United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Sparky***

Default Jones and Young playing for the u21s tonight

Jones not managed to injure himself yet but he's getting ruined by Chelsea's kids.

Unread 04-04-2016, 08:22 PM
dunk

Rooney was supposed to be playing..

Unread 04-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Rooney was supposed to be playing..
He's not. No point in risking him

Unread 04-04-2016, 08:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Feel for Jones. It's been hard to detect because he's played so little over the last couple of years, but he has improved.

Rapidly reaching the point where the injuries will start taking their toll on him.

Unread 04-04-2016, 08:25 PM
redhegemony

How are his corners?

Unread 04-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Feel for Jones. It's been hard to detect because he's played so little over the last couple of years, but he has improved.

Rapidly reaching the point where the injuries will start taking their toll on him.
In what way has he improved?

This should be good.

Unread 04-04-2016, 08:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

This should be good.
Sorry. I meant to say he's shit like everyone else and Van Gaal has failed and should be replaced by Mourinho.

Unread 04-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Sorry. I meant to say he's shit like everyone else and Van Gaal has failed and should be replaced by Mourinho.
So you can't back up what you said.

Ok.

Unread 04-04-2016, 08:31 PM
saffers

Quote:

This should be good.
Quote:

Unread 04-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Tronics

Quote:

Unread 04-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
I've backed him up and down and all around for the last few years, but £#%&!in hell enough is enough.

Unread 04-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Understatement of the year so far

Unread 04-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Crumps

Big shame with his injuries tbf. Knows how to defend, is much better on the ball than he is given credit for, will stick hi head on anything. If he would have played as much as Smalling under LVG I reckon he'd be head and shoulders above him.

Unread 04-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Big shame with his injuries tbf. Knows how to defend, is much better on the ball than he is given credit for, will stick hi head on anything. If he would have played as much as Smalling under LVG I reckon he'd be head and shoulders above him.
He can run with the ball and he's brave, i'll give him that.

His passing, concentration and all-round defensive game are shocking though.

His game consists primarily of making basic positional/defensive errors and then atoning for them by lunging into last ditch tackles/blocks in true John Terry style.

He's a bang average defender who was admittedly coached poorly in his early years by being shunted about the team in all sorts of £#%&!ing positions instead of where he should have been, learning from the best.

That doesn't escape his biggest flaw however which is that he's a monumentally clumsy, injury-prone oaf who has been stealing a living at United for the last 3 years.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:02 PM
ScarFace

Quote:

lol sidey, you remind me of a mother of a murderer, who still visits her son even though he killed his wife n kids

"he's a good lad deep down"

Honest question, are you religious?

jones is a shit @#%&!.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Crumps

Disagree re his defending. Most of his 'mistakes' were the result of the lack of cover from a midfield. Having to abandon the defensive line to close the forward down which makes it easy to pass around if outnumbered or hold your position and have a player with plenty of time to run at you. That nasty habit Evra had of crossing his centre half forcing him out wide too when he was getting back from a attacking move.

One then LVG gets right is using ful/wingbacks as such. Better having a kid or a winger there as they have more of the qualities in common than with a centre half in the modern game and certainly with the jobs we'd ask of them.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
He can run with the ball and he's brave, i'll give him that.

His passing, concentration and all-round defensive game are shocking though.

His game consists primarily of making basic positional/defensive errors and then atoning for them by lunging into last ditch tackles/blocks in true John Terry style.

He's a bang average defender who was admittedly coached poorly in his early years by being shunted about the team in all sorts of £#%&!ing positions instead of where he should have been, learning from the best.

That doesn't escape his biggest flaw however which is that he's a monumentally clumsy, injury-prone oaf who has been stealing a living at United for the last 3 years.
Pretty much sums him up tbf.

There's a good player in there somewhere and the shunting has £#%&!ed him......but nothing has £#%&!ed him more than his own injuries. I don't see how anyone can say he's improved when he can't stay fit long enough to tell.

He is really £#%&!ing clumsy too. Big stupid biff.

Any attributes are irrelevant with an injury record like his. He simply can't stay fit, therfore can't be relied on and needs to be sold.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:10 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

What you lot make of Weir, I thought aside from his goal he was very good, neat and tidy on the ball, not afraid to take on his man either, another good youth product.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:42 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
What you lot make of Weir, I thought aside from his goal he was very good, neat and tidy on the ball, not afraid to take on his man either, another good youth product.
I like him.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Cream

I don't want to point fingers here but Irk told me the other day that Jones simply hasn't played enough football to have progressed, therefore his time has passed.

He's basically calling out Siders and Crumps.
Closed Thread