United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
he has played less games that saha over the last 3 seasons...
A seriously understated stats, that is. The amount of shite Saha takes for not being fit, yet during the three and a half seasons he was here before this summer, he played more football than Hargreaves did at Munich. Rummenigge and co must still wonder how they got so much for him. They didn't even buy a defensive midfielder in the summer; he was replaced from within.

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:31 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
He was only meant to be out for two weeks
he went off against bolton and was supposed to be back by the end of march 2007

"gary picked up a knock but will be back in two weeks...."

its been more than 40 weeks.

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

I don't want hargreaves to play every game.

Tomorro should be right for Carrick and Anderson for sure, even if Hargreaves and Scholes would be ideal as well.

I just want whichever of the £#%&!ers isn't starting to be on the bench every week

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
A seriously understated stats, that is. The amount of shite Saha takes for not being fit, yet during the three and a half seasons he was here before this summer, he played more football than Hargreaves did at Munich. Rummenigge and co must still wonder how they got so much for him. They didn't even buy a defensive midfielder in the summer; he was replaced from within.
van bommel.

and he's £#%&! - they didn't even make the CL ffs

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
phil you know this is a joke.

we signed him for £17m.

how much did essien go for? how much did even diarra go for?

even when fit id say carrick is the better option alongside anderson until scholes come back...
I said I wasn't that keen on the lad arriving in the Summer not for that money anyway. My point is for the last two season he's had injury problems, why didn't this set off any alarm bells in the Summer rather than going ahead with the deal just because we'd courted him for 12 months prior? Even when he returned to the Munich squad last season he didn't last very long.

Essien went for £24million didn't he and Diarra was fairly expensive too. Not sure about his fee though.

I stand by what I said though, I feel he's been brought to play in specific matches. If we were playing in such a match tomorrow he'd start.

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:35 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
He was only meant to be out for two weeks

I still can't believe Park beat him back into the first team. Anyways, we'll see Nev soon enough, he ain't spent by a long way.

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
van bommel.

and he's £#%&! - they didn't even make the CL ffs
But van Bommel was signed a year before Hargreaves left. He was Ballack's replacement.

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
But van Bommel was signed a year before Hargreaves left. He was Ballack's replacement.
Bit of genius that.

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
yeah but you said Hargreaves wasn't even replaced as if that was a good thing!

van bommel was bedded in before they let hargreaves go anyhoo

talking of bayern, what's the story with Podolski?

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Whalefish

Apparently if they sign the striker they want (no idea who) Podolski can go out on loan.

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
talking of bayern, what's the story with Podolski?
I don't think he's quite as good as the Germans first thought he was. No domestic goals so far this season.

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:52 PM
£#%&! KFC

am really £#%&!ed off with the Hargreaves bollox

great player when he's fit but he's never fit is he

m aybe we should sign that @#%&! Mascherano

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
maybe we should sign that @#%&! Mascherano
What we should have done (and I did say it at the time) is buy Yaya Toure from Olympiakos for £3m after the World Cup.

Unread 11-01-2008, 05:00 PM
wiganste

Quote:
What we should have done (and I did say it at the time) is buy Yaya Toure from Olympiakos for £3m after the World Cup.
Well it was no good telling us at Fred Tissue. You should have got on the blower to Ferie.

Unread 11-01-2008, 05:03 PM
£#%&! KFC

he has the best United song around as well

maybe he'll be fit for the derby

Unread 11-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Whalefish

How's Toure doing for Barca this season? Are they using him as a defensive midfielder or has he got licence to play box to box? Haven't seen much of him tbh but what I have seen he has looked impressive.

Unread 11-01-2008, 05:17 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
How's Toure doing for Barca this season? Are they using him as a defensive midfielder or has he got licence to play box to box? Haven't seen much of him tbh but what I have seen he has looked impressive.
Plays in front of the back four, with Xavi and Deco alongside him (if fit). But he does get forward occasionally. From what I've seen, he's played well, but the team has been erratic at best this season. Looks a great player though.

Unread 11-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I don't think he's quite as good as the Germans first thought he was. No domestic goals so far this season.
Was meaning has there been a fall out? How is his ankle? He's been used at wide left a fair bit. Maybe they've seen the benefit this had had to Rooney's all-round game

United should be in for him if he's okay. £15m would get him no bother I reckon! A loan deal for starters? Why not?

Unread 11-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Serenity Now

I remember seeing a video from prior to the last World Cup where Podolski, dressed in trainers and casual clothing, went up against Beckenbauer in the Torwand on ZDF's Sportstudio. Der Kaiser had on a suit and dress shoes. Want to guess who won?

Unfortunately the clip no longer seems to be around. Was quite funny to see though. Do wonder what it says about the general level of technical quality in football today

Here's an example of the challenge for those who aren't familiar with it. This one features Franck Ribery:

Unread 11-01-2008, 07:04 PM
legendary saf

£#%&!ing hell.

£#%&! it anyway, home game v Newcastle.

Yet another game where hed be pointless, id use a low confidence Carrick ahead of Hargreaves even if he was fit.

As it was said last week, what a horrible waste of money. Sir Alex should have put the Hargreaves obsession to one side after he didnt get him in 2006.
Closed Thread