United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

120k is not that far off the mark of what others are making. He's probably the best left back in the game today, top 5 for sure, at his playing peak and looking at a contract for a number of years, there is a good chance that this will be the most lucrative contract of his career therefore he is pushing for the best deal possible.

Dont compare it to rio, Evra hasnt skipped out of a doping test and been banned while on full pay prior to negotiations. Rio was a piss taking £#%&!er under the circumstances, evra is just doing what most other greedy modern footballers would do. The bastards.

Unread 29-01-2008, 10:52 AM
plopborsky

lets get this ferdinand shit correct he asked for a pay rise after failing a drug test sitting on his arse and doing £#%&! all for nearly a year then wanted 120k hence the reason he can get to £#%&!

Unread 29-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Whalefish

The story is a complete load of %@#$&!s. He's not after 120k at all but will get a hefty pay rise.

Unread 29-01-2008, 10:54 AM
marlo stansfield

a left back should earn no more than £60,000 a week.

if he wants more he can go and get it else where.

clichy is on about £25000 a week id assume.

ashleys coles £90000 a week salary is obscene as it is.

i hope this isnt true.

Unread 29-01-2008, 10:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The story is a complete load of %@#$&!s. He's not after 120k at all but will get a hefty pay rise.
Exactly. He's a left back so he aint gonna get paid the very top whack. He is top class though so they'll double his current pay or summat. Total non-story.

Unread 29-01-2008, 10:55 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

tell me more , tell more did he go all the way?

Unread 29-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
tell me more , tell more did he go all the way?
He showered before and after.

Not quite as clean as Eddie Murphy though.

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:03 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Daily Mirror
look: there are more quotes in my post than in the story. the mirror has always been abu - more than that, it's actively pro-arsenal. piers moron was a rabid arsenal supporter and nothing has changed in the paper's line since he left.

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
lets get this ferdinand shit correct he asked for a pay rise after failing a drug test sitting on his arse and doing £#%&! all for nearly a year then wanted 120k hence the reason he can get to £#%&!
And what?

So if you had been in the same situation at work, you wouldn't have wanted more money than you were already on come contract talks?

End of the day Rio is class, one of the best centre backs around at the moment, and best English centre back by quite some way.

But I suppose this uber red syndrome kicks in, where we have to call him WGT and slate him all the time

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

By the way according to the same paper, ronnie is on £110k a week. So this story is saying Evra wants £10 k a week more than him. It's drivel.

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:10 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
And what?

So if you had been in the same situation at work, you wouldn't have wanted more money than you were already on come contract talks?

End of the day Rio is class, one of the best centre backs around at the moment, and best English centre back by quite some way.

But I suppose this uber red syndrome kicks in, where we have to call him WGT and slate him all the time
woooo check you

I never said he was shit did i ???

I just thought the way he handled it was £#%&!ing digusting. Call me uber red whatever the £#%&! you want the club supported him after he £#%&!ed up and he held them to ransom like it or not.

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Qwertyuiop

The REAL story:-

Agent: Fancy a payrise Pat?
Evra: Sure
Agent: Hello? Mr Gill? Yes Its Pats agent, we would like <Dr Evil camera zoom> £120,000 a week! <litttle finger raised to mouth>
Gill: No dice chief.
Agent: MMnnya.
Agent to self: I have a cunning ruse!
Agent to friendly media hack: zOMG! wtf?!

<--To be continued-->

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Spiffy

It's things like this that make Wes Brown feel undervalued. He's a @#%&! apparently for wanting the going rate, as was Rio. Keane as has been stated was congratulated for holding out for loads of money. It's all down to whether the fans like them or not it would seem. I think we all agree that even his miserly £36K per week is enough for anyone reasonable. Personally I don't have an issue with him earning £120K per week if that's the going rate. I wish I could command that much.

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Whalefish

He doesn't want anywhere near 120k. Wes wanted a bit more than was being offered, agent (hardly daft) saw an opportunity and took it (Neville two weeks away etc, no international quality right back in reserve etc). He's staying too apparently so he gets what he wants and Fergie doesn't see the back of a player he doesn't want to lose. Everyone's a winner.

The Mirror story today is a load of shite.

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Lok

They should get every penny they can. When I go into my ask my boss for a pay rise I always ask for a stupid amount and we'll negotiate from their. Yes they're getting paid a shitload to do a job we'd all love to do but at the end of the day it's a job. And like me, they'll all work for the highest payer.

Evra's agent is probably expecting £60-70k per week and is just using some of the other players wages as a bargaining tool.

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:30 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-20302261/

Patrice Evra seeks hefty pay rise
Fergie cash pledge to Cristiano
By John Cross 29/01/2008

Patrice Evra is on a collision course with Manchester United after demanding a staggering £120,000-a-week contract.

United full-back Evra is demanding parity with the top earners at the club like Rio Ferdinand before he commits himself to stay at Old Trafford. Evra (right) who who joined United two years ago from Monaco for £5.5million, is currently on £36,000 a week and has just started talks about a new deal.

But the 26-year-old's demands have caused a major stand-off with the club after his representatives insisted he deserves to be among their top earners.

My, my what a quote filled story.

The really sad part is that they can make it up....and it wouldn't even take that long.

Look at it, you could write that in under 5 minutes.

Top quality 'Journalism'.

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
The really sad part is that they can make it up....and it wouldn't even take that long.

No the really sad thing is that anyone here puts any credence in it whatsoever.

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:46 AM
dodger

I don't believe a word of it but if he wants 120k a week he'll be sold. Simple as that. The economics of it don't make sense.
He could be replaced quite easily if you consider what his wages would cost over four years,what theycould pay somebody else and what he could be sold for in the summer.

Unread 29-01-2008, 11:47 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
No the really sad thing is that anyone here puts any credence in it whatsoever.
Well obviously, yes.

Unread 29-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Barracuda

'Hello, this is John Cross from the Daily Mirror - could I speak to David Gill please?'

'David Gill speaking, what can I do for you John?'

'Dave, just wondering how much Paddy Evra was asking for a week with his new contract ...'

'You're not going to believe this John, the greedy £#%&!er only wants £120K every £#%&!in' week - who does he think he is, Ashley £#%&!in Cole!'

'£#%&! me Dave, that's a bit steep - cheers for the info though, I'll stick it in the Mirror tomorrow.'

'No bother at all John, only too happy to help - catch you later'

How much more proof do you need, Evra eh - what a @#%&! ...
Closed Thread