United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-07-2008, 08:55 AM
TheNew

Default Are spurs going to play hardball on Berbatov now?

I would £#%&!ing hate this to drag and drag and drag.

"Striker Dimitar Berbatov faces an anxious wait over his future after Tottenham indicated that they do not intend to negotiate with Manchester United or any other club. (The Guardian)"

Unread 16-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Did you see the picture of him smoking in the Guardian? He looks like a French gigilo. No thanks.

Unread 16-07-2008, 08:58 AM
plopborsky

I spoke to my mate again last night told me united are being cheap @#%&!s. He said its going to happen but we have to up our bid

Unread 16-07-2008, 09:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
I spoke to my mate again last night told me united are being cheap @#%&!s. He said its going to happen but we have to up our bid
Cheap @#%&!s? What exactly does this mean?

Unread 16-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Did you see the picture of him smoking in the Guardian? He looks like a French gigilo. No thanks.
ffs not another smoker. we'll have the unfittest front line in europe

Unread 16-07-2008, 09:58 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Cheap @#%&!s? What exactly does this mean?
well according to my mate they have a very very high valuation which they have told us over and over again to meet and we keep going back with bullshit offers

Unread 16-07-2008, 09:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
well according to my mate they have a very very high valuation which they have told us over and over again to meet and we keep going back with bullshit offers
Ah, that's different to being cheap isn't it though. We possibly just don't share their valuation. By the way, hasn't Gill made it clear no offer has been made.

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
ffs not another smoker. we'll have the unfittest front line in europe
Maybe, the coolest too though.

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:03 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Ah, that's different to being cheap isn't it though. We possibly just don't share their valuation. By the way, hasn't Gill made it clear no offer has been made.
we alwalys say that though, its going to happen unless something goes city-esc i know they want close to 30 mil for him i told my mate that he aint worth that he thinks he is, said at spurs they think of him that highly.

"The closest thing to cantona" -ploppy's mate

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
we alwalys say that though, its going to happen unless something goes city-esc i know they want close to 30 mil for him i told my mate that he aint worth that he thinks he is, said at spurs they think of him that highly.

"The closest thing to cantona" -ploppy's mate
Not wanting to pay £30 million for Berbatov does not make us "cheap @#%&!s" is my point, sensible I'd say. From memory, if we are or have bid for a player we don't deny it, we just keep schtum.

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Jack Duckworth

i wouldn't pay over 25 million for him. we should just tell them to take it or leave it.

one thing that puzzles me is that according to the papers, () if we do sign him, spurs want to sign either eto'o or santa cruz. if i'm being perfectly honest, i'd prefer one of them over berbatov, and they'd surely be cheaper?

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:10 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Not wanting to pay £30 million for Berbatov does not make us "cheap @#%&!s" is my point, sensible I'd say. From memory, if we are or have bid for a player we don't deny it, we just keep schtum.
my mates mate is on the board so its not someone that a builder and read it in the sun. We are close to signing we have asked to get it sorted by the weekend. I do agree with your comment about cheap @#%&!s, i would say that 25mil is not being cheap but they want more

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
my mates mate is on the board so its not someone that a builder and read it in the sun. We are close to signing we have asked to get it sorted by the weekend. I do agree with your comment about cheap @#%&!s, i would say that 25mil is not being cheap but they want more
Furry muff.

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Spiffy

Tottenham wont let him go on the cheap. Look how much they made us pay for Carrick. You can say he's worth it in hindsight but look how much they paid for him from West Ham. Tottenham will expect us to pay through the nose and they probably know we need a decent striker and he's first choice. Personally I hope that this is a smokescreen for Benzema or Huntlaar.

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:17 AM
MUFC One Love

Spurs know they have to sell him, if they keep him again for another season unhappy, he'll be worth a lot less next summer, and he'll only have 1 year left on his contract next summer, won't he?

Spurs will settle for a deal worth about £23 million IMO, with some of it add ons.

Don't know what to make of United, we're either skint, or not being held to ransom, I personally think we're skint.

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Tottenham wont let him go on the cheap. Look how much they made us pay for Carrick. You can say he's worth it in hindsight but look how much they paid for him from West Ham. Tottenham will expect us to pay through the nose and they probably know we need a decent striker and he's first choice. Personally I hope that this is a smokescreen for Benzema or Huntlaar.
If you think Spurs aren't gonna let Berbatov go on the cheap just think how much Lyon will want for Benzeme even if he wanted to sign for us rather than his stated preference Real.

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Spurs know they have to sell him, if they keep him again for another season unhappy, he'll be worth a lot less next summer, and he'll only have 1 year left on his contract next summer, won't he?

Spurs will settle for a deal worth about £23 million IMO, with some of it add ons.

Don't know what to make of United, we're either skint, or not being held to ransom, I personally think we're skint.
If he's got 2 years left now then £20M+ is crazy money. We should play hard ball and tell them we'll cope again with no striker and see what the price is next year and failing that get him on a free the season after. Tottenham will know that they wont get £#%&! all for him and will hopefully take a lower bid.

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

I wouldn't imagine The Hunter'd cost more than £20 million.

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
If you think Spurs aren't gonna let Berbatov go on the cheap just think how much Lyon will want for Benzeme even if he wanted to sign for us rather than his stated preference Real.
]
He's younger though and although I don't pretend to know £#%&! all about Benzema, isn't he considered better? If we've got £25M to spend, buy Benzema.

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
]
He's younger though and although I don't pretend to know £#%&! all about Benzema, isn't he considered better? If we've got £25M to spend, buy Benzema.
He is considered by some on here to be better. He's also just signed a new deal for Lyon, has stated he wants to p,lay for Real and you'd get laughed out of France bidding £25 million.
Closed Thread