United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2018, 10:49 AM
andyroo

You can add one Europa League-tied player to the squad but no more, I think.

So potentially Sánchez or Özil but not both...

Unread 12-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Part 36 Offer

United signing absolutely £#%&!ing no one the useless @#%&!s

Unread 12-01-2018, 10:53 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

I see Keown last night was saying how they can't sell him to us but okay for City.

Clinging onto the last remains of a one-sided rivalry of the good old days.

Unread 12-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Sterling work, rooerers.

Did wonder.

Unread 12-01-2018, 10:54 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Unread 12-01-2018, 10:57 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

First sentence is correct, but Ozil hasn't played in the Europa League for Arsenal this season, so in theory you could sign both and play both in the Champions League.

I imagine its more likely we'll sign neither.

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:04 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
First sentence is correct, but Ozil hasn't played in the Europa League for Arsenal this season, so in theory you could sign both and play both in the Champions League.
Cheers, didn't know that.

Quote:
Quite

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Sandman

Quote:
United signing absolutely f***ing no one the useless c***s
It's the right decision, any board with sense would be asking serious questons about the management of the squad we have. We've spent more than enough, and there's enough quality there, for us to be able to play a brand of football that's befitting of a club of our stature.

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:08 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

Probably. Can't say the club aren't looking to do business though, as they are.

To buy the level of quality we want to buy during a season is difficult.

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
To buy the level of quality we want to buy during a season is difficult.
Agreed, although both Sanchez and Ozil are gettable for about £50m. Not often two players of that quality, both used to the league and both able to play in the Champions League are available in January.

Whether we want to be signing two players approaching 30 is another matter. But I doubt this opportunity will come around again any time soon.

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:17 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Agreed, although both Sanchez and Ozil are gettable for about £50m. Not often two players of that quality, both used to the league and both able to play in the Champions League are available in January.

Whether we want to be signing two players approaching 30 is another matter. But I doubt this opportunity will come around again any time soon.
United are in for Sanchez. Problem is Arsenal don't want to sell unless they have a replacement agreed and the player has been tapped up for 18 months now, his first choice is City but Lukaku's was Chelsea.

Ozil sounds like a summer move, IF United can't get the top players they want first.

We could easily buy Walcott, van Dyke (for daft money) or some other shite clubs want rid of but we're in for the next level of quality where the competition is much tougher and clubs don't want to sell. United are trying though (Fred for example)

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:18 AM
AK14

Quote:
United are in for Sanchez. Problem is Arsenal don't want to sell unless they have a replacement agreed and the player has been tapped up for 18 months now, his first choice is City but Lukaku's was Chelsea.

Ozil sounds like a summer move, IF United can't get the top players they want first.

We could easily buy Walcott, van Dyke (for daft money) or some other shite clubs want rid of but we're in for the next level of quality where the competition is much tougher and clubs don't want to sell. United are trying though.
Club call

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

We could easily buy Walcott, van Dyke (for daft money) or some other shite clubs want rid of but we're in for the next level of quality where the competition is much tougher and clubs don't want to sell. United are trying though (Fred for example)
If City are Sanchez first choice it’s hard to see how this isn’t a waste of time.

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:26 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If City are Sanchez first choice it’s hard to see how this isn’t a waste of time.
the same happened with Chelsea when they went on a succesful run. Money and trophies is the most important thing for players. We will be back amongst it soon enough

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:26 AM
jem

Quote:
United are trying though
true dat.

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:33 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
That's the question.

Why are we in for a player who was set to sign for City in the summer and has been looked at as a done deal for months (for the summer) since?

IF agent was attempting to play United, club would've knocked it on it's head yesterday.

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:35 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
That's the question.

Why are we in for a player who was set to sign for City in the summer and has been looked at as a done deal for months (for the summer) since?

IF agent was attempting to play United, club would've knocked it on it's head yesterday.
United are idiots pal. Mourinho isn’t on the phone talking to these people - it’s Ed Woodward.

If it’s not Mendes or Raiola and he can chuck them £5m to do a deal I suspect he’s not got a clue.

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:38 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
United are idiots pal. Mourinho isn’t on the phone talking to these people - it’s Ed Woodward.

If it’s not Mendes or Raiola and he can chuck them £5m to do a deal I suspect he’s not got a clue.
But Mourinho wants Sanchez.

This isn't a Ed run operation, Mourinho wants Sanchez and Woodward is trying to make it happen with his representatives.

Also didn't Di Marzio say Mou phoned Wenger directly too?

Unread 12-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Cream

The only realistic selling point for United is that we can more or less guarantee him a start every game.

Otherwise, why bother signing for us over City? They'll pay more, and look to be heading for trophies galore.
Closed Thread