Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
That’s Mr Bunker Buster to you son
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The Mr Bunker Buster?

He'll probably say it's Sir Bunker Buster

He'll be along soon enough to tell us about something amazing he's done in his life and how he tuned down a knighthood or some shit.
You wanna stop ganging up on Bunks lads? Cheers.

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Look pal, he posted something and you called it out....

He provided direct links from journos....

You dispute this after posting numerous actual threads from the same / weaker sources....

Maybe fuzzy was right, you’re gone..

This is the afterlife

Smilies
AK now

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Still back the manager, but he would want to take his head out of his arse sharpish........... Pogba should never be played in a 2.. At Juventus he always played in a 3, Matic, another midfielder and either Pogba or Lingard to make up a 3, Valencia, Smalling, Jones and Young have to be f***ed off in the summer, they are shit and always have been. Why is Valencia captain ? If we are that lacking in leaders then give it to our keeper who is our best player,,
He was a kid at Juve with great midfielders around him. Not absurd to hope that he would mature and develop his all round game to the point where he could play a more structured game. Regressed if anything, little interest in the defensive side of the game, and he has been shit in a 3 plenty of times too. Lingard played so deep yesterday it might as as well have been a midfield 3 with Pogba in his special area on the left which apparently enables him to run and make better decisions.

I was afraid he would end up our Gerrard would kill for him to get to that level now.

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Look pal, he posted something and you called it out....

He provided direct links from journos....

You dispute this after posting numerous actual threads from the same / weaker sources....

Maybe fuzzy was right, you’re gone..

This is the afterlife

Smilies
I called out that I didn't believe Ed Woodward briefed the press about LVG and the links siders provided didn't do anything to change my mind. I'll admit I didn't read them all and only the quote he put up

I posted threads about possible transfers, which of course may well be bullshit. But I didn't claim that the journalist who printed the stories had been briefed by a club employee

Of course that didn't stop you with your constant waffling of "Hu....he....hi...heeeeeeaaaad shot" (a grown man) or what ever it was you posted

As I stated in my first post, IMO it's far more likely Guardiola didn't want the United job because he saw the mess we were in and Ill stick by that until I see actual proof and not some gossip from a journalist, even if he is Fred's favourite journo

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Buck

Quote:
I called out that I didn't believe Ed Woodward briefed the press about LVG and the links siders provided didn't do anything to change my mind. I'll admit I didn't read them all and only the quote he put up

I posted threads about possible transfers, which of course may well be bullshit. But I didn't claim that the journalist who printed the stories had been briefed by a club employee

Of course that didn't stop you with your constant waffling of "Hu....he....hi...heeeeeeaaaad shot" (a grown man) or what ever it was you posted

As I stated in my first post, IMO it's far more likely Guardiola didn't want the United job because he saw the mess we were in and Ill stick by that until I see actual proof and not some gossip from a journalist, even if he is Fred's favourite journo
Resign from the internet

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Resign from the internet
Get off siders/Bunks dick.

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:20 PM
windy waffles

To think someone once thought AK14 was me.

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
To think someone once thought AK14 was me.
Was it Koppas?

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Buck

Quote:
Get off siders/Bunks dick.

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Don't pal

Not Fergie

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Imagine this place when city and Liverpool are about to kick off in the European cup final. Jesus it’s going to be a war zone.

Well, that's given me my first real laugh since yesterday's match. Well done pal

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He was a kid at Juve with great midfielders around him. Not absurd to hope that he would mature and develop his all round game to the point where he could play a more structured game. Regressed if anything, little interest in the defensive side of the game, and he has been shit in a 3 plenty of times too. Lingard played so deep yesterday it might as as well have been a midfield 3 with Pogba in his special area on the left which apparently enables him to run and make better decisions.

I was afraid he would end up our Gerrard would kill for him to get to that level now.
not having that tibbles. valencia - carrick - matic is a midfield. lingard - matic - pogba is matic covering the midfield.

Unread 12-02-2018, 06:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not having that tibbles. valencia - carrick - matic is a midfield. lingard - matic - pogba is matic covering the midfield.
Or Matic not covering the midfield

Unread 12-02-2018, 06:14 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Matic has been poor recently, which is worrying.

Hope he's not caught the United shitc*** virus. Look at what it did to Lukaku.
What did it do the Lukaku? Replicate him as exactly the same player he has always been?

Unread 12-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
What did it do the Lukaku? Replicate him as exactly the same player he has always been?
To be fair, he was scoring a lot of goals in the first few league games.

Unread 12-02-2018, 09:37 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
To be fair, he was scoring a lot of goals in the first few league games.
Against shit. Now he can't even do that.

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Barcelona and Real Madrid change their manager every couple of years. It hasn’t done them any harm.
That’s because they are only first team managers and responsible for that aspect of the club only. They maintain stability with a general manager running everything outside the first team. It’s like Fergie changing his assistant.

Quote:
I’d rather become like that than be like Arsenal who stick with failures
Other than last season, he hasn’t been a failure in his employer’s eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
His choices sometimes stagger me. He’ll not trust Lindof but gave Heskey game after game when he was stinking the place out.
Man management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I know that you generally prefer to post aggressive antagonistic wummy posts to pass the time but if you can just step back for a min, are you ok with shit like yesterday?
Is mourinho?
If you’re not happy and you’re in a position of power to change it, how do you do so and how long does it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If we won the champions league with that defence and midfield it would probably rank as the biggest achievement i've seen.
Half the fan base would moan about the tactics he’d have to employ to give us a chance to win it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Even with a much poorer squad we were a well coached side who did a lot of the basics quite well and ended the season on a high with the youngsters thriving.
We ended on a high because the mutiny was over and the players had got their way. When rashford got in the team red issue reported one of the senior players told him to ignore everything van gaal told him to do. So giving van gaal the credit for the last few months and the youngsters thriving seems a bit of a stretch. He’d have never been sacked if the scenario you describe was down to van gaal.

As for doing the basics well, what were they? Passing it square and backwards for 90 minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yes, but as you know Manchester United don't have a plan. We have a bunch of reactionary marketing suits in charge.

Personally, I don't think Guardiola is one bit arsed about managing Manchester United, never was. Ferguson tried to tap him up didn't he before he retired and from what i can gather he greeted it with all the enthusiasm of someone being asked to jam a compass in their eye.

Mourinho may not be doing a great job at the moment but at least he's always wanted to be United manager. Shame he appears to be making a bit of a pig's arse of it right now.
That’s the official story. I recall the reporting on red issue at the time was that Fergie convinced guardiola that the job wouldn’t be available so he took the Munich job. 2009 was the first time red issue mentioned moyes being Fergie’s choice to succeed him. So the idea he tapped guardiola or anyone else up is revisionist nonsense because of how moyes turned out. What Ferguson did was clear the path and engineer his man into place.

Quote:
That's what Fergie suggests. But as much as I love Fergie I wouldn't trust a word he says

Guardiola isn't a red, obvs. But he should have been the objective and he wasn't. That is unforgivable. I remember even as late as winter 2015 Bayern were briefing the local papers that they were worried that United were the most likely suitors as they felt he wanted it.

But as you suggest, we never had a plan. Well, not one we were committed to anyway. Giggs went from nowhere near the running, to the next manager in-waiting, to being released from the club all in the space of two years without even getting the job.
Because of internal in fighting over personal interests. Fergie wanted moyes. Fergie wanted giggs. Others wanted mourinho. Edwards, who for some reason still has influence, was punting Simeone. So the club gets pushed and pulled between these competing interests.

If gill hadn’t have £#%&!ed off, I doubt moyes would have got the job. He always wanted someone with experience at the highest level. He’d supposedly wanted mourinho. The board supposedly didn’t think Woodward would be able to handle him. The showdown lead to Fergie winning after various threats.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Clownbones

Never should have got him

No style miserable.... and it's what he does

Sack in the summer and go all out for Pochetino. Positive, promotes youth, young and hungry. Spurs are on the up and exciting to watch.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
If that makes you feel better, pal

But Ed was briefing that LvG was a genius and wanted to extend his deal just 2/3 months before City announced Guardiola.
According to red issue peter Kenyon, mendes’ Business partner who was mourinho’s agent and had now got Woodward under his spell, was telling people the summer after van gaal’s first season not to be surprised to see van gaal sacked that season as he’d made a lot of enemies on the united board. If kenyon had that info, so did mourinho. So Woodward was briefing that as part of the in fighting and club politics.

So that season van gaal faced a player revolt, Fergie trying to get him out to install giggs and mourinho trying to get out of Chelsea so he could get the gig. Funnily enough, all giggs’ mates who’d been criticising van gaal all changed their tune when mourinho got out of Chelsea. According to red issue that was Ferguson orchestrating things and changed tack once he knew mourinho became available as the task changed from installing giggs as manager to stopping mourinho. That’s what a united manager faces whilst trying to make fundamental changes and build a team. These are supposed to be the people working in the best interests of man united.

I’d say Woodward was weak as shit.
Closed Thread