United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:48 PM
rogieop

Default Re: Robbo, Keano...

we are turning into arsenal. slowly but surely.

plenty of ball players but struggle in the final third and are missing a bit of grit.

we are also wasting our time crossing the ball/taking corners.

if we were to pass every single corner to the closest opposition player and then hunt him down try to win the ball and score we'd get more goals than we do actually crossing our corners. its gotten that bad tbh fair.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:49 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
we are turning into arsenal. slowly but surely.

plenty of ball players but struggle in the final third and are missing a bit of grit.

we are also wasting our time crossing the ball/taking corners.

if we were to pass every single corner to the closest opposition player and then hunt him down try to win the ball and score we'd get more goals than we do actually crossing our corners. its gotten that bad tbh fair.
Justin Fashinu Rip peace

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:56 PM
wee man

We'll be fine. This was always a transitional season and we are doing ok. I think we'll take them out next week.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:58 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
We'll be fine. This was always a transitional season and we are doing ok. I think we'll take them out next week.
Not sure about the last two sentences but agree with the first

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:05 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Said the same in another thread. Turning into a team of @#%&! again.

Only really Vidic and Rooney who you'd call 'hardmen', and Rooney is constantly being told to tone that aspect of his game down. Vidic is £#%&!ing off.
Valencia looks nails. Bellamy tried to take him out, but just bounced of him. But I agree with the general point, too many @#%&! in the current side. Give me the days of four or five of our players hounding the refs and threatening opposition players any day

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Not sure about the last two sentences but agree with the first

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:09 AM
taff

to me, this team is suffering from having achieved a lot so early on in its lifespan - most notably 2008 - and we've been stricken by the complacency that subsequently set in. just like keane pointed out after the treble season. only problem is now we don't have a figurehead like keane to point it out, and tell them to pull their £#%&!ing fingers out. hence why we frequently go down with a whimper. y/n

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:15 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
to me, this team is suffering from having achieved a lot so early on in its lifespan - most notably 2008 - and we've been stricken by the complacency that subsequently set in. just like keane pointed out after the treble season. only problem is now we don't have a figurehead like keane to point it out, and tell them to pull their £#%&!ing fingers out. hence why we frequently go down with a whimper. y/n
There's quite a bit of crap in the squad tbh and the deficiencies that were apparent last season have only been made worse by Ronaldo's departure and the failure to bring in any decent alternative(s) in the summer. However, we have a core of very good players around whom another great team can be built. Rooney, Evra, Twins, Valencia, Fletcher, Evans...but with the current state of the club, I just don't see it happening.

Expect minimum investment to keep us in the top 4 and get us to the KO rounds of the CL. It works for Arsenal and the money will still poor in. Wonderful

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:35 AM
MIFF

Talking Re: Robbo, Keano...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
There's quite a bit of crap in the squad tbh and the deficiencies that were apparent last season have only been made worse by Ronaldo's departure and the failure to bring in any decent alternative(s) in the summer. However, we have a core of very good players around whom another great team can be built. Rooney, Evra, Twins, Valencia, Fletcher, Evans...but with the current state of the club, I just don't see it happening.

Expect minimum investment to keep us in the top 4 and get us to the KO rounds of the CL. It works for Arsenal and the money will still poor in. Wonderful
Great! Sounds sad but true. But would love to see united combine their skill with a bit of good old fashioned angryness next week

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:40 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Because we have the likes of Carrick cuddling instead.

Tevez' tackle on Brown was a £#%&!ing disgrace. In years gone by a few United players would have made a few equally tasty tackles. We just don't have that anymore.
Absolutely.
I made this point after the Leeds game.

We have players with a temper - Wayne, Wes, Fletch, Scholesy etc... but they tend to just get sent off if they look for a bit of revenge!

I'd loved to have had Keano in his prime out there after Bellamy made those snide challenges on Valencia & Rafa towards the end of the first half.
Bellamy would have £#%&!ing known about it.

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:42 AM
armchair

tevez didn't even get brown properly

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:41 AM
eddie_red

I watched an old derby the other day and regardless of what people think of them now, it was great to see Hughes and Ince giving as good as they got in those games.

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Zorg

Tevez is a thick @#%&!. Whatever the ins and outs, you little troll-faced shite, you went to city. Go from Barca to Real for whatever reason and you get a pig's head thrown at you. What does he expect, a £#%&!ing round of applause?

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:11 AM
PaulParkers

We're a team of £#%&!ing poofters now bar Rooney. I dont understand why people say Vidic is hard, thats one of the biggest myths in football, hes a proper fanny.

I'm so angry today its untrue.

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Jez Quigley

The way we are now I expect Russell T Davies to be the next manager and OT to be renamed The Blue Oyster Bar

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Kwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
We're a team of £#%&!ing poofters now bar Rooney. I dont understand why people say Vidic is hard, thats one of the biggest myths in football, hes a proper fanny.

I'm so angry today its untrue.

Unread 20-01-2010, 10:01 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
I dont understand why people say Vidic is hard, thats one of the biggest myths in football, hes a proper fanny.
totally agree.
Closed Thread