Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-10-2007, 04:21 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I watch other games.............

I am normal....
Yeah, but not 15 games per weekend like those clowns are crackin' on they do. I basically will watch Liverpool or City until they go 1-0 up and then I turn over...

Unread 05-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Bunker Buster

No.

I wouldn't do that Nuts weekender.

Unread 05-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Whatever

Default looks like a press release

from their PR company with the sole aim of getting people to write about Nuts. And it's worked...

Unread 05-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Don't watch much football on TV - straining to block out the @#%&!s chatting shit so that i can hear the football match going on despite them is a very very poor second best; the replays and close-ups are £#%&!ing gash (enjoy the arty ones highlighting ball skills on foreign coverage more than our bullshit ones that are geared towards the talking heads trotting out the latest paper talk about the various people involved in the game); and you can't smell the action, or even see what's going on off the ball 9 times out of 10 anyway.

Virtually all these kick off times are because of Sky TV, make no mistake about it. But for their cash - from your pockets, and because of your viewing habits - the Uefa Cup would still be on a Tuesday, Sunday games would be far less usual again, and most probably Setanta wouldn't have been in the market.

Unread 05-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Spiffy

Your all getting on your high horse but at the end of the day, I bet you all have Sky and watch footie on the box. As long as they can charge a subscription and advertisers then they will carry on. Boycott Sky if you're really arsed. There is probably a lot of truth in what they say, who does actually care? It's been years since it was a working class mans game or the paying fan was the biggest source of income.

Unread 05-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Your all getting on your high horse but at the end of the day, I bet you all have Sky and watch footie on the box.
This is true.

Unread 05-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Wafty Crank

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Wouldn't be supised if it was followed by 'To share your views text 'numpty' to 8080 (texts charged at £1 plus standard network rate)'

Unread 05-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Your all getting on your high horse but at the end of the day, I bet you all have Sky and watch footie on the box. As long as they can charge a subscription and advertisers then they will carry on. Boycott Sky if you're really arsed. There is probably a lot of truth in what they say, who does actually care? It's been years since it was a working class mans game or the paying fan was the biggest source of income.
Don't have Sky, although if I'm bored I will watch football on the internet. Sacked Sky off when I moved house in 1999 though, couldn't stick it any more. Only thing I watched was the golf...

Unread 05-10-2007, 05:50 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Al, where's that from?

Unread 05-10-2007, 05:53 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Wouldn't be supised if it was followed by 'To share your views text 'numpty' to 8080 (texts charged at £1 plus standard network rate)'
I've just done that. I'm waiting fo a reply now.
Closed Thread