTommers said last night, that he's changed training to lighter sessions now. Go easy on them and there is no reason why the same 11 can't play again.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:40 PM
est.1878

Have sent a PM apology to believe asking him to retain the match thread.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Realistically to bring Mainoo in he can only switch out The Scottish Player. He’s scoring so freely it wouldn’t be wise to take him out.
he could rest nacho (who is still a baby) or drop The Scottish Player or antony.

The Scottish Player may have scored a couple of goals, but we need a midfield. The Scottish Player and an overlapping dalot or wan b would contribute as much as antony.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:50 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he could rest nacho (who is still a baby) or drop The Scottish Player or antony.

The Scottish Player may have scored a couple of goals, but we need a midfield. The Scottish Player and an overlapping dalot or wan b would contribute as much as antony.
I'm the biggest advocate for beefing up the midfield but why change the team right after a great/huge performance like last night?

No, it wasn't Turin '99 but with this team now, surely we just need to keep it ticking over. I'd 100% change it for Anfield, mind.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:55 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Have sent a PM apology to believe asking him to retain the match thread.
Apology accepted. Might have one more game in me, flight got put back to Sunday afternoon

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:55 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Shift The Scottish Player to the right , youre accommodating an inform player .

Even if he moves Bruno to the right and puts The Scottish Player as a 10 , Bruno isn’t great on the wing.

Antony has a good work rate and will be able to press high much better than The Scottish Player.

I agree, The Scottish Player is no long term answer, technically he is £#%&! , can’t make passes longer than 10 yards and gets caught out of position . But he’s been scoring and will have his tail up.

I would go with the same team and then bring Mainoo Amrabat in for the Bayern game which will need two defensive players.

Unread 07-12-2023, 02:06 PM
atticusgrinch

The Scottish Player should be a hail mary sub only. He's playing full games and completing around 25 passes per game. Bring him on to cause some shit round the (opposition) box to try and snag a goal - sure. Starting him condemns the other midfielder. We've seen it game after game.

He's a ghost in that midfield. Stole the ball of Rasmus's head for the second as well.

Spotty @#%&!.

Unread 07-12-2023, 02:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'm the biggest advocate for beefing up the midfield but why change the team right after a great/huge performance like last night?
because we concede way too many chances and we can no more rely on the opposition missing them than we can rely on The Scottish Player to score two every game.

we were not in control of that game at any point.

Unread 07-12-2023, 02:18 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
The Scottish Player should be a hail mary sub only. He's playing full games and completing around 25 passes per game. Bring him on to cause some shit round the (opposition) box to try and snag a goal - sure. Starting him condemns the other midfielder. We've seen it game after game.

He's a ghost in that midfield. Stole the ball of Rasmus's head for the second as well.

Spotty @#%&!.
Hate to admit it but i agree with this 100% doesn’t offer enough to start as a midfielder and historically would have been used was an impact sub

Unread 07-12-2023, 02:18 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Spotty @#%&!.
this.

Unread 07-12-2023, 02:24 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It actually feels good looking forward to a game rather than wanting to jump in the Irwell with concrete boots on.

It won't be easy this game - they've hit a bit of form and had a few good results, close to beating Villa on Sunday.

What team does the bald opt for? Same again or does he mix it up a bit?
I'd be happy to see us unchanged (unless Lindelof is injured?)

I'm going for another 2-1 win which puts us into a positive goal difference and into the 20 goals scored for the season
Agree on all fronts. Looking forward to it. Feels like we might finally have turned a corner. I said that after Burnley away though.

Hopefully Rashford will step up now rather than double down. When he gets his chance. Same team again on Saturday please.

Unread 07-12-2023, 02:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
because we concede way too many chances and we can no more rely on the opposition missing them than we can rely on The Scottish Player to score two every game.

we were not in control of that game at any point.
That’s a great way to put. It’s hard not to be impressed and supportive of a player who scores both goals in a 2-1 win, but nothing has changed. He’s always been good at that. He’s never been good at the rest and we were happy to sell him in the summer because of it.

Now the dynamic of McFred has been broken up, we are playing more to his strengths, but the midfield still feels compromised with him there.

It’s not a slight on him. It’s just the player he is. He’s a good pro with some strong attributes. He is not a central midfielder for any team looking to control a game.