United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Not bothered, cheers phelan.

Phil Neville is fully badged and leaving Everton this summer...

Welcome back kitkat groove jaw.

Unread 11-05-2013, 12:16 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
What??

Choccy is Academy director ffs its not like he is 1st team coach

Dismantling the whole infrastructure of a club just to demonstrate that you aren't the previous manager is exactly what we don't need!

I don't think for one moment Moyes will get shut of him, he has no reason to
i was thinking more about bringing in his own staff rather than renting fergies. whoever or whatever they may be. you were saying it as if change was bad, or at least thats how i read it. i don't see why. moyes has set up a decent staff at everton. hes not a novice.

Unread 11-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i was thinking more about bringing in his own staff rather than renting fergies. whoever or whatever they may be. you were saying it as if change was bad, or at least thats how i read it. i don't see why. moyes has set up a decent staff at everton. hes not a novice.
I didn't mean change was a bad thing though, I was saying that losing SAF is a big enough change as it is

I agree he will want his own staff, thats perfectly understandable

Replacing academy staff for the sake of being seen as a new broom at the expense of the sort of people who make Utd Utd is folly

Unread 11-05-2013, 12:29 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

they bring in their people so they don't have to spend months establishing relationships and working out the strengths and weaknesses people who they have ever met before, they have enough of that with the players. Think Choccy will be ok and albert is retirement anyway. Hopefully there will be a shake up in the medical/sports science department

Unread 11-05-2013, 12:33 AM
wonky no

Quote:
I didn't mean change was a bad thing though, I was saying that losing SAF is a big enough change as it is

I agree he will want his own staff, thats perfectly understandable

Replacing academy staff for the sake of being seen as a new broom at the expense of the sort of people who make Utd Utd is folly
its probably more down to them wanting to leave. i should imagine theres a hell of a lot of emotion at ot at the moment. phelan has never known united without fergie. its going to be bizarre. if moyes doesnt give giggs first team football or even a role after he retires would it be accepted? i doubt it but then again when fergie came in and got rid of mcgrath, whiteside etc we were all thinking the same. again when kanchelskis, sharpe and hughes went.

most of the media are talking about scholes and giggs being a great influence on moyes' bedding in. no other manager has ever needed that. or had the chance of getting that (not to the same degree at least) then again not may managers have taken over a club as champions either.

Unread 11-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
its probably more down to them wanting to leave. i should imagine theres a hell of a lot of emotion at ot at the moment. phelan has never known united without fergie. its going to be bizarre. if moyes doesnt give giggs first team football or even a role after he retires would it be accepted? i doubt it but then again when fergie came in and got rid of mcgrath, whiteside etc we were all thinking the same. again when kanchelskis, sharpe and hughes went.

most of the media are talking about scholes and giggs being a great influence on moyes' bedding in. no other manager has ever needed that. or had the chance of getting that (not to the same degree at least) then again not may managers have taken over a club as champions either.
We're at cross purposes here mate, I have no prob with Phelan going, I only talked about choccy because somebody else said 'could he go' and I think clearing out academy staff and as I said people who arw steeped in Utd history would be a step too far

He will want his own immediate team in and I fully support that, it was the mentioned prospect of clearing house that I was saying was unnecessary

Unread 11-05-2013, 12:50 AM
wonky no

Thumbs up

Quote:
We're at cross purposes here mate, I have no prob with Phelan going, I only talked about choccy because somebody else said 'could he go' and I think clearing out academy staff and as I said people who arw steeped in Utd history would be a step too far

He will want his own immediate team in and I fully support that, it was the mentioned prospect of clearing house that I was saying was unnecessary

Unread 11-05-2013, 12:57 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:

The main folly after Busby, as far as I've been told, was the fear of getting rid of the old guard and that was a big mistake as we all now know. As for getting rid of McGrath my dad was seething, literally shaking with rage, and wrote a letter to the club, which is unusual for him as he can barely write a coherent sentance, and got a reply from froggie which he still has explaining there were reasons other than footballing ones why he did what he did. Obviously the
On a related note shows how much football has changed, can't imagine getting a reply to a letter like that these days

Unread 11-05-2013, 01:00 AM
Blagger

Will wait to hear his replacement before I get giddy. Not a huge fan of Steve Round tbh.

Unread 11-05-2013, 01:01 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
Will wait to hear his replacement before I get giddy. Not a huge fan of Steve Round tbh.
That headset FFS.

Hope we stick with Rene & Steel tho.

Unread 11-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
That headset FFS.

Hope we stick with Rene & Steel tho.
Very surprised if Rene and Steele leave. Especially Steele.

Unread 11-05-2013, 01:17 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
The main folly after Busby, as far as I've been told, was the fear of getting rid of the old guard and that was a big mistake as we all now know. As for getting rid of McGrath my dad was seething, literally shaking with rage, and wrote a letter to the club, which is unusual for him as he can barely write a coherent sentance, and got a reply from froggie which he still has explaining there were reasons other than footballing ones why he did what he did. Obviously the
On a related note shows how much football has changed, can't imagine getting a reply to a letter like that these days
Employing a stream of substandard managers probably didn't help tbf.

Unread 11-05-2013, 01:41 AM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
Can see him ending up as Fergie's chauffeur, wearing one of those hats.

Unread 11-05-2013, 03:04 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Unread 11-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Mr Castro

Devastated about Albert leaving

Unread 11-05-2013, 08:26 AM
carlosartorial

Love the long-held assumption that Phelan was a shit coach...if he was the bumbling, yes-man yonner £#%&!wit people automatically assume he was, do you think he'd have lasted in the job ffs?

Served United well. Fair play to the guy.

Unread 11-05-2013, 08:28 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Love the long-held assumption that Phelan was a shit coach...if he was the bumbling, yes-man yonner £#%&!wit people automatically assume he was, do you think he'd have lasted in the job ffs?

yes, because he was a yes-man yonner £#%&!wit.

Unread 11-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
No papers quoted.

Mail have a bit about new staff but no decision has been made. United want both Neville's on board though
Gary will never leave his new job at Sky. He's too good at it

Unread 11-05-2013, 08:58 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

I guess he was just easy to criticise because it's difficult to see exactly what he did. Plus the shorts looked silly.

Unread 11-05-2013, 10:18 AM
rafabio

good riddance.
Closed Thread