United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Very interesting the completely contrasting opinions here. He was either quality, or complete garbage.

Maybe we're all complete £#%&!wits?
quite possibly.

i like anderson and thought he did well last season, but i'm struggling to see how people can say his performance last night was quality

anyway, who gives a £#%&!? we won and are in the final

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Ginners

http://www.skysports.com/football/us...089381,00.html

sky player ratings as voted for by thousands of people.

1st. tevez.
2nd. anderson.
3rd. rafael

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:36 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
anyone who thinks anderson was crap last night knows nothing about football or how to play in midfield.

its a simple as that.
Fletcher>Anderson.

I know. £#%&!ing hilarious isn't it?

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:37 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Fletcher>Anderson.

I know. £#%&!ing hilarious isn't it?
thats an opinion

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
anyone who thinks anderson was crap last night knows nothing about football or how to play in midfield.

its a simple as that.
If you could see past your crush for him you'd see he added a lot of work and effort but his passing was generally flawed.

He's not on the form of last season, but he's only 21 or whatever and he's having second season syndrome to an effect.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:42 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
If you could see past your crush for him you'd see he added a lot of work and effort but his passing was generally flawed.

He's not on the form of last season, but he's only 21 or whatever and he's having second season syndrome to an effect.
Couple of good balls last night but his passing this season has been below his standards of last year.

Teams know about him now and he's having to adapt his game a little but he's a joy to watch.

He's always busy, looking to move the ball forward, he has a real drive and hunger. For me the team plays better when he does because he adds a real tempo to our game aswell.

I love watching him play.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I like watching him play too.

What I hate is taking sides of some players over others and then jumping headfirst into the internet everytime your point has any validity. It's pathetic.

Not you btw.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:43 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

his passing was quite good yesterday.

put wellbeck through on goal twice, some other nice through balls, had a few shots, kept things ticking in the midfield, probably got the best pass completion of all our midfielders and did some good defensive work especially when ronaldo came on.

p.s. 'added lot of work and effort but passing was flawed'
a korean superstar springs to mind.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:44 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
thats an opinion
It is mate. Fair play for not going bapeshit like I expected you to.

Since I might have got you on a good day I'll try a couple more.

- his passing has gone unbelievably downhill.
- his tackling is almost non-existent at times
- his goal threat remains zero
- he currently averages about one decent game in 10.
- never seems to star in games against utter shite, weirdly his best two games remain Arsenal and Liverpool away last season.

The most positive thing I can say about that lad at the moment is 'he has a good song'.

Needs to £#%&!ing shape himself or he'll be getting £#%&!ed off soon.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Sloane

i thought anderson was very good in parts last night didnt help him being put with gibson in the middle thats why i think he struggled on few occasions. if you think palacios is nearly four years older than anderson i think he should be given time without having to be subjected to 'hes shit' just because hes not from manchester. i doubt nicky butt would have got this much stick.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Whalefish

The passing bit is something I always have an issue with since Giggs is always quick to stress that a United player should always be looking for the forward pass, and should always keep at it even if the last one doesn't come off. It sounds too bloody obvious, and it is, but you still see plenty of young midfielders who get the ball down and opt for a sideways/backwards pass as opposed to trying to open up the other teams defence. Especially when under pressure, Anderson keeps at it and doesn't panic in tight situations.

He's had games this season when his passing has been abysmal, but that's also applied to other underperforming players - in midfield and up front. Last night I thought his passing was fine and whilst Gibson may (or may not) get a bit longer at Utd I did think we effectively had one central midfielder performing last night and that was Anderson.

He won't be getting £#%&!ed off anytime soon, not a chance. As mentioned the other day how many midfielders at his age are first choice in their engine room? There aren't many off the top of my head, Fabregas is the only one who immediately stands out. Mikel another.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:53 PM
wiganste

Oh, I'd like to point out that I have got high hopes of Anderson and he will be a top, top player for us. I just think he's under-performed (going off his high standards last season) so far this season.

I still think he'll finish his Utd career with zero goals

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:53 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
It is mate. Fair play for not going babeshit like I expected you to.

- his passing gone unbelievably downhill.
- never seems to star in games against utter shite, weirdly his best two games remain Arsenal and Liverpool away last season.

The most positive thing I can say about that lad at the moment is 'he has a good song'.

Im going to agree with the goal threat, but he's getting some on target now which is a bonus He's had chances for us, he's a team player and has the maturity not to panic and the awareness to pass if other players that are in a better position (Tevez goal vs Blackburn) and not take the greedy option.

Passing he's great, not the only player this season to give the ball away alot in games but if he gives the ball away he works his socks off to get it back.

Like I've said before, he's 21 and in his second season for us (which generally players struggle more) he's got a real career ahead of him and he's a joy to watch.

Who would you replace him with if we "£#%&!ed him off"?

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Whalefish

Talking

He's not the only one to underperform this season ste, all of the £#%&!ers have in the main.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:59 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Who would you replace him with if we "£#%&!ed him off"?
Truthfully? No idea. Whalefish is better on all that shite than me.

I'm just suggesting he might not be given the 4 or 5 years to develop like Fletcher has had the benefit of - based on the fact the step payments to Porto that'll become due as he racks up more games/team wins more titles.

I can see us flirting him off and cashing in if he doesn't start 'progressing' a bit more rapidly. Just my opinion...

marlo

Quote:
It is mate. Fair play for not going bapeshit like I expected you to.

- his passing has gone unbelievably downhill.

every has an opinion and you are entitle to it.

i know people who think steven gerrard is the best player in world and will come up with inaccurate points masked as facts and i wouldnt really argue with them.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

p.s. 'added lot of work and effort but passing was flawed'
a korean superstar springs to mind.
True. If Park was as strong as Anderson he would be as good. But then again he's asian and that's not cool for some people.

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:00 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He's not the only one to underperform this season ste, all of the £#%&!ers have in the main.
True.

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:02 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
all our players have been brilliant this season dont you know.

no one even remember some more senior members of our team having absolute stinkers. no one in our midfield has been consistent.

carrick the peoples favourite put in his worst shift ever against arsenal (a) for example.

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Truthfully? No idea. Whalefish is better on all that shite than me.
Not anymore. No time.

Bloody kids.
Closed Thread