United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default So, who do you want to replace Carlos?

Looks like he's definitely off so who would you want to replace him? Seems McClair is favourite but i've heard Larry White and Eric mentioned too. Personally I think Larry would be brilliant if he'd be willing to give up an actual manager's position to be Fergie's assistant.

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Whalefish

Roberto Martínez

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:52 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Eric

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Roberto Martínez
Who he?

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Crumps

Larry for me too but I doubt he's going to give up managing a Champion's League side to become an assistant tbh.

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Larry for me too but I doubt he's going to give up managing a Champion's League side to become an assistant tbh.
I read today Martin Jol might've been first choice had he not taken over Hamburg.

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Who he?
He played for Wigan along side Jesus Seba and was once part of my Wigan team that won the PL & CL double on Championship Manager 2. Manages Swansea now.

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:55 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Rafa Nadal

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Crumps

Quote:
I read today Martin Jol might've been first choice had he not taken over Hamburg.
He was in the frame before he went Spurs too iirc. Don't think he has it in him to be a number 1 at a top club tbh but he's clearly a very good coach.

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
He played for Wigan along side Jesus Seba ans was once part of my Wigan team that won the PL & CL double on Championship Manager. Manages Swansea now.
Hmmmmm, not sure that makes him a strong candidate to be Fergie's assistant???? Whalers? Why him?

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:57 AM
J_RED

Simon "Larry" Grayson

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I like Brian McClair, I do, but to go from an assistant manager in Carlos Quieroz to Brian McClair would be quite worrying imo. Especially considering the impact CQ has had in his time at United.

Worrying times.

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Harri Jaffa

Wenger

Unread 07-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Hmmmmm, not sure that makes him a strong candidate to be Fergie's assistant???? Whalers? Why him?
Can't see Blanc coming in, although I would be all for it. Manages a rising team in France who he took into the CL.

As for someone like Martinez, fresh ideas. I don't want an in house promotion and I personally think Eric is a car crash waiting to happen.

Unread 07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I like Brian McClair, I do, but to go from an assistant manager in Carlos Quieroz to Brian McClair would be quite worrying imo. Especially considering the impact CQ has had in his time at United.

Worrying times.
I'm not too worried about the coaching side of things, Fergie has won trophies with all sorts of assistants. He won a CL with McClaren after all so that isn't a big issue for me. More of a worry is losing CQ's inflluence on transfers and the young players brought in from Portugal.

Unread 07-07-2008, 09:02 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Can't see Blanc coming in, although I would be all for it. Manages a rising team in France who he took into the CL.

As for someone like Martinez, fresh ideas. I don't want an in house promotion and I personally think Eric is a car crash waiting to happen.
-1000000 red points

Unread 07-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Question out of ignorance, but what has McClair done to get this position? I thought he was doing a pretty mediocre job with the reserves? Or maybe I've heard wrong.

Unread 07-07-2008, 09:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Eric coming in has a certain romance about it I s'pose but he has no coaching experience and hasn't been seriously involved in football for years. It has a bit of Keggy going back to the barcodes about it. I suspect you are correct about Larry by the way, why would he leave that situation. You may be right about Martinex, i don't know him but fergie does tend to know about the best coaches around, he tried to get David Moyes as assistant I seem to remember, when he was at Preston.

Unread 07-07-2008, 09:27 AM
puressence

brian kidd

Unread 07-07-2008, 09:28 AM
forzagarza

Paul Ince- I think he's proved himself at Blackburn now as the best black British manager of his generation and some other generations. It's time for him to step up outside the box.
Closed Thread