United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

that's the main thing.... if the others were in any kind of form, it would justifiable, but they currently can't retain possession or score.
Apart from in the last game where one of them scored two and the other scored one

Unread 27-03-2012, 10:12 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Maybe. It's just that leaving him out of the CL final was quite an aggressive move. I find it hard to believe Fergie would have done that if he planned on having him here beyond that summer.
it was suicidal on Fergie's part....there's no way that @#%&! mascherano would have been able to cope with Berbatov without being sent off

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
By definition then, they were not well taken chances. If they were, they'd have gone in. Having someone in your way trying to stop the ball going into the net is hardly a new obstacle for players to deal with. If you hit the keeper or allow him to save it, you've not taken your chance.
Yeah, by definition, but that's not the spirit of what I was getting at. The point was that a missed chance is not always 'squandered' because the keeper has saved it. 'Squandered' implies a BAD miss, I'm sure we'd agree - not EVERY miss or save is a result of a striker's error. Sometimes they hit a perfectly brilliant shot and it doesn't go in, i.e. Juan Mata v De Gea.

Unread 28-03-2012, 10:52 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Apart from in the last game where one of them scored two and the other scored one
yup. apart from that.

Unread 28-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Yeah, by definition, but that's not the spirit of what I was getting at. The point was that a missed chance is not always 'squandered' because the keeper has saved it. 'Squandered' implies a BAD miss, I'm sure we'd agree - not EVERY miss or save is a result of a striker's error. Sometimes they hit a perfectly brilliant shot and it doesn't go in, i.e. Juan Mata v De Gea.
Agreed, Point taken & understood

Unread 28-03-2012, 06:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
Agreed, Point taken & understood
Not seen you around for a bit, pal