United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:33 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Michael Owen and ......................???

nft.
John O'Shea?

Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
i'd be surprised to see O'Shea go. fergie likes to have a few local players in the squad, which is fair enough.

Pique, Saha and Mickey are my favourites to go. nft.
He's from Ireland, nft.

El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
He's from Ireland, nft.
you know what i mean! nft.

Whalefish

I'd keep Tweetie over O'Shea.

In my £#%&!ing opinion.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:34 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
So would I but Pique is wanted by Spains top clubs, it will be hard to convince him to stay as 3rd choice.
O'Shea is not needed now due to the 7 subs rule but I bet he will stay here and take the place of our talented young players.
I don't like Real much either but that on what basis other than moral do you claim that?

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Wouldn't make much sense to sell them both imo. Don't want O' Shea anywhere near centreback.personally i'd keep em both and £#%&! O Shea and Silvestre off.
Depends who's coming in. If a right back and centre back come in, which is not unbelievable, then it wouldn't be bad. Seen nothing of either Evans or
Pique to suggest they are capable of playing for a defense which wants to be Europe's finest. Which it is. Call me spoilt, but don't call me shirley.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:36 PM
redrose

Quote:
He's from Ireland, nft.
But he now lives locally, whereas Ronny commutes every day from Madeira, Abderson from Brazil and Nani from his Neverland ranch

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Billy Baroo

please use sticky transfer thread

is there a merger who can oblige?

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Depends who's coming in. If a right back and centre back come in, which is not unbelievable, then it wouldn't be bad. Seen nothing of either Evans or
Pique to suggest they are capable of playing for a defense which wants to be Europe's finest. Which it is. Call me spoilt, but don't call me shirley.
Can't see us getting a centereback better than Pique in as backup to Vidic and Rio personally. Not sure about Evans, haven't seen much of him recently, hedid look quality in the past.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:38 PM
mr.sitter

john ottway...at least he'll be really free

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Whalefish

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo

Fascist!

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Fascist!
Agreed. I wont trawl through 12 pages of transfer speculation and 28 pages of arguments between Marlo, Betty's and Bedders just to see we've been linked with someone. If he wants to tidy up the forum, might I suggest threads about each player so we can BTTT them each time we're linked. EG A thread for Benezema, one for Gerrard, one for Messi etc.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:47 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:

I thought you had ninja mod skills

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Agreed. I wont trawl through 12 pages of transfer speculation and 28 pages of arguments between Marlo, Betty's and Bedders just to see we've been linked with someone. If he wants to tidy up the forum, might I suggest threads about each player so we can BTTT them each time we're linked. EG A thread for Benezema, one for Gerrard, one for Messi etc.
no

how do you like them apples?

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
no

Not really an apple fan. OK let's go with your idea and everyone can completely ignore it. I'll give it 2 hours before people £#%&! it off and start a different thread. Any chance of a vbet?

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:

Delicious. Best apples a (wo)man can buy.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Tiberian

Would be sad to see Pique go, bar acceleration he has everything a top center half needs, with the added bonus of excellent ability on the ball. For me he is a superior player to Evans and performed well when Vidic was out.

Can also right back and defensive midfield, O'Shea should go before Pique.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Whalefish

If Pique leaves it's more a case of the lad wanting out IMO, than Utd wanting rid.

Only got a year left on his contract too.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:56 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
If Pique leaves it's more a case of the lad wanting out IMO, than Utd wanting rid.

hence only getting £4m for him. nft.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

What kind of a message does this send to our youth team though? We lost Rossi last year, Pique this year whilst keeping arguably less talented people around. What's wrong with people who live and breathe United, have grown up with the club and are settled in the area? It's crazy man.
Closed Thread