United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Coracao

Thumbs down Carlos Tevez - Never Again

Should never play upfront on his own. Several good balls played through today that either Saha or Rooney would have been on the end of, and not got knocked off.

Whilst I rate Tevez, he can't play this role.

Hopefully Saha will be fit ASAP, until he is, we will struggle to be beat any team. We have dominated 3 teams and come away with 2 points, which is £#%&!ing pathetic. I have laid off slagging them off for the first 2 matches, but it can't £#%&!ing go on.

I thought Hargreaves had a great game for someone who has played no football. Shit result though. A team who weren't in the game getting points off us again, for the third consecutive time.

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:37 PM
JakeB

He's nowhere near fit. Looked nothing like the fast, determined Tevez of last season and seasons before it.

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:38 PM
koppas

He isn't an out and out striker.

What did you expect?

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Sparky***

He's had no pre season, minimal training and has been basically chucked in at the deep end because of our crisis.

I'm angry too, but surely you can't fail to see how obvious that is?

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
He's nowhere near fit. Looked nothing like the fast, determined Tevez of last season and seasons before it.
He might be nowhere near fit, but he doesn't have that 'burst' that either Rooney or Saha have either. Which is no doubt why Fergie sees Tevez playing behind Rooney rather than infront.

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Coracao

Please note, my slagging is to the team as whole, rather than Tevez, who i just don't think is playing where he should be.

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Crumps

It wasn't a tactical decision ffs. I don't think he'll be playing up fron on his own if other first team forwards are anywhere near fit.

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:45 PM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Hopefully Saha will be fit ASAP, until he is, we will struggle to be beat any team.
I wouldn't pin your hopes on that lazy @#%&!

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:47 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin
If fergie won't buy Anelka then mr bump will determine whether we win the league or not.

Tevez and Rooney wil not work together imo.

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:54 PM
dunk

Tevez has a serious burst about him when fully fit. He and Rooney will dovetail beautifully(despite their appearances) add Ronaldo into the equation and you will see the most exciting and unstopable front 3 around.

Losing 1-0 to a deflected goal with a team including 3 new players, 2 of whom aren't fit, completing the match with 2 teenagers who aquited themselves well considering the complete lack of experience and keeping the opposition pushed so far back they still don't know who we had in goal is not something to be ashamed of.

We could've done no more.

We will @#%&! everyone at least once this season and will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Alan

He hasn't got any pace.

His game doesn't rely on that, clearly.

Personally I'm wondering what it relies on at all and why he was signed instead of one of those unfashionable things - a centre forward

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Tiberian

Not to be a kneejerker but i never understood why we wanted him, good player, but not really what we needed, he is an off striker, he might have been able to play as a typical CF in South America but against the physical pacy defenders that dominate this league he is not suited at all to the role. Good player, and with 2/3 more games behind him he may have come away with 2 goals today, but it is still a strange signing in my opinion.

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Enjoying Insanity

If Tevez is the answer, what's the £#%&!ing question ???

Name an average Argentinian striker who £#%&!ed up a chance in the last minute of the derby that my Nan could've scored ???

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Cantona's collar

Tevez played well today you set of whinging @#%&!s.

He is being asked to play in a position he is not suited to which is hard enough, throw in the fact that he isn't match fit and its hardly surprising he isn't razor sharp in front of goal.

He was one of our livliest players today and gave 100% throughout, along with Nani and Hargreaves he was one of our best players in what was a very good team performance.

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:57 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
If Tevez is the answer, what's the £#%&!ing question ???

Name an average Argentinian striker who £#%&!ed up a chance in the last minute of the derby that my Nan could've scored ???
congrats on the most stupid post of the day

Unread 19-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
congrats on the most stupid post of the day
Sorry, are Linfield not playing today ????

Unread 19-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Camel

un-£#%&!ing believable.

i suggest that the posters stating tevez is crap or has no pace etc needa slap in the chops to return their sensibilities.

a crap striker wouldn't get those chances.

it's his 2nd game for us.

he will be awesome for us this season. 20 goals min.

Unread 19-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
un-£#%&!ing believable.

i suggest that the posters stating tevez is crap or has no pace etc needa slap in the chops to return their sensibilities.

a crap striker wouldn't get those chances.

it's his 2nd game for us.

he will be awesome for us this season. 20 goals min.
Who said he was crap?

A striker with pace would have been through and away, surely?? He was away and got caught

Unread 19-08-2007, 05:27 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Who said he was crap?

A striker with pace would have been through and away, surely?? He was away and got caught

I don't think he has that much pace when fit, his game isn't about pace.

as you say he's not a striker, behind rooney or saha he will create a lot for us.

the biggest problem at the moment is the balance up front.

i'd almost say if nobody else is available stick campbell in before tevez as he'll at least be in his natural position, but fergie won't do that

we won't see the best of utd until mid september I would say, unless we buy a striker of course. we just need to hope and pray that we are still in touch at that point.
Closed Thread