United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:22 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yeah well, we can spend that arguing about the right back slot.

I'll look forward to it.

Who is your choice again? Just so I can spend this evening formulating a response...

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
This is welcome news.
Eh?

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Eh?
It is good news. I felt Tevez got nothing out of Dunne and Richards last season.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:25 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

I'll look forward to it.

Who is your choice again? Just so I can spend this evening formulating a response...
Well I have two possibilities. I think I'd prefer us to put Jonny Evans there, I know he hasn't played there but he has the pace, class and footballing intelligence to slot in there with ease. Obviously this aint gonna happen so I think I'd play Rafael and ask Fletch as part of that 3 to give him some support, cover and positional help out there.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
It is good news. I felt Tevez got nothing out of Dunne and Richards last season.
Yeah but you haven't exactly warmed to Berbie much?

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:27 PM
dodger

Quote:
Well I have two possibilities. I think I'd prefer us to put Jonny Evans there, I know he hasn't played there but he has the pace, class and footballing intelligence to slot in there with ease. Obviously this aint gonna happen so I think I'd play Rafael and ask Fletch as part of that 3 to give him some support, cover and positional help out there.
Both would be better options than O'Shea. I see Robhino is out of citeh's uefa game though so we may not have as much to worry about on that flank

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Yeah but you haven't exactly warmed to Berbie much?
Jury's still out alright, but the trial isn't over.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Both would be better options than O'Shea. I see Robhino is out of citeh's uefa game though so we may not have as much to worry about on that flank
SWP has apparantly been playing superbly recently. If a certaain irisher was playing wouldn't you put him on that side and tell him to run at him all day.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Jury's still out alright, but the trial isn't over.
Interesting, still is this the first game where you would say you want to see him in the starting XI?

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Interesting, still is this the first game where you would say you want to see him in the starting XI?
No way josé. I think the last time I said I'd like him not to start was the first time. Tevez in his pomp I'd prefer in big games. But he's far from his pomp.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:32 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I agree about giving Rafael some help if he plays. Although I think it should be Carrick covering, not Fletch. I wouldn't play someone who hasn't played there before (Evans) for someone who has been part of two pretty solid defensive displays on the road (O'Shea).

I can't see him not starting O'Shea.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
No way josé. I think the last time I said I'd like him not to start was the first time. Tevez in his pomp I'd prefer in big games. But he's far from his pomp.
Furry Muff.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I agree about giving Rafael some help if he plays. Although I think it should be Carrick covering, not Fletch. I wouldn't play someone who hasn't played there before (Evans) for someone who has been part of two pretty solid defensive displays on the road (O'Shea).

I can't see him not starting O'Shea.
Don't wanna go over old ground too much and agree O' Shea will play, they were solid displays against very negative home sides and not without their moments.

Anyway, as you say O' Shea'll play.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:42 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Don't wanna go over old ground too much and agree O' Shea will play, they were solid displays against very negative home sides and not without their moments.

Anyway, as you say O' Shea'll play.
I'm just going with the old 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' idea.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'm just going with the old 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' idea.
until it breaks.............................on Sunday.........................as SWP spends all day skipping past Shea..................

Anyway, front 6 is sorted.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:50 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
until it breaks.............................on Sunday.........................as SWP spends all day skipping past Shea..................

SWP could hurt any of our full backs. Sometimes the opposition will have players to worry about. No big deal. Hopefully we'll have too much of the ball for it to really matter.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
SWP could hurt any of our full backs. .
Well then, may as well make shea right back on a permanent basis.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:52 PM
dunk

Quote:

SWP could skip past any full back he likes, he couldn't cross a £#%&!ing road.

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
ben thats the post of the month.HTH.
cheers babe

Unread 27-11-2008, 01:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
SWP could skip past any full back he likes, he couldn't cross a £#%&!ing road.
He has been playing well so I've heard.
Closed Thread