United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:18 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Forgetting how hopeless he is on the ball (ex youth winger ) for a moment
His defending is atrocious

If tackling was the only thing a defender had to do he’d be top class however it’s only a small part of defending
His defensive positioning and awareness isn’t even championship level

His lack of effort to sprint back to get back in position is truly baffling to me

One for the exit door this summer if INEOS are serious about sorting this shit out

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
Forgetting how hopeless he is on the ball (ex youth winger ) for a moment
His defending is atrocious

If tackling was the only thing a defender had to do he’d be top class however it’s only a small part of defending
His defensive positioning and awareness isn’t even championship level

His lack of effort to sprint back to get back in position is truly baffling to me

One for the exit door this summer if INEOS are serious about sorting this shit out
Ah, how soon people forget.

Wasn't the greatest criticism against Terry the fact that he was a great tackler, because his positioning was crap and he turned like a barge?

Apart from being a total c*** as well.

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:31 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste View Post
Better than Dalot, so good news
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
But Atticus assured me he'd be sold this summer
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan View Post
Thought he played well in another wise lackluster team performance against Wolves.

Looked a lot better going forward...might give Dalot some competition this year.
Quote:
Give him some competition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan View Post

Don't really know why I'm wasting my time responding to this.

He's gone from being sidelined and almost booted out the door by Ten Hag, to starting the opening game in the starting 11.

He's turned things around and is getting his contract extended. I don't understand what you don't get about offering Dalot some competition. NIce contribution though.
Quote:
Thanks for bothering with the reply pal. Check user cp…
OMG again.

Shooting fish in a barrel

westcoatsvan one to keep an eye one for the future. Nice to find a nugget of gold in the mine of clueless shit.

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:51 PM
BigRonManager

Utterly utterly gormless.

We'll never be back competing with these puny children representing us. In fact the only case I can think of for ten Hag to stay is that, at some point, he has to realize that Rashford isn't the answer to anything and has to go. I have no faith a new guy, and INEOS, won't just give him a clean slate to continue disproving the assertion that you can't fool all the people all the time.

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:55 PM
believe

Aaron £#%&!-Bissaka.

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:58 PM
est.1878

Long past the point where gloves could have been explained by a good luck superstition. If they're still being worn in may I feel it grounds for gross misconduct dismissal.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:02 PM
BigRonManager

You'd like to think that in a normal universe he would recognize the weaknesses in his game - poor positioning, losing players at the far post, playing people onside etc - and take measures to correct it; but he just keeps doing the same thing, over and over again, for years now.

He almost cost us that game yesterday single-handedly (only by God's grace did he not play the game winner onside) and yet, had that happened, his facial expression wouldn't have changed one iota. Nor would his approach or his likelihood of starting the next match.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:07 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
You'd like to think that in a normal universe he would recognize the weaknesses in his game - poor positioning, losing players at the far post, playing people onside etc - and take measures to correct it; but he just keeps doing the same thing, over and over again, for years now.

He almost cost us that game yesterday single-handedly (only by God's grace did he not play the game winner onside) and yet, had that happened, his facial expression wouldn't have changed one iota. Nor would his approach or his likelihood of starting the next match.
He’s thick as whale soup. Like far too many of his teammates.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:07 PM
redhegemony

Our full backs are just awful. Neither seem to have any understanding of the basics. I'd keep Dalot as a squad player but sign two new ones as first choice.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:10 PM
armchair

He tries his best. The real issue is how much of the ball he gets. He's more of an outball for United than Mainoo or Dalot. That's not his fault. I'm not blaming Mainoo or Dalot either, I'm just saying it's ridiculous how often we play through a guy who obviously isn't that naturally good on the ball. It's like we think Philipp Lahm is playing there and everything has to go through him.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
Our full backs are just awful. Neither seem to have any understanding of the basics. I'd keep Dalot as a squad player but sign two new ones as first choice.
It’s rather odd that our full backs are awful, our wingers are awful, our goalkeeper is awful, our defenders are awful and our attack is awful but not of it is any way the managers fault.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:29 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
He tries his best. The real issue is how much of the ball he gets. He's more of an outball for United than Mainoo or Dalot. That's not his fault. I'm not blaming Mainoo or Dalot either, I'm just saying it's ridiculous how often we play through a guy who obviously isn't that naturally good on the ball. It's like we think Philipp Lahm is playing there and everything has to go through him.
Similarly the opposition simply know that if they allow him to be the out ball, we're actually stupid enough to give it to him.

ETH tactical set-up needs to be questioned in that instance, he might only be able to get rid of players who can't play his way, but he also massively hurts the side by allowing someone like AWB to get the ball in that area.

He has no flexibility or smarts to get the ball out to the right players more often. Similarly Onana's tragically ponderous approach to distribution most of the season means we're piss easy to set-up against. The one game he played the ball a LOT quicker was the City away where we caused all kinds of issues in the first half.

I can't get my head around why we do some things well some of the time, but most of the time they play slow, high risk football that results in losing posession so often (& worse, so close to our own goal).

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:34 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
You've got to imagine eith ten Hag is instructing them to play that way, or he's not and they're doing it anyway. Not sure which is worse tbh.

Either way, if they're disobeying or ignoring instructions he needs to try something different, yet he's not. It's just the same shit over and over.

Unread 22-04-2024, 03:02 PM
Coracao

Should have been shifted after his purple patch last season.

Unread 22-04-2024, 03:39 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager

A tiny mitigant here is that he was on the wrong side of the pitch for him- was clearly asked to get ahead of Rashford at times because Rashford couldn’t be arsed to do anything other than receive the ball put his foot on it and then knock it ten yards in field but backwards.

Add in the fact that Rashford didn’t provide any assistance tracking back etc and no wonder our makeshift left back was found wanting.

I agree that he isn’t the answer for us and we desperately need an upgrade but for me he was hung out to dry by Rashford