United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football Auto-Threads

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:20 AM
fred tissue

Default Wolves’ Gary O’Neil perplexed by non-award of penalty at Manchester United

• O’Neil receives apology from PGMOL after defeat
  • Erik ten Hag admits team need to improve ‘our skills’
Gary O’Neil was left perplexed at the decision not to award his Wolves side a penalty in added time in their defeat by Manchester United and quickly received an apology from the Professional Game Match Officials Limited.

Sasa Kalajdzic was caught in the face in the penalty area by the United goalkeeper, André Onana, but neither the referee, Simon Hooper, nor his VAR colleagues deemed it worthy of a penalty. “It looked like the goalkeeper tried to take the centre-forward’s head off is what it looked like live and when I watch it now it looks the same,” O’Neil said. “I’m really surprised it’s not a foul. If you go for the ball and clatter the player that hard it has to be a foul. I’m not surprised we didn’t get it. I thought he was coming to the screen but he came over to book me.”

Continue reading...

More...