Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Don't shoot me down.
Bit I reckon he slows our play down.
We lacked a leader today.

But was impressed with Rooney trying to rally the troops.

Kagawa bit meh for me today.
Did ok but nothing special. No way should he be dropped though!

Of more concern today was Van Persie's body language, he looked like a Dutchman at a World Cup.

Unread 26-10-2013, 10:24 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
Did ok but nothing special. No way should he be dropped though!

Of more concern today was Van Persie's body language, he looked like a Dutchman at a World Cup.
Look out for him when it went to 2-2. Rallying the team.
New captain imo.

Unread 26-10-2013, 10:32 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Look out for him when it went to 2-2. Rallying the team.
New captain imo.
Again, he was in midfield.

Just thought further forward he offered nothing.

Unread 26-10-2013, 10:35 PM
armchair

Brilliant player but playing him on the wing is pointless. Only time we looked good in midfield today was when we had carrick, adnan, shinji and roons in there. One midfielder and 3 attackers. Play on players.

Unread 26-10-2013, 10:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Brilliant player but playing him on the wing is pointless. Only time we looked good in midfield today was when we had carrick, adnan, shinji and roons in there. One midfielder and 3 attackers. Play on players.
That's because as with everything else that's gone wrong, our midfield is £#%&!ing terrible. Get that right and players everyone's been slagging off will suddenly look good again. Our midfield is a cancer.

Unread 26-10-2013, 10:54 PM
red in cumbria

One of the few in the first half who didn't deserve taking out and shooting. I will admit he mostly vanished later - but if he is never given a consistent run in the team, is that surprising?

Unread 26-10-2013, 10:58 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That's because as with everything else that's gone wrong, our midfield is £#%&!ing terrible. Get that right and players everyone's been slagging off will suddenly look good again. Our midfield is a cancer.
what i'm saying is once we got numbers in there, even though they were mainly attackers, we looked far better. This two in midfield with wingers bs was found out years ago. All it gets us is embarrassed at the highest level (and in fact various levels below that)

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
what i'm saying is once we got numbers in there, even though they were mainly attackers, we looked far better. This two in midfield with wingers bs was found out years ago. All it gets us is embarrassed at the highest level (and in fact various levels below that)
Confirmed. Moyes is in a bit of quandry now because we really can't move forward playing 4-4-2. We look awful playing that way; woefully disjointed, our centre midfielders miles behind our forwards all the time and we get continually over-run.

But he's backed himself into a corner with trying to keep Rooney and Van Persie happy all the time.

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Sneintzville

Kagawa is my favorite player but he looked a bit lost out there today, i was surprised he wasn't subbed to be fair but i was glad he got 90mins in because he needs it, i truly believe he will get better as the season goes, he just needs a goal to get his confidence up.

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Jack Duckworth

not seen anything to justify the hype, but it's still early days yet tbf.

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:19 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneintzville
Kagawa is my favorite player
:bi:

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
:bi:

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Michael Myers

I still think he might come good...

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Confirmed. Moyes is in a bit of quandry now because we really can't move forward playing 4-4-2. We look awful playing that way; woefully disjointed, our centre midfielders miles behind our forwards all the time and we get continually over-run.

But he's backed himself into a corner with trying to keep Rooney and Van Persie happy all the time.
They are our two best players, so we have to find a system that suits them both. But 4-3-3 is unviable with our horrendously poor midfield.

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:37 PM
armchair

Honestly I'd have kaggers, roons and rvp in my starting 11. two of those can fill space in midfield when needs be.

I think we're a bit hung up on some sort of static idea that you have a passer and a tackler in midfield and then everyone else stays out of the area.

Flood midfield, win the ball and then allow your creative players play.

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Honestly I'd have kaggers, roons and rvp in my starting 11. two of those can fill space in midfield when needs be.

I think we're a bit hung up on some sort of static idea that you have a passer and a tackler in midfield and then everyone else stays out of the area.

Flood midfield, win the ball and then allow your creative players play.
This is it, because we've neglected midfield so long we play like it doesn't exist and it's not important. But it is, it is.

Unread 27-10-2013, 01:13 AM
thrush

He went to Dortmunf for 350000 euros with good reason, he's £#%&!ing shit. I don't care how well he played in a joke of a league for 6 months.

Thankfully, some of the Kagawa bedwetters are starting to realise his lack of ability.

Unread 27-10-2013, 01:16 AM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
He went to Dortmunf for 350000 euros with good reason, he's £#%&!ing shit. I don't care how well he played in a joke of a league for 6 months.

Thankfully, some of the Kagawa bedwetters are starting to realise his lack of ability.

Unread 27-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush

He was there for two years you stupid @#%&! and won back to back bundesliga titles.

Unread 27-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Rooney was the only £#%&!er who wanted it today.

I'd have Rooney by my side in the trenches.
Me too, would look great with a Luger.
Closed Thread