United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-12-2017, 02:01 PM
ziggyman17

Perisic was a player the manager wanted. The club would not go the extre mile to get him, that tells me he is not being backed 100%. Have the money he has spent has been on 2 players ( Pogba and Lukaku ) who are highly marketable which means a lot to those in charge, I would say there is alot going on behind the scenes that would make our toes curl. Mourinho is the right man for me now, grind out results and keep us competing, the bigger worry I have is how long the gimps will hang around for, coming up to 13 years next May...

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:33 PM
utd99

It could be that Mourinho is so highly strung that he’s lost it completely. I don’t want it to be true, but we could be seeing a continuation of the Chelsea breakdown rather than what I’d hoped, which was a clean slate and a more mature, chastened man. Whatever’s going on, there is definitely not any air of stability about us at the moment; it all feels so £#%&!ing temporary, and he’s definitely part of that.

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Lok

The squad is bloated with so many players that add absolutely nothing. Proper wet-the-bed @#%&!s who have no sense of urgency and just continue to steal a living.

Obviously this is the point where I highlight Blind as a good example but we're polluted with these @#%&!s.

Where are the winners? Where are the people who go home after a defeat and hurt for days? Why doesn't it matter enough to them? We can talk about generation gaps etc... and I know players of the right mentality are few and far between but our lot take the piss.

I'd kill for a Keane, Robson etc... in this team who would dig out the snowflakes.

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:39 PM
andyroo

Drill for oil.

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It could be that Mourinho is so highly strung that he’s lost it completely. I don’t want it to be true, but we could be seeing a continuation of the Chelsea breakdown rather than what I’d hoped, which was a clean slate and a more mature, chastened man. Whatever’s going on, there is definitely not any air of stability about us at the moment; it all feels so £#%&!ing temporary, and he’s definitely part of that.
How true.. him only ever staying anywhere for 3 years max kind of builds into that though. We're halfway through his longest tenure anywhere, ever.. hardly fills you with confidence for the long term

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:43 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Awful transfer record. We have spent a shed load of money but most has been wasted. Hardly surprising that Glazers/Woodward are reluctant to splurge again.
we have as many LVG signings left as Moyes that may actually get a game. those two £#%&!ed it - Moyes couldn't get players LVG picked all the wrong ones. until players like blind , darmian , miki (on Jose this one) , and the other tin men leave we'll not change.

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Perisic was a player the manager wanted. The club would not go the extre mile to get him, that tells me he is not being backed 100%. Have the money he has spent has been on 2 players ( Pogba and Lukaku ) who are highly marketable which means a lot to those in charge, I would say there is alot going on behind the scenes that would make our toes curl. Mourinho is the right man for me now, grind out results and keep us competing, the bigger worry I have is how long the gimps will hang around for, coming up to 13 years next May...
It's absolutely shocking how poor the delivery is from the wings. It needs to be addressed in January.

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Red Santos

Smash Capitalism.

Unread 21-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Complete overhaul, which in reality should take 3-5 years of which we're 18 months in. Unfortunately in the current World, 3-5 years isn't acceptable to 90% of the fan base, as City are doing the same in 12 months. LvG got 18 months into his 3 year plan and the fans turned, and it was no worse than it is now, just in a different manner. There is no quick fix without changing 60% of the playing staff and allowing the manager the power to do exactly what he sees fit to get the club to the top. As it stands, he can't do that, so he's doing what he does and aiming to grind out results, which is torturous to watch, especially when the c***s across the way are tripping the light fantastic...

I'm caught between sticking with Mourinho (and b***hing a lot along the way) and getting rid and bringing in someone braver, younger with a vision of what the club should be.

We need to stick with Jose, let him ride out his biggest challenge ever, and get shut of Woodward and get him some proper support in that area and a plan for the club further than the length of Mourinho's contract and attracting as many sponsors as possible..
We can't keep ditching managers halfway through jobs.

We are frustrated because we're not as good as we think we should be, but the reality is that you need 4 or 5 Windows to turn this round. This doesn't make him blameless, but as long as he's achieving something, progressing us to some degree, we have to stick with him. Bring in someone else and they'd need the same amount of money and the same amount of time to get to the stage where we apparently lose patience.

He's doing ok. Not much more, not much less.

We really need to be more ruthless in the market, starting with more departures. As long as we're littered with shit@#%&!s, there's no real urgency to replace them.

And I'm not a Jose fan or detractor.

We'll have a better indication of where we are come the end of the season.

Unread 21-12-2017, 05:58 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Those Yank £#%&!s are going nowhere obviously.

People make a big deal of Perisic like we'd be a radically different team had we signed him. I really don't buy it. Besides, since when do managers get every player they want?

Unread 21-12-2017, 06:16 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Those Yank f***s are going nowhere obviously.

People make a big deal of Perisic like we'd be a radically different team had we signed him. I really don't buy it. Besides, since when do managers get every player they want?
Same , he must be Ronaldo 2. One guy , whom I don't remember ever seeing play for club or country.

Unread 21-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Wellinever

Default What is the real answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I have always believed (and will always) that Jose is the right man for the job but something just seems missing with the club. We've massively improved over the last two seasons but it's December and it already feels like all out hopes are pinned on winning the CL and trying to keep a respectable distance from City in second place.

Is it a case of a complete overhaul of the squad or are we just a player or two away from being complete? It's so confusing.

Although Jose's added some of his own players, the first team squad still contains a mix of players who were brought in by SAF, by Moyes and LvG, until he gets a squad with something like 90% of his own players the performances will remain patchy.

Its clear some players are not on the same 'wavelength', maybe don't want to be, some can't understand his thinking, have temperaments that Jose's doesn't like, or can't stand, etc.

Making ten changes for the Carabao quarter final was a nonsense, especially against a team as determined and capable as Bristol City

Unread 21-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Those Yank £#%&!s are going nowhere obviously.

Guardiola, last summer

Unread 21-12-2017, 06:31 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Guardiola, last summer
You're always going on about Pep Guardiola. Let it go, Lynn. You're never going to meet him.

Unread 21-12-2017, 06:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You're always going on about Pep Guardiola. Let it go, Lynn. You're never going to meet him.

Unread 21-12-2017, 06:33 PM
andyroo

If he wants to manage a different team can't he just £#%&! off and do it?

Unread 21-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever

Making ten changes for the Carabao quarter final was a nonsense, especially against a team as determined and capable as Bristol City

Unread 21-12-2017, 06:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Guardiola, last summer
Pretty sure Alexis Sanchez remains at Arsenal..

Unread 21-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Sandman

I'm not interested in seeing the end result of a Mourinho rebuild, you're deluding yourselves, and it's extremely unbecoming. Get him, and his brand of football as far away from United as possible.

Unread 21-12-2017, 07:07 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pretty sure Alexis Sanchez remains at Arsenal..
Must be why they're parking the bus all the time and all their attacking players' form has gone down the toilet.
Closed Thread