Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:13 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Injury Update:

Fabio - Calf, will miss Tuesday
Welbeck - Knock on Ankle, will miss Tuesday
Ronaldo was ill, should be alright.

Fabio was very impressive, Tosic did ok when he came on aswell and was nice to see a good free kick with pace for once.

Were in the hat for the next round and i hope we get Chelsea

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It was Tosic's debut. He was probably a little bit nervous and with us being 2-1 up, he didn't want to make any mistakes.

I thought he did ok. Whipped in a cracking free kick, tracked back well etc.
He seems to have a decent touch and they're all positive imo because with our injuries, he may well be needed sooner rather than later.
Yeah, I wasn't having a go at him like, as someone else said it was probably partly because he'd been told to keep the ball too.

Looks to offer us something different from Nani anyway, was nice to see someone out there who looks like they're just as happy to pass it as run down the nearest blind alley.

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:38 PM
magic_cantona

Very happy with that performance.

Fabio

Berbs and the Tevster were superb.

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:38 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Injury Update:

Fabio - Calf, will miss Tuesday
Welbeck - Knock on Ankle, will miss Tuesday
Ronaldo was ill, should be alright.

Fabio was very impressive, Tosic did ok when he came on aswell and was nice to see a good free kick with pace for once.

Were in the hat for the next round and i hope we get Chelsea
So probable one game absence only in the case of all three then? Whats the source mate by the way?

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:39 PM
red @rmy

We're not going to be able to field a full 11 at this rate.

What we need is a £#%&!ing battering of snow across the country with all games called off for a month.

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Tiberian

What do we have available for WBA?

VDS

Fletcher
Vidic
Neville
O'Shea

Ronaldo
Carrick
Scholes
Giggs

Berbatov
Tevez

PIG
Tosic
Possebon
Gibson
Eckersly
Chester
Petrucci?

Al the players out and Utd can still field a side of that quality, pretty impressive.

Will be a tricky match, Scholes may struggle to play twice in 3 days, but with no other full backs bar Eckersly we may be forced to play Fletcher right back.

Very little on the bench, Will Nani be back?

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:40 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
So probable one game absence only in the case of all three then? Whats the source mate by the way?
SAF, MUTV.

He said Ronaldo should be fine, called in doctors this morning regarding a bug he's got and to be honest he did not look like he could play, thought he was very quiet.

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:41 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
What do we have available for WBA?

VDS

Fletcher
Vidic
Neville
O'Shea

Ronaldo
Carrick
Scholes
Giggs

Berbatov
Tevez

PIG
Tosic
Possebon
Gibson
Eckersly
Chester
Petrucci?

Al the players out and Utd can still field a side of that quality, pretty impressive.

Will be a tricky match, Scholes may struggle to play twice in 3 days, but with no other full backs bar Eckersly we may be forced to play Fletcher right back.

Very little on the bench, Will Nani be back?
Actually when you map it out like that it doesnt look too bad subject to the point you make on scholes.

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:44 PM
red @rmy

No coincidence that Tevez is looking sharper with a nice run in the side.

Thought he was excelllent tonight.

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing hell, the commentators couldn't have been anymore pro-Spurs if they had been singing 'When the Spurs go marching in'
Tyldesley was watching a different match from me - for the first half an hour he kept going on about how assured Spurs looked when I saw a team-defending desperately with last-ditch tackles/blocks. They were lucky to to concede 4 in the first half.

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
Actually when you map it out like that it doesnt look too bad subject to the point you make on scholes.
Especially away from home Fergie may have wanted to put Fletcher alongside Carrick, but circumstances rule, Giggs was saved today for that game

Brown
Rio
Evans
Evra
Park
Anderson
Hargreaves
Nani
Wellbeck
Rooney

Fabio
rafael

Add a GK and that is a side that we would expect to win most games in the league and they are all injured at the same time

l

Unread 24-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Coracao

One 'L' in Welbeck.

It is my new pet hate

Unread 24-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wonder, as Carrick's pass flighted it's way onto Berbatov's toe before being despatched into the bottom corner by the Bulgarian, whether Daniel Levy was thinking about the £55m he got for the 2 players, or wondering what might have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
He was, played a great first touch pass to Tevez in the box.
Cracking pass.

I was very impressed with Tosic. A lot of the time he was getting the ball he had someone right up his backside but he never gave the ball.

Maybe he is a bit lightweight but at the same time nailing the weights may harm his natural agility, balance and speed over a short distance. Like Giggs, his game isn't based around power.
Closed Thread