United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Shade

The worst thing is, were you really that surprised at this result?

The writing was on the wall when you looked at how both teams were playing in the match.

This is a very bad loss, and a lost opportunity to knock City out of the competition if we had drawn them for the semi-finals.

barca99

As long as city draw chelsea i dont care...

forwardirektion

Darmian

No way he’s an italian

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Stats are largely irrelevant when compared to the eye of someone with even half a clue about the game.

We may be second in the league, but we’re a poor match for other United sides which have finished as runners up in the past.
It's only the results that matter pal. All the rest is just numbers and conjecture etc..

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The lack of cohesion and composure of our forward players is truly breathtaking at times.

2 v 1 situations going through on their goal and they still manage to make a balls of it.

The mind boggles. Still, it must be great as one of these smaller teams knowing that if you just work hard that's 80% of the job done against this United team as they are, without doubt, the most pedestrian, lethargic bunch of c***s out there.
Nobody ever seems to have any space. We have little two on ones, somebody will take somebody on and then just ram straight in to a defender or rifle a shot in to crowd of shins. It's a mess. We never actually seem to utilise space.

Some of the first touches and simple 5 yards passes that were screwed up were appalling.

Then you contrast with how neatly and clinically Bristol City took their goals.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
It's glaringly apparent now that Jose is a on a wum. What the £#%&! do they do during the day? All fight and spirit gone. Those with a spark to their game have had it extinguished.

This is absolutely horrific to watch.
This is generally what Mourinho sides look like tbh. I know a few have reinvented his first Chelsea team as one of the games great entertainers, but his teams tend to win on margins and making fewer errors, rather than flow of play.

Results generally are good; football fairly joyless. It’s what he does.

Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Tbf we can’t be expected to play against City because they have spent a fiver more than us. Bristol didn’t get that memo.
dont agree with this idea tbh - we're coached by Mourinho, he's never been a footballing purist, why would you expect him to go into a game against an unbeaten City side (who the media are in love with) and play them at their own game?

for better or worse it was never gonna happen mate. i would have loved it personally, would rather lose 5-0 playing football than parking the bus and losing 2-1 but i'm not surprise Mourinho opted for the path of least resistance and if Lukaku would have scored, he would have "got away with it"

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's only the results that matter pal. All the rest is just numbers and conjecture etc..
Results do matter though, and what matters tonight is that we lost - and deservedly so.

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Bristol were actually good.
form team.

forwardirektion

Glad no one realised we brought smalling on upfront when they scored the 2nd

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Nobody ever seems to have any space. We have little two on ones, somebody will take somebody on and then just ram straight in to a defender or rifle a shot in to crowd of shins. It's a mess. We never actually seem to utilise space.

Some of the first touches and simple 5 yards passes that were screwed up were appalling.

Then you contrast with how neatly and clinically Bristol City took their goals.
There is absolutely no game plan or attack minded coaching going on, there can't be. Not a single one of them has any idea where they are moving to with or without the ball, there's no pattern, no idea, no tactical approach, nothing. Just hoping for a moment of individual magic, or one of the vague crosses to land in a fortuitous manner.

Shaw was decent though, imo.

Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Just seen the result.... couldn't give a £#%&!.

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
That was a pitch invader.

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
This is generally what Mourinho sides look like tbh. I know a few have reinvented his first Chelsea team as one of the games great entertainers, but his teams tend to win on margins and making fewer errors, rather than flow of play.

Results generally are good; football fairly joyless. It’s what he does.
But Real Madrid scored 150 goals you know..

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
dont agree with this idea tbh - we're coached by Mourinho, he's never been a footballing purist, why would you expect him to go into a game against an unbeaten City side (who the media are in love with) and play them at their own game?

for better or worse it was never gonna happen mate. i would have loved it personally, would rather lose 5-0 playing football than parking the bus and losing 2-1 but i'm not surprise Mourinho opted for the path of least resistance and if Lukaku would have scored, he would have "got away with it"
I didn’t say I expected it

It’s just a common idea in this country. “They’re a bigger club? Can’t try and play against them - will get battered”

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:12 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That's what happens when you have to rely on 'potential' all the time.

Potentially you f*** up a lot.

Get in the market in January ffs and get us some footballers of substance.
Yes, let’s throw more money at the problem. We have a few shit players at the club but plenty with a lot of quality who I suspect would be showing their potential already at other clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics

Something tells me Siders was not surprised by our approach in the derby mate.

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:13 PM
Shade

Quote:
Someone should tell Mourinho that it's almost 2018 and not 2005 anymore.

Football has changed, those tactics are simply not viable anymore.

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:14 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Someone should tell Mourinho that it's almost 2018 and not 2005 anymore.

Football has changed, those tactics are simply not viable anymore.
He won the league in 2015 you daft @#%&!.

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
But Real Madrid scored 150 goals you know..
But that's true (well maybe not quite 150, but even so)

You might not like it yourself, but most people will put up with JM's football when it brings results. When it doesn't they will become restless, and understandably so.